Welcome to Saints Mauricio Pochettino

Spudders

Ok I’m as disappointed as everyone else about the loss of Nige, BUT I was disappointed when pards went and that change was for the better. We have to trust Cortese and his vision, he’s not let us down so far, so whilst we wish Nigel all the best, we need to get behind the new manager, a young man with a similar vision.

Similar to you, as angry as I am from Nigels point of view I can sort of understand why Cortese has made this decision (even if I don't agree with it).

Obviously I hope Pochettino is a huge success for us. If it works out half as well as the last "disgusting, ridiculous" managerial change then we'll be f*cking flying.

It's not the new managers fault, sadly we have to keep positivity for the players.

It's the chairmans fault and unlike Chelsea fans we shouldn't be scared to express our disgust at him.

Not getting behind the team will help no one though.

Just a quick thing on Pochettino.

Plays VERY similar football to Bielsa at Bilboa and was sacked as he had to sell his best players at Espanyol. The guy is actually not too shabby. Just to let people know.

Still livid at the timing of all this.

So am I but perhaps there are things we don't know and can't possibly ever know. We seem to have had difficulty recruiting a certain type of player of late and the situation with Gaston might displease more than one. Should have happened a while back when he pig-headedly insisted on Davis and Gazza over Boruc.

Get him out. 90 minutes of pro Adkins chants and volleys of abuse towards this guy.

In what way is this going to help? I am as gutted and shocked as everybody else (as I was when Pardew went) but I really can`t see it having any poitive effect. These things happen in football and it MAY just be that NC has done the right thing. Only time will tell but to condemn MP out of hand, even though most of us hadn`t heard of him is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction.

It´s not this guys fault that he has been offered a job at a great club.

I love Nigel as much as anyone here, but we can´t blaim Pocchetino for this.

Don´t let us turn into a plastic Chelsea kind of club.

Yes, chant One Nigel Adkins if you want but dont ever boo at this guy.

I´m sad and astonished today for Nigel, he only deserves the best.

But having that said, I think Pocchetino is a great manager and can be very successful given time and perhaps his name makes it easier to attract the kind of players we´ve been looking for....?

But I think the timing of this could have been so much better....

spannish journos say English football has got a brilliant coach and was voted best coach in La Liga 2 years ago

recent form of espanyol was due to severe money crsis

In Cortese's eyes, it's not a million miles away from replacing Richardson with Clyne, or bringing in Ramirez to start ahead of De Ridder or Guly... he's trying to improve the club. None of us agree it was necessary because we all loved Nigel, but only time will tell if it works out or not.

It´s not this guys fault that he has been offered a job at a great club.

I love Nigel as much as anyone here, but we can´t blaim Pocchetino for this.

Don´t let us turn into a plastic Chelsea kind of club.

Yes, chant One Nigel Adkins if you want but dont ever boo at this guy.

I´m sad and astonished today for Nigel, he only deserves the best.

But having that said, I think Pocchetino is a great manager and can be very successful given time and perhaps his name makes it easier to attract the kind of players we´ve been looking for....?

But I think the timing of this could have been so much better....

Can agree with this and only hope that it proves a similar step forward as Pardew to Adkins. We must back the new man.

But massive thanks to NA. Still think he could have taken us places.

So am I but perhaps there are things we don't know and can't possibly ever know. We seem to have had difficulty recruiting a certain type of player of late and the situation with Gaston might displease more than one. Should have happened a while back when he pig-headedly insisted on Davis and Gazza over Boruc.

From what I was told the decision to get a new manager was decided mid October, of course I shared this on here and got ripped to pieces. This is not a knee jerk appointment, this has been in the offing for a long time.

get lost..not wanted..

he wont be here by xmas

Exactly this. Saints fans crack me up creaming themselves about going onto the next level and all that bo**cks. Adkins suited us down to the ground, can't put a price on the value of a club being united behind it's manager.