Saints 1 Palace 2 - Post Match

St Chalet

Worst manager since Branfoot, first 20 mins I thought we were going to go on and win it fast forward to the second half we invited them on after they scored there was only going to be one winner, first pass is always backwards or sideways.

It's exactly like the relegation season in 2005, when we hung on to a manager who was totally out of his depth, and then made the change when it was far to late. On that occasion it was Rupert Lowe being totally bloody minded in stating that Wigley had the job for the remainder of the season. It would appear to be Déjà vu with Les Reed this time.........

Yes the parallels are everywhere including the pitch, atmosphere, being mugged at home games late on by average teams and the lack of resilience from the defence. Swansea plus two more... can’t see Palace, WHU going and am doubtful about Stoke despite recent form. A few weeks ago we were 25/1. Now must be more like 7/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palace f*cked up the FdB appointment, but at least they addressed it almost immediately.

Our loyalty to MP is admirable, but will likely cost us.

Recruitment (both players & staff) has gone down hill.

No it isn't. No way. If he looked like he knew what he was doing, that we were unlucky, then maybe. He doesn't. It isn't admirable to be loyal to someone like that, just plain stupid.

Of course, V-VD has only just left, so we can't expect a transformation in the team immediately. It will take a few more games and pep talks from Krueger, the great motivational speaker until the team spirit returns and then we will be unbeatable. The first sign ofn this turnaround happened earlier than expected when Long scored.

Seriously though, Pellegrino must go before he gets us relegated and if Krueger and the board aren't prepared to countenance the drastic action that is required, then perhaps it is time to get on their backs with organised protests.

Had Long been a decent striker, he could have had a brace before a minute and a half. The match was a tale of two halves, when having scored, we dominated possession and frustrated Palace. But not having scored again when we had the momentum, Hodgson had time for a tactical assessment of how they could turn the match and he made a change immediately the second half began. As time wore on, Palace came more into it, gained more possession, won more of the 50/50 balls in midfield and gradually pinned us further into our own half. It was only a matter of time until they equalised and having done so, their heads were up and ours went down. Hodgson made two tactical substitutions before Pellegrino even made his first and having seen that our midfield was being overrun, Pellegrino decided to weaken it still further by taking off Hojbjerg for Davis. From that moment on Palace could have scored even more.

It was a pleasant surprise to see both Gabbiadini and Long up front together, but the match was already lost by the time he did it. Why it never occurs to him that the time to have two strikers up front at home is from the first whistle, I don't know. Quite why Lemina wasn't played, or why Hoedt didn't start is beyond me.

If this clown gets us relegated, I don't think that I could be bothered continuing to watch this dross that his teams serve up in the league below. If the football we play is at least entertaining and full of commitment, then fair enough. But it hasn't been since the end of last season, and I've pretty well had enough of it.

Well that's me done, that was once again a dysfunctional and disorganised shambles. We took the lead after a fast start, but after that we didn't do anything. Didn't threaten, didn't attack, and didn’t keep the ball. We had no method to our play, no pattern, no obvious shape to the side. It was rudderless, aimless and leaderless.

We invited a tired and weary palace back onto us in the 2nd half and they duly obliged. Once they scored that was it, they had us for toast.

Players like Romeu, Stephens, and Bertrand have regressed massively as footballers. They don't even do the basics well anymore, so you have to look at the training ground and the preparation/coaching as to why that is.

If you carry on for 12 months at home like we have, then it's no surprise to see us where we are. I think the club are too scared to remove another manager, but he looks totally lost out there if I'm honest. Seems a nice enough bloke, but just seems lost and the team plays like that.

I hate clubs that keep chopping and changing managers, so I’m going to be hating us I think, but it's something we're going to have to do as we've seemingly got it wrong for the 2nd time in a row.

As Ralf's rousing speech said earlier, everyone at the club needs to take a share of the blame for where we are. They're all over it when we're doing well and shouting from the rooftops about how everyone else wants to copy us, but I don't see them copying anything we're doing right now.

It has been a collective cockup for the last 18 months from recruitment of players through to the managerial and coaching setup. From our strongest ever position as a club in 6th and EL group stages, we have seemingly managed to score the biggest own goal we could have.

Well done to everyone.

People scoff about organised protests but I genuinely think it would be effective against tma club who is so pr and image conscious.

If he hasn't gone then I don't think there would be any other choice.

I'd quite like to see some sort of pitch invasion at the Spurs home game live on Sky and stop the game being played, but that would be a last resort. We'd get punished by the FA but it would certainly get the message across. Booing at the end of games isn't enough for this board it would appear.

There are obviously weaknesses in the squad but I still think we have quite a number of talented players.

Today we had palace and rather than go for the kill I can only assume the manager told them to start to sit and passively absorb pressure.

There may not be great options out there but at this stage i’d take even someone like monk. He got Swansea to 8th, had Leeds performing well for much of last season after being a basket case & even at Middlesbrough he was 9th.

Of course, V-VD has only just left, so we can't expect a transformation in the team immediately. It will take a few more games and pep talks from Krueger, the great motivational speaker until the team spirit returns and then we will be unbeatable. The first sign ofn this turnaround happened earlier than expected when Long scored.

Seriously though, Pellegrino must go before he gets us relegated and if Krueger and the board aren't prepared to countenance the drastic action that is required, then perhaps it is time to get on their backs with organised protests.

Had Long been a decent striker, he could have had a brace before a minute and a half. The match was a tale of two halves, when having scored, we dominated possession and frustrated Palace. But not having scored again when we had the momentum, Hodgson had time for a tactical assessment of how they could turn the match and he made a change immediately the second half began. As time wore on, Palace came more into it, gained more possession, won more of the 50/50 balls in midfield and gradually pinned us further into our own half. It was only a matter of time until they equalised and having done so, their heads were up and ours went down. Hodgson made two tactical substitutions before Pellegrino even made his first and having seen that our midfield was being overrun, Pellegrino decided to weaken it still further by taking off Hojbjerg for Davis. From that moment on Palace could have scored even more.

It was a pleasant surprise to see both Gabbiadini and Long up front together, but the match was already lost by the time he did it. Why it never occurs to him that the time to have two strikers up front at home is from the first whistle, I don't know. Quite why Lemina wasn't played, or why Hoedt didn't start is beyond me.

If this clown gets us relegated, I don't think that I could be bothered continuing to watch this dross that his teams serve up in the league below. If the football we play is at least entertaining and full of commitment, then fair enough. But it hasn't been since the end of last season, and I've pretty well had enough of it.

Hoedt is out with concussion.

You've summer it up perfectly though. Clueless management and substitutions.

If he hasn't gone then I don't think there would be any other choice.

I'd quite like to see some sort of pitch invasion at the Spurs home game live on Sky and stop the game being played, but that would be a last resort. We'd get punished by the FA but it would certainly get the message across. Booing at the end of games isn't enough for this board it would appear.

don't be silly. We could get docked points and those fans would be banned forever

Unfortunately there are still some who think we have a good squad. We don't. We had an excellent manager last season who got the best out of them. Now we have a terrible manager who can't match that. New manager needed and new players.

Yes the squad is bang average. We’ve stood still since we lost Wanyana, Pelle and Mane others have strengthened. You can’t afford to do that in this league and we’re seeing the effect. Hell, it was obvious last season yet the genius board thought otherwise. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoedt was unavailable because of concussion. Otherwise I agree.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last season saw a big regression, whether that ****wit wreck it ralph believes it or not. Just look at the points total.

This season has been an utter ****ing car crash.

I'm not sure if the cherry on top is the patronising, question-dodging, morale busting "interview" or tonight's result.

I genuinely think a protest should be organised to apply pressure on the new owner to sack these bunch of clueless ****s. If the manager isn't sacked and we do not bring in 2-3 quality attackers we are down.

Right now it seems neither will happen so we have to make some noise or we are ****ed....

The sheer predictability of every game is sickening now. At half time I said they’ll equalise on around 65 mins and go on to win.

There is not one aspect of MPs reign that would even offer a slight bit of hope to turn it around. 3 points from 27. 1 win in 12. 4 wins in 22. It’s all absolutely, 100% not good enough.

The board have to act. There’s no excuses at all.

Davis - past it

Stephens - a youngster who is being ruined

Boufal- utterly inconsistent

Soares- poor and lacking bottle

Bertrand- going through the motions

Jwp- good crosser of a ball, everything else below average or worse

Lemina- started well now as bad as anyone else

Romeu- chalk and cheese from last year. Abysmal by comparison.

Long - runs a lot and never ever scores.

Yoshida- error prone and unreliable.

Redmond - our poorest performer this year and that's really saying something.

Just a few of the absolute tossers we have on show this year. I genuinely struggle to think of anyone apart from Hojbjerg who has been even average or above this season. Utterly abysmal and the entire management should be ashamed.

Davis - past it

Stephens - a youngster who is being ruined

Boufal- utterly inconsistent

Soares- poor and lacking bottle

Bertrand- going through the motions

Jwp- good crosser of a ball, everything else below average or worse

Lemina- started well now as bad as anyone else

Romeu- chalk and cheese from last year. Abysmal by comparison.

Long - runs a lot and never ever scores.

Yoshida- error prone and unreliable.

Redmond - our poorest performer this year and that's really saying something.

Just a few of the absolute tossers we have on show this year. I genuinely struggle to think of anyone apart from Hojbjerg who has been even average or above this season. Utterly abysmal and the entire management should be ashamed.

Long scored today.

The sheer predictability of every game is sickening now. At half time I said they’ll equalise on around 65 mins and go on to win.

There is not one aspect of MPs reign that would even offer a slight bit of hope to turn it around. 3 points from 27. 1 win in 12. 4 wins in 22. It’s all absolutely, 100% not good enough.

The board have to act. There’s no excuses at all.

So did I! There was no satisfaction at half time, i simply said I was worried because we had only scored one and that I expected us to sit back and let them equalise. I thought we would nick a draw, I didn't think it would be even worse. Mr Gao are you happy to risk your investment just so that some f*ckwit Canadian can save face? You need to act now and remove this manager from his post.

first pass is always backwards or sideways.

that is not the managers fault. Players first touches are not good enough and we have not enough players with the ability, strength and technique to play forwards. Players instead play it safer because they are not good enough or confident enough. Romeu a case in point. Almost every forward ball he played tonight was intercepted, so in the end stopped trying them. Accuracy and weight of pass is also a major factor. Again quality of player a major factor.

Edited by Chez

Assuming we can now attract decent reinforcements in the transfer window, I don’t want Pellegrino anywhere near them. He simply cannot string two decent performances together. He can’t even string two average performances together.

I want a football team, not a bloody string section.