Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Gao Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sir_fred View Post
    I just checked the LD Sport web page and it really does not look like a company who can afford to sponsor a Premier League Team. It is in Chinese but the the content on the page seems to very limited and Southampton focused. What details do we have on the sponsorship deal? Is it confirmed that Gao is the owner of LD Sports? It is really tricky to find any information on the case which is odd on a Premier League sponsor.

https://www.ldsports.uk/

THAT
    Can't even get the grammar right

Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    I still think he's potless and that this will ultimately hurt us in a league where almost all other owners are prepared to put in funds.
    Ultimately this.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    This is their main website - https://www.ldsports.cn/ - still a bit Mickey Mouse.

As for our owner and Noodles' question - do we still hate him? - hate is the wrong word. And how can anyone hate him seeing as he doesn't seemingly exist.
    The greatest trick Goa ever pulled was convincing Saintsweb he didn't exist.....

4. Default

I'm still concerned about the whereabouts of Gary Diaz/Dias and the squirrel....

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    This is their main website - https://www.ldsports.cn/ - still a bit Mickey Mouse.

As for our owner and Noodles' question - do we still hate him? - hate is the wrong word. And how can anyone hate him seeing as he doesn't seemingly exist.
    Yes he does I know people who met him. They thought he was an Asian fan...

That LD Sports thing still absolutely stinks. More so than it did, because even these months on it's still a company of nothingness who can apparently afford to sponsor a topflight English team.

And they’re Chinese.

and our owner is Chinese.

Let me think a second. Yeah, it's not dodgy at all. Fully legit sponsorship deal with no links to our ownership.

God, once we get that stupid little man Gao out things will start looking up. Until then, it's going to be quite a lot of dodgyness.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    That LD Sports thing still absolutely stinks. More so than it did, because even these months on it's still a company of nothingness who can apparently afford to sponsor a topflight English team.

And they’re Chinese.

Let me think a second. Yeah, it's not dodgy at all. Fully legit sponsorship deal with no links to our ownership.

God, once we get that stupid little man Gao out things will start looking up. Until then, it's going to be quite a lot of dodgyness.
    and they are called LD Sports and Goas company is called Lander Sports, must just be a coincidence.

And they’re Chinese.

And a topflight Spanish team.

“As long as the money reaches our account in Pounds Sterling, that’s all that matters.”

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    and they are called LD Sports and Goas company is called Lander Sports, must just be a coincidence.
    Gao's....(sorry Goa's....gotta keep in with those that know stuff on this forum) company? https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/174...lander-sports/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    The greatest trick Goa ever pulled was convincing Saintsweb he didn't exist.....
    Very Good Kaiser. I wish he didn't exist. Then we wouldn't be in this mess. Gao has to be the worst owner we have ever had (and I hated Lowe on another level). Surely the worst owner in the English Premier League by a long shot. Imagine the reception to our situation in Tyneside (and certain fans think it's ok having a thread bare squad, no back-up to midfield and defence whilst deferring any low grade transfer to yet another subsequent transfer window. Madness).

Surely we all want the club to succeed. To compete. I'd go one better and like us to win something but that would probably be deemed unrealistic and inherently crazed, like some demented Victor Meldrew on acid (certainly not this season. We will struggle to get a starting 11 and field a capable bench if we get a few injuries). We are seasons away from competing for trophies and we will practically need a new squad of signings next season if we are to approach the season in parallel to our competitors and that will not happen under this absolute tool, Chairman Gao (and with it, no tangible depth in the squad and no competition for your place in the starting 11 so more possibility of lack lustre performances due to motivation or, like Bertrand, simply being burnt out). Only at Southampton...

What has happened to the KWP talk? Please no Joe Bryan. Judging by the pretext to Ralph's 180 degree turn and considering the Daily Echo club spin to lower expectations below zero, like the weather, I truly fear we won't be signing anyone but I strongly feel this will come back to bite us on the butt and this will be a huge mistake and complacency of the lowest common denominator. We simply never, ever learn and, worst part, push complacency more and more rather than safeguard our status which is nothing more than utter, utter lunacy and complete disregard and incompetency.

UTS!!

Do people genuinely think if we sign no-one in January which looks likely, this muppet Chairman will put any funds in to rebuild the squad properly in the summer? I', not confident and their word now means less than nothing. Under Gao's ever increasingly disastrous tenure, our squad has gone thinner and thinner and the incoming outgoing ratio is heavily weighted on one side. He's a charlatan. My greatest concern is, Ralph is a good manager and unless something changes VERY SOON to repair the string of obviously broken promises (the board are consistent, they seemingly b*llsh*t the staff as much as the fans), I fear Ralph may walk. #GaoOut

Blog Entries

Depends on...

when HasenhŁttlís contract is up - will it get renewed this summer with a year left?

What players leave this summer.

What players return this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    THAT
    Can't even get the grammar right
    Hehe, sorry. I am Swedish so my English is a bit dodgy. When I was in language school In Torquay I got corrected on my grammar by the 3 year old daughter in my host family. 😀

I hope my point is still valid, there are some major question mark regarding this sponsorship. I hope that the real answers donít get us in trouble.

And they’re Chinese.

Paraphrasing of an 70's group, it sounds as if its a case of Dodgynessabounds.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Some credit should be given to the “muppet chairman” for not panicking and sacking Ralph when many other chairmen would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    ďAs long as the money reaches our account in Pounds Sterling, thatís all that matters.Ē
    Unless it's Gao getting money out of china and then pulling it out of the club into a British account. In which case we're losing out on a sponsor that pays nothing.

Do LD even have any revenue? Will be very interesting to see the club financials in March.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Some credit should be given to the “muppet chairman” for not panicking and sacking Ralph when many other chairmen would have done.
    We couldn’t sack him because we could not afford too.
    A new manager may also want to bring in his own staff so it could of meant the likes of Watson and Davis would need paying off too.

Can we hope the coronavirus gets him?

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Anyone able to find out what part of the world he's currently in and when he last went to China?

Well if the Corona virus does get him at least we will get 5 pence back when we return the empty body towards our transfer kitty !!

Is it now acceptable to 'joke' about wanting people dead?

Ok, he may be a **** owner, but it is pretty pathetic to want him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post

I think you might find he is joking, why don’t you just lighten up ?

I think you might find he is joking, why donít you just lighten up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    I think you might find he is joking, why don’t you just lighten up ?
    I acknowledge in my post that he considered it a joke. My point was it is pathetic to joke about wanting people dead for merely not investing in a football club. Of course as the Grim Reaper... you clearly disagree.

I bet he doesn't.

I acknowledge in my post that he considered it a joke. My point was it is pathetic to joke about wanting people dead for merely not investing in a football club. Of course as the Grim Reaper... you clearly disagree.
    He never said he wants him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    I think you might find he is joking, why donít you just lighten up ?
    I think it's brilliant that a death joke whinge gets a comment from the grim reaper 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    He never said he wants him dead.
    Not word for word, but he did ask if we can hope he gets a potentially fatal virus. Pretty obvious wanting him dead that was the meaning behind the 'joke', or else just wish someone gets regular flu.

Not word for word, but he did ask if we can hope he gets a potentially fatal virus. Pretty obvious wanting him dead that was the meaning behind the 'joke', or else just wish someone gets regular flu.
    Spectrum.

the Flu can be fatal to some. Regular or not.

You are one of those who likes to find offence in everything, aren't you.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

You are one of those who likes to find offence in everything, aren't you.
    I didn't say I was in any way offended. I said it was a pathetic joke to wish a potentially fatal disease on someone for merely being a **** football club owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Paraphrasing of an 70's group, it sounds as if its a case of Dodgynessabounds.
    Does he even have the cash for two pints of lager and packet of crisps ???

Blog Entries

Maybe Goa’s in lockdown in China and can’t now smuggle out the suitcases of cash for a shiny new LB and RB.

No doubt, some on here would sooner believe that than the fact that the club is reluctant is spend despite stated areas of need.
    Last edited by shurlock; 25-01-2020 at 02:08 PM.