Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2333

Thread: Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I have but more because I think it would provide a good distraction.
    Agree, it’s more just missing normality. Not just football, cricket (can’t see the cricket season going ahead) or even my weekly round of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    They’ll definitely try their best to finish this season off.

If we void the season now, means the PL lose out on £800m/owe it back to Sky+BT and overseas.

You gotta remember clubs like Villa have already spent money expecting to receive that money, etc etc etc.

I think the leagues take precedence, so fully expect behind closed doors fixtures as soon as testing becomes more widely available.
    Why would the fa have to pay back sky and co when they have shown games all season, it's only the last 9 games not shown, but those dates have pasts any way and don't look to be Completed any time soon. Just like football it's self, sky will have to take the lack of games this season on the chin. Pause the league to long clubs go bankrupt. Just void it, split the winnings equally to allow clubs to stay afloat and start next season as soon as possible. Can't pause this season indefinitely to please Liverpool. If this season resumes. I'll have no excitement for it, it's over for me... Weeks of no football at all then resume a dead league table..... Its not right... Players not training properly, no tactical training. Lack of match fitness.. It'll be rubbish.. Be like pre season games.... No thanks. Void it. Start a new 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Why would the fa have to pay back sky and co when they have shown games all season, it's only the last 9 games not shown, but those dates have pasts any way and don't look to be Completed any time soon. Just like football it's self, sky will have to take the lack of games this season on the chin. Pause the league to long clubs go bankrupt. Just void it, split the winnings equally to allow clubs to stay afloat and start next season as soon as possible. Can't pause this season indefinitely to please Liverpool. If this season resumes. I'll have no excitement for it, it's over for me... Weeks of no football at all then resume a dead league table..... Its not right... Players not training properly, no tactical training. Lack of match fitness.. It'll be rubbish.. Be like pre season games.... No thanks. Void it. Start a new 1
    The Times today quoted Pulis as saying that the players will need three weeks of training on grass before they can play again.

Why should anybody have to accommodate Liverpool? Let me put it like this. If the there were four teams all within a couple of points at the top would anybody care about Liverpool?

4. Default

"Only the last nine games" is a quarter of the entire season, loads of content and at the business end of the season. Granted the title race isn't much but still plenty to watch.

Loads of advertising revenue down the pan and loads of lost/paused subscribtions/NOW TV buy-ups etc. Plus sky are likely paying presenters, pundits, cameramen etc for doing nothing, either through obligation or goodwill.

Of course there is a huge loss to be discussed. Not sure Sky have to be the ones "to take it on the chin" - why not the clubs, why not the Premier League taking it on the chin.

There's a lot to be debated when the dust settles but it's nowhere near as straightforward as you are making out.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    You’ve misunderstood. The World Cup remains in place, but that time will be the end of season as opposed to the middle.

2019/20 season ends Nov ‘20
    2020/21 season Feb ‘21-Oct ‘21
    21/22 season Feb ‘22- Oct ‘22 followed by World Cup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would do that, yes. But I'm one who believes we should have every season like that. It would help for international tournaments too where June would be mid-season, rather than after a long domestic season. Better for fans too to watch in shorts rather than woollies and raincoats. If we can get the players to take their holidays Nov to Jan, then it's a win all round.

You’ve misunderstood. The World Cup remains in place, but that time will be the end of season as opposed to the middle.

2019/20 season ends Nov ‘20
    2020/21 season Feb ‘21-Oct ‘21
    21/22 season Feb ‘22- Oct ‘22 followed by World Cup.
    How would you then get back to August to May seasons? There is a very big gap between December 2022 World Cup and August 2023.

7. Default

And I presume you’d be saying exactly the same thing if it was our promotion winning season under Nigel Adkins, or if we were 25 points ahead of 5th and pretty much guaranteed champions league football next season. Nobody is pausing the season to please Liverpool , in fact Klopp & Liverpool have shown a lot of class at this moment in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they attempt to restart EPL season behind closed doors, and it seems to be only the EPL being discussed, it will be just pure greed on behalf of the EPL. With the subscribers to Sky, BT etc footing the bill.....

I wonder how many people have cancelled their subscriptions to sport channels on satellite tv....?

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    "Only the last nine games" is a quarter of the entire season, loads of content and at the business end of the season. Granted the title race isn't much but still plenty to watch.

Loads of advertising revenue down the pan and loads of lost/paused subscribtions/NOW TV buy-ups etc. Plus sky are likely paying presenters, pundits, cameramen etc for doing nothing, either through obligation or goodwill.

Of course there is a huge loss to be discussed. Not sure Sky have to be the ones "to take it on the chin" - why not the clubs, why not the Premier League taking it on the chin.

There's a lot to be debated when the dust settles but it's nowhere near as straightforward as you are making out.
    Because the competition is gone, the season has been interrupted, games that should have been played not played, players who was injured, or fatigued is gone, match sharpness is gone, fitness is gone. The season has ended. None give a wink about sky, who cares, you think they want a hole season stopped for 9 games? Yeah ofc... If the season restarts, it will be behind closed doors with every game aired live any way for FREE as they have already said it will be. This seasons contractual obligations for every one for this season, players staff, police, NHS staff, every one is under Co tract, might have things planned, some players are already refusing to finish the season, some are also refusing to have wages halved, players are also refusing to Co tinge this season beyond the end date of the season on their contracts that define payments of HUGE bonuses. It won't work just to make happy a few teams and broadcasting company's. It will be a farce l. Not to mention the many clubs out side the top divisions already going into administration because payments on league games and ofc the waiting for next seasons money and end of season reward money... We won't have any leagues left. Now the game is gone... Least Liverpool and sky are happy...........

10. Default

Because the competition is gone, the season has been interrupted, games that should have been played not played, players who was injured, or fatigued is gone, match sharpness is gone, fitness is gone. The season has ended. None give a wink about sky, who cares, you think they want a hole season stopped for 9 games? Yeah ofc... If the season restarts, it will be behind closed doors with every game aired live any way for FREE as they have already said it will be. This seasons contractual obligations for every one for this season, players staff, police, NHS staff, every one is under Co tract, might have things planned, some players are already refusing to finish the season, some are also refusing to have wages halved, players are also refusing to Co tinge this season beyond the end date of the season on their contracts that define payments of HUGE bonuses. It won't work just to make happy a few teams and broadcasting company's. It will be a farce l. Not to mention the many clubs out side the top divisions already going into administration because payments on league games and ofc the waiting for next seasons money and end of season reward money... We won't have any leagues left. Now the game is gone... Least Liverpool and sky are happy...........
    There's a lot of sentences there but god knows what you're on about.

But I think what I took from it is you don't like Sky or Liverpool so you just support any decision that pi sses them off the most because no one cares about them or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    How would you then get back to August to May seasons? There is a very big gap between December 2022 World Cup and August 2023.
    Why do we need to? I'd take Feb - Oct seasons over the current format given choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Why do we need to? I'd take Feb - Oct seasons over the current format given choice.
    Not really feasible unless the other major European leagues did the same and you'd then have an issue with heat, not only in the British summer but even more so for some other major European leagues.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    If they attempt to restart EPL season behind closed doors, and it seems to be only the EPL being discussed, it will be just pure greed on behalf of the EPL. With the subscribers to Sky, BT etc footing the bill.....

I wonder how many people have cancelled their subscriptions to sport channels on satellite tv....?
    I don't understand why putting the matches on behind closed doors would be "just pure greed"?

Don't people want to watch football on TV any more because this seems quite a big change in the UK from about three weeks ago when it was quite a popular thing.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

I wouldn't. For me football is winter game part of the British football experience is watching a game while freezing your balls off in a downpour. Plus my seat in the Itchen North is murder on a sunny day can't see a ****ing thing with the sun in your eyes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Not really feasible unless the other major European leagues did the same and you'd then have an issue with heat, not only in the British summer but even more so for some other major European leagues.
    Meh, just have more evening kick offs in June and July. If we can play major tournaments in European summers, we can do it for domestic games too.

Beer gardens in the sun, head to the ground for a 4pm kick off... lovely, I'll have some of that.

16. Default

Meh, just have more evening kick offs in June and July. If we can play major tournaments in European summers, we can do it for domestic games too.

Beer gardens in the sun, head to the ground for a 4pm kick off... lovely, I'll have some of that.
    Meh, sounds like a sh it idea and won't happen.

17. Default

Not a clue. Anyone?

There's a lot of sentences there but god knows what you're on about.

But I think what I took from it is you don't like Sky or Liverpool so you just support any decision that pi sses them off the most because no one cares about them or something.
    It is well reported only clubs looking to get millions from winning titles and gaining promotion that want the season to be paused, while every other club wants it voided. Champions league teams also want it paused...

So let me ask you.. Are we pausing for the goodness of football or to protect the money flow of the elite teams?

If you think it's for the club's who have nothing to gain but a starvation of funds. Then OK. I have a hatred for liverpool and sky...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...l-to-be-voided

OK for some yeah?...

School holidays, summer holidays and what the flipping heck are you going to between October and February? Football is a winter sport.

20. Default Coronavirus Discussion Thread

So let me ask you.. Are we pausing for the goodness of football or to protect the money flow of the elite teams?

It is being paused because that’s the fairest thing to do at the present time. Whether that remains sustainable as weeks become months is another thing.

21. Default

It is well reported only clubs looking to get millions from winning titles and gaining promotion that want the season to be paused, while every other club wants it voided. Champions league teams also want it paused...

If you think it's for the club's who have nothing to gain but a starvation of funds. Then OK. I have a hatred for liverpool and sky...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...l-to-be-voided

OK for some yeah?...
    Honestly don't know what you are on about.

We're pausing the season because there is a pandemic happening right now, not "because it protects the money flow of the elite teams" (what??)

Can you tell me the names of "every other club" who want the season voided? Because apart from Karren Brady I haven't heard from many individual clubs. I don't think Saints have said that. Semmens said the opposite about 10 days ago.

You then link to an article about the upset caused by voiding all the non league seasons which until that point I thought was what you wanted.

You might want to try, slowly, to explain what your position is on this. In English.

It is being paused because that’s the fairest thing to do at the present time. Whether that remains sustainable as weeks become months is another thing.

So then it's fair that some leagues are paused, and others are voided.. Right OK thank you. I was thinking that treating all the same was fair..........................

Honestly don't know what you are on about.

We're pausing the season because there is a pandemic happening right now, not "because it protects the money flow of the elite teams" (what??)

Can you tell me the names of "every other club" who want the season voided? Because apart from Karren Brady I haven't heard from many individual clubs. I don't think Saints have said that. Semmens said the opposite about 10 days ago.

You then link to an article about the upset caused by voiding all the non league seasons which until that point I thought was what you wanted.

You might want to try, slowly, to explain what your position is on this. In English.
    Because the ones we are paysingfor will get promotion rewards that come with it and titles and rewards for winning titles..

If it's voided, every thing is split equally?.... And points voided... And results voided and no promotions or winners on a sport that is highly influenced by Injuries, tiredness and fatigue. Some players can jump right in, others need a run of games. Some teams had injurys which have now recovered. Unfair is allowing it to continue when so much from the last game has been changed.

24. Default

Because the ones we are paysingfor will get promotion rewards that come with it and titles and rewards for winning titles..

If it's voided, every thing is split equally?.... And points voided... And results voided and no promotions or winners on a sport that is highly influenced by Injuries, tiredness and fatigue. Some players can jump right in, others need a run of games. Some teams had injurys which have now recovered. Unfair is allowing it to continue when so much from the last game has been changed.
    So you are saying you want all football seasons to be null and void now. Yes?

But earlier you were saying that the remaining season "was only nine games" so we can take the season as it is now and award all the promotions and relegations now because theres only nine games and that's nothing, right?

I get why they're focused on preserving the season and finding a way. I get why promoted clubs and liverpool will suggest anything, and broadcasters want some content.

But it's a write off isn't it? Best case scenario you can have regular fixtures with fans by say, October? So the season is over by the end of the year, short break and run the following season jan/feb to just before the world cup. So I can see how that would have more positives that negatives.

But the 2019/20 season still have a major asterisk under it. It's remembered more for the disruption and break than anything else. I don't think players can be blamed if they're rusty, or just don't have their minds totally on it. I don't think fans can be blamed if they want to stay away longer, or just have other priorities.

Playing it behind closed doors just means the full fixture list isn't fair. Home advantage is a big deal for clubs other than saints.

Realistically, in the next couple of months other major leagues are going to void the seasons. There'll be growing pressure on the premier league. We'll move into territory where it's risking disrupting the following season too much. And a full 2020/21 season is worth way more in broadcasting, advertising etc than these 9 game weeks, so it won't be worth the risk.

If you're taking a 6/7/8 month break doesn't it feel better to just have a clean slate?

Giving liverpool the title seems irrelevant. If it makes them happy do it, but it won't really be viewed as a proper title now and not what people remember about the season.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244623826748608512

Not sure this is the right place, but f'ing brilliant by our captain - so hope he stays!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244623826748608512<br><br>Not sure this is the right place, but f'ing brilliant by our captain - so hope he stays!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    School holidays, summer holidays and what the flipping heck are you going to between October and February? Football is a winter sport.
    Summer holidays are no different to winter holidays. Plenty of people go away over Christmas, NY and January.

Football isn’t a winter sport, it’s just a sport which happens to be played in winter for some reason. It’s an outdoor sport, played on grass pitches. Why we need to call it a day just when when the weather starts getting nice, I don’t get.

29. Default

The best outcome, purely from a footballing point of view, is for the season to finish before contracts run out. For obvious reasons that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Personally I think the season will eventually end up voided due to the issue of contracts ending at the end of June preventing the season from ending fairly.

It's possible they'll decide that finishing the season later is preferable to voiding it, whenever that happens to be, but imagine one of the teams in the relegation mix goes out and buys a load of players and escapes.
    If you prevent any players signing until the season finishes, you still can't force players to carry on that are out of contract, or finishing loans, which also distorts the finish.

Purely from a competition point of view, the only option I can see to finish fairly is to cancel it, otherwise you have to change the rules and/or players that teams started the season with outside of what was agreed at the start.
    As far as I can see, it's only the money in the game posing an existential threat to leagues and clubs, that's pushing people towards wanting to compromise on the sporting integrity. To be able to finish the season and apply qualification and promotion/relegation etc.

All of this is completely separate from next season, which we can go into with full knowledge of the existence of COVID-19 and adjust the rules to be able to cope with possible delays etc.

Obviously Liverpool are the biggest losers in that scenario, and it's difficult to think of a team that would have been treated more harshly than them missing out like this, but literally every aspect of our life has been knocked sideways by a global pandemic, and there's no way to keep everyone happy with the outcome here.

Obviously it's not time to say that the season should be voided now, as long as there's still a small possibility the season can be ended fairly, but as time carries on I think it'll become more and more likely.

Starting to look more unlikely the Scottish League will finish, for what it's worth;
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092857

Summer holidays are no different to winter holidays. Plenty of people go away over Christmas, NY and January.

Football isn’t a winter sport, it’s just a sport which happens to be played in winter for some reason. It’s an outdoor sport, played on grass pitches. Why we need to call it a day just when when the weather starts getting nice, I don’t get.
    It’s because there are plenty of other things to do over the summer and sod all in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_D View Post
    The best outcome, purely from a footballing point of view, is for the season to finish before contracts run out. For obvious reasons that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Personally I think the season will eventually end up voided due to the issue of contracts ending at the end of June preventing the season from ending fairly.

It's possible they'll decide that finishing the season later is preferable to voiding it, whenever that happens to be, but imagine one of the teams in the relegation mix goes out and buys a load of players and escapes.
    If you prevent any players signing until the season finishes, you still can't force players to carry on that are out of contract, or finishing loans, which also distorts the finish.

Purely from a competition point of view, the only option I can see to finish fairly is to cancel it, otherwise you have to change the rules and/or players that teams started the season with outside of what was agreed at the start.
    As far as I can see, it's only the money in the game posing an existential threat to leagues and clubs, that's pushing people towards wanting to compromise on the sporting integrity. To be able to finish the season and apply qualification and promotion/relegation etc.

All of this is completely separate from next season, which we can go into with full knowledge of the existence of COVID-19 and adjust the rules to be able to cope with possible delays etc.

Obviously Liverpool are the biggest losers in that scenario, and it's difficult to think of a team that would have been treated more harshly than them missing out like this, but literally every aspect of our life has been knocked sideways by a global pandemic, and there's no way to keep everyone happy with the outcome here.

Obviously it's not time to say that the season should be voided now, as long as there's still a small possibility the season can be ended fairly, but as time carries on I think it'll become more and more likely.

Starting to look more unlikely the Scottish League will finish, for what it's worth;
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092857
    That’s a good point. The transfer window would be negated and lead to unfair teams.

32. Default Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Giving liverpool the title seems irrelevant. If it makes them happy do it, but it won't really be viewed as a proper title now and not what people remember about the season.
    Rubbish. There’s not one person in the country that doesn’t think Liverpool will win the title. If the season is voided it’ll be remembered as the season a freak event robbed them of the title. Only sad sacks and Man Utd fans will deny that. Not that Liverpool will particularly care. I don’t get the hatred for them over this, they’ve acted pretty classy, Klopp in particular. You can bet your bottom dollar that when it comes to clubs putting their self interest above all else and acting without class Liverpool will be way behind the West Ham’s and Newcastle’s of the world by the time this is all over.

Rubbish. There’s not one person in the country that doesn’t think Liverpool will win the title. If the season is voided it’ll be remembered as the season a freak event robbed them of the title. Only sad sacks and Man Utd fans will deny that. Not that Liverpool will particularly care. I don’t get the hatred for them over this, they’ve acted pretty classy, Klopp in particular. You can bet your bottom dollar that when it comes to clubs putting their self interest above all else and acting without class Liverpool will be way behind the West Ham’s and Newcastle’s of the world by the time this is all over.

Let’s see how classy they act if/when it’s decided that games cannot go ahead due to security concerns and the league is voided.

Let’s see how classy they (the fans) act when they finally win the league behind closed doors and completely ignore lockdown for street celebrations etc.

They’ve acted ‘classy’ as currently, it’s looking likely that the season will be played out. Which from a security point of view is ridiculous.

19/20 season will always be remembered as the season that was postponed / void due to the Coronavirus. Whatever happens now Liverpool winning the league will just slip into irrelevance and the fact their fans won’t be there to see it is just fantastic. Probably better than the season being voided all together to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Let’s see how classy they act if/when it’s decided that games cannot go ahead due to security concerns and the league is voided.

Let’s see how classy they (the fans) act when they finally win the league behind closed doors and completely ignore lockdown for street celebrations etc.

They’ve acted ‘classy’ as currently, it’s looking likely that the season will be played out. Which from a security point of view is ridiculous.
    Probably act about as 'Classy' as we would act if we were denied the title. Obviously i'm entering a world of science fiction here.

Personally I think they should both ‘take it on the chin’ and distribute to EFL to keep teams in league 1 / 2, who are really going to feel the brunt of this, going.

Quote Originally Posted by wadesmith View Post
    Probably act about as 'Classy' as we would act if we were denied the title. Obviously i'm entering a world of science fiction here.
    I agree. Just pointing out it’s easy to ‘act classy’ when it’s looking like things are very much in your favour.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    I agree. Just pointing out it’s easy to ‘act classy’ when it’s looking like things are very much in your favour.
    I wouldn't necessarily say 'Everythings in their favour' I mean they've only dropped 4 points in 27 games. So they've pretty much earnt the right to feel pretty happy about themselves. And then a worldwide pandemic calls a halt to proceedings. No offence but i know some Saints fans that are still bleating on about that Watford goal that was punched into the net.

I think by June this whole virus thing should have calmed down enough to safely allow 22 men to kick a ball around a field for 90 mins. Especially if they have all been tested before hand.

If all the games are behind closed doors they can be scheduled at short notice for Tv and have live games seven days a week.

40. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    I think by June this whole virus thing should have calmed down enough to safely allow 22 men to kick a ball around a field for 90 mins. Especially if they have all been tested before hand.

If all the games are behind closed doors they can be scheduled at short notice for Tv and have live games seven days a week.
    It's not the footballers that will be the problem, it'll be the response of the public that'll be the concern.

Can you really see Liverpool fans sitting at home and staying isolated when they win their first title for three decades?

In Italy they're literally taking ventilators away from older patients to save younger ones that are more likely to survive. It's a horrible, horrible situation, from people's absolute worst nightmares, made real, and the only reason it's happening is because it's the least horrible option. People are dying not because of the tragedy of not being able to overcome the virus, but because there's no treatment available because too many people are sick.

Here we might just about have done enough to avoid that. Maybe. And it'll all have been for nothing if we let up too soon and end up with a second peak that pushes us above capacity to treat it.

This goes so far beyond football... it's not something we can treat lightly in any way, shape or form.

It's not the footballers that will be the problem, it'll be the response of the public that'll be the concern.

Can you really see Liverpool fans sitting at home and staying isolated when they win their first title for three decades?

In Italy they're literally taking ventilators away from older patients to save younger ones that are more likely to survive. It's a horrible, horrible situation, from people's absolute worst nightmares, made real, and the only reason it's happening is because it's the least horrible option. People are dying not because of the tragedy of not being able to overcome the virus, but because there's no treatment available because too many people are sick.

Here we might just about have done enough to avoid that. Maybe. And it'll all have been for nothing if we let up too soon and end up with a second peak that pushes us above capacity to treat it.

This goes so far beyond football... it's not something we can treat lightly in any way, shape or form.
    I think it will be alright, we are already seeing a decline in deaths per day and June is over two months away.

Staying at home self isolating will be a lot more bearable with copious amounts of live footie on the TV - should help reduce the amount of idiots ignoring the lock down.

And the press will love it and laud all those amazing fans of this special club who RISKED DEATH so they could share this great moment in football history

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    And the press will love it and laud all those amazing fans of this special club who RISKED DEATH so they could share this great moment in football history
    To be fair, the messaging from the press has been consistent on how important the measures put in place are.

44. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post

Exactly. I'd be amazed if this doesn't happen. And they'll be testing kits around soon enough even for training to restart in and around late May.

They will play some football and the nation will be pleased.

45. Default

But their response on having that taken away from them will be collective, disinterested shrug? After twelve weeks of enforced lockdown? Are you sure?

To be fair, the messaging from the press has been consistent on how important the measures put in place are.
    And it's always consistent about Liverpool too, it's never their fault

47. Default

But their response on having that taken away from them will be collective, disinterested shrug? After twelve weeks of enforced lockdown? Are you sure?
    You don't have to actually officially void the league to avoid restarting it too soon.

Whichever actions prevent crowds forming are the correct ones at the moment, and will continue to be for the foreseeable.

48. Default

You don't have to actually officially void the league to avoid restarting it too soon.

Whichever actions prevent crowds forming are the correct ones at the moment, and will continue to be for the foreseeable.
    I thought we were talking about restarting it in June, 2-3 months away, and behind closed doors.

If all concerned agree that would be safe and sensible, would you support that action? Because I bet West Quay is open by then.

I thought we were talking about restarting it in June, 2-3 months away, and behind closed doors.

If all concerned agree that would be safe and sensible, would you support that action? Because I bet West Quay is open by then.
    I don’t like the idea of any games being played behind closed doors. For me it just further cements that clubs don’t really care about fans and only really care about ££ (it would be the first step to PL games being played in the middle
    East and USA).

Although, arguably, it also demonstrates that the clubs don’t need revenue from fans and should therefore lower the cost of a match day ticket.

50. Default

If it's safe, sure, but that's very unlikely.

Government estimates (assuming a fair few unknowns) put us at about three to six months before we might be back to normal, which would be the end of June at the earliest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52084517

I guess football could be one of the earlier things to come back, but like I said, preventing crowds forming is going to be paramount for a long time.