Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You sad *ucker, you're listening to Radio Solent.

So am I!

Nah, I give Solent the swerve.

Tell you what Sue; I'm not sure if you play football or not (you probably don't, I reckon), but if you did you could probably get into that Pompey team.

Easter could be better than Xmas this year :D

Northampton v Portsmouth 3pm Monday April 21st

Away at bury the week after and then Plymouth come to **** park on the last day of the season, hopefully needing something, to ensure the skates go out of the league.

Tell you what Sue; I'm not sure if you play football or not (you probably don't, I reckon), but if you did you could probably get into that Pompey team.

Cheeky b****r!:-) I do, I do, although I make no claims as to being any good, and I'm old enough to be most of the team's grandmother. I haven't got the lungs anymore, and I never had the control, but we've a forward who certainly would be skilful enough, if only she were a little taller.

Alton Leisure Centre tomorrow if you want to check. ;-)

Back in August they must have dreamed that their star striker would score a late winner on a Friday night in March and keep his team in the play-offs.

Makes you wonder why the Trust is paying him to play for Oxford.

I understand that the Southampton board briefed Agent Connolly regarding their strategy for completing the skates' demise in detail before 'letting him go' as he went deep under cover with #tinpotlessportsmouth

What an absolutely appalling piece of propaganda masquerading as journalism, again.

When referring to negative posts, the online fans are "a small percentage of Pompey's overall support", but when it comes to positive posts "a large, large number of the online following still offer a very loyal backing".

What is a large, large number, I wonder?

Particularly where the author, by his own admission in the article, didn't bother to actually read the comments.

One could be forgiven for thinking that the journalist who wrote it was deliberately writing crap articles in protest at receiving crap orders from his boss, who wanted to hide from the inevitable criticism.

To be fair, Jordan stated that the number of online posters is a small percentage of skate fans :

There’s little doubt, however, the current online community represent a growing, but still small, percentage of Pompey’s overall support.

Therefore, the 'large, large number' is technically a large number of a small percentage! Which probably puts that large, large number of happy posters at around 2-3% of all skate fans ;)

Next 2 games for both teams

Rochdale (1st) v Pompey (22nd)

Northampton (23rd) v Wimbledon (15th)

Newport (12th) v Pompey (22nd)

Northampton (23rd) v Bury (19th)

Two very winnable home games against lower half teams for the Cobblers. Two tough away games for the skates, the table toppers and Newport who stuffed them 3-0 in the JPT earlier in the season. This time next Saturday night they could be in the drop zone and 3 points adrift.

This time next Saturday night they could be in the drop zone and 3 points adrift.

I reckon they maybe in drop on Tuesday. Rochdale are carving up that league so win by 3 goals very possible and Northampton do Wimbledon. They were 7/1 to be relegated this week. Still too good to be try and can't see them going.

Next 2 games for both teams

Rochdale (1st) v Pompey (22nd)

Northampton (23rd) v Wimbledon (15th)

Newport (12th) v Pompey (22nd)

Northampton (23rd) v Bury (19th)

Two very winnable home games against lower half teams for the Cobblers. Two tough away games for the skates, the table toppers and Newport who stuffed them 3-0 in the JPT earlier in the season. This time next Saturday night they could be in the drop zone and 3 points adrift.

Please God.

I'd be ****ting myself if I was them. 8 games left, 5 away only 3 at home. It's quite a tight league and nearly everyone is playing for something at the moment, although that might not be the case as the season draws to a close. They have to go to Rochdale who are going for the league, they have a couple of tough away games away against relegation rivals Northampton and Bury and Bristol Rovers at home. The other games are against play-off hopefuls with the exception of Newport. The teams they have to play are 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 9th, 10th, 13th 18th and 22nd in the form table, so just about skewed to teams that are playing well. The big issue is that they are playing so badly, the fans want the manager out and they cant' score goals.

For those that got good odds on them going down, I would't be cashing out just yet!

I think if they go down I would finally be happy that they have got what they deserve. Bragging rights for a generation or more and potentially, my kids wont know Pompey as a rival, which in all truth would be a shame. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy laughing at them in the conference, perhaps it would be better if they stayed up on the last day of the season?

I'd be ****ting myself if I was them. 8 games left, 5 away only 3 at home. It's quite a tight league and nearly everyone is playing for something at the moment, although that might not be the case as the season draws to a close. They have to go to Rochdale who are going for the league, they have a couple of tough away games away against relegation rivals Northampton and Bury and Bristol Rovers at home. The other games are against play-off hopefuls with the exception of Newport. The teams they have to play are 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 9th, 10th, 13th 18th and 22nd in the form table, so just about skewed to teams that are playing well. The big issue is that they are playing so badly, the fans want the manager out and they cant' score goals.

For those that got good odds on them going down, I would't be cashing out just yet!

I think if they go down I would finally be happy that they have got what they deserve. Bragging rights for a generation or more and potentially, my kids wont know Pompey as a rival, which in all truth would be a shame. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy laughing at them in the conference, perhaps it would be better if they stayed up on the last day of the season?

I just can't seem to make up my mind whether it would be funnier to see them extinguished or non-league.

Decisions, decisions :lol:

I just can't seem to make up my mind whether it would be funnier to see them extinguished or non-league.

Decisions, decisions :lol:

Preferably relegation to the Conference and another administration - the Conference don't fanny around with clubs in administration, just ask Salisbury.

A selection of threads from the Portsmouth message boards.

"Sack the useless c*nt or conference here we come".

The board need to grow a pair of ****** now - BARKER OUT".

"No need to shut the door behind you barker you useless *****."

"Barker out Awford in".

"Barker do the honourable thing - resign you useless XXXX".

"**** off Barker".

"Barker out".

"We won't score another home goal this season".

:lol::lol::lol:

And I thought it was only supposed to be us Scummahs that got on the team and the manager's backs? A quote from POL to finish with:

"A large section of the South Stand were singing "sacked in the morning" today. Loudest I've heard that stand all season."

Guess not.

Edited by The Kraken

"Barker out Awford in".

"**** off Barker".

"Barker out".

And I thought it was only supposed to be us Scummahs that got on the team and the manager's backs? A quote from POL to finish with:

"A large section of the South Stand were singing "sacked in the morning" today. Loudest I've heard that stand all season."

Guess not.

I've also read numerous comments from #PortsmouthNil fans on the snooze website saying about how they somehow 'deserve better' than Barker.

Au contraire, they are in fact getting their just desserts and their current manager is an exact fit for them & their fishy aspirations :nod:

"Barker out Awford in".

"**** off Barker".

"Barker out".

Guess not.

That would take this thread to a whole new level of comedy, (if that's even possible)