Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I don't see any reason for the few to panic, they've just been to one of the bigger clubs in the division and they did put up a plucky fight.

Their time will come, they'll get a glorious giantkilling three points at somewhere like Morecambe or Shrewsbury, and then we'll look silly for mocking how smalltime they've become.

Even for the skates, calling for the manager's head in early September is deluded. Especially so after a near-record unbeaten run until two games ago and having lost to the early leaders who were in the play off final in May.

'Awfs' will need a rhino's hide to cope with the flak he's going to get from the bestest once they realise that surviving in L2 is his first and only priority :)

Even for the skates, calling for the manager's head in early September is deluded. Especially so after a near-record unbeaten run until two games ago and having lost to the early leaders who were in the play off final in May.

It ill behoves me to say this but sadly we have a number of arseholes on our main board who do exactly the same thing ! Lose a couple of games and the vitriol doesn't take long to get into full swing ! There are also many who say 'would of ', 'could of ' and 'should of ' especially when we 'loose' :mcinnes:

It ill behoves me to say this but sadly we have a number of arseholes on our main board who do exactly the same thing ! Lose a couple of games and the vitriol doesn't take long to get into full swing ! There are also many who say 'would of ', 'could of ' and 'should of ' especially when we 'loose' :mcinnes:

Do we? Other than alpine there is hardly anyone else.

It was only when the only Burton fan I know said this morning that they'd beaten the skates that I even knew that they'd played. They've fallen so far they've becoming utterly unimportant to me.

I agree with this.

I used to really hope'd they lose. Now I do not care

The only thing I wish for is for us to draw them in the cup. very soon

It was only when the only Burton fan I know said this morning that they'd beaten the skates that I even knew that they'd played. They've fallen so far they've becoming utterly unimportant to me.

I agree with this.

I used to really hope'd they lose. Now I do not care

The only thing I wish for is for us to draw them in the cup. very soon

I still think 'non - league Portsmouth' has a nice ring to it

So a £500,000 payout as part of the Johnson transfer because Liverpool finished second:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/johnson-windfall-to-benefit-pompey-creditors-1-6286300

The money grubbing begging bastards tried to claim the money was theirs, but it isn't.

Once that sale has been completed, it is estimated an extra 0.5p in the pound would be handed to CVA members in the future, bringing total distributions to 4.35p in the pound.That is a significant rise on the 2p in the pound anticipated in original CVA proposals.

The report also details how CVA creditors received a first dividend of 2.34p in the pound on August 13, 2013. A second dividend of 1.51p in the pound was paid on March 3, 2014.

To date, the aggregate dividend is 3.85p in the pound – equating to a total pay out of £1,274,256.29.

We've much maligned them, they're actually doubling what they've paid the creditors, they need some praise for that.......nah **** it..

So a £500,000 payout as part of the Johnson transfer because Liverpool finished second:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/johnson-windfall-to-benefit-pompey-creditors-1-6286300

The money grubbing begging bastards tried to claim the money was theirs, but it isn't.

Is that an arbitrary ruling or an ARBITRATION ruling? Makes one hell of a difference.

Bloody journos.

That's not fair, it was pompey who sold him and a contract is a contract - they deserve the cash to pay dividends to their many shareholders.

It's as if the authorities have got it in for them, making them pay off a tiny percentage of debt from one of their many administrations, instead of letting them splash out on Lidl bubbly. :x

It's a blow, half a million quid goes a long way in League Two, even though they are debt-free.

Never mind.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/queens-park-rangers-football-league-ffp?CMP=twt_gu

QPR ''could be relegated'' due to breaching financial fair play rules.

Purely a coincidence that both clubs had the same manager of course.

From the sound of that they would simply be refused re-admittance to the football league should they go down unless they pay a fine for breaching FFP during their promotion season. No question being kicked out of the Premier League.

Pompey have effectively reformed during two periods in administration since the Johnson deal was brokered with Portsmouth City Football Club.

It has since switched to Portsmouth Football Club (2010), Portsmouth Football Club (2012) and is currently Portsmouth Community Football Club.

That prompted BDO – formerly PKF – to lay claim to the total as the most recent administrator.

In turn, the club launched a technical argument in a bid to obtain a share.

That issue was settled last week when an arbitrator ruled in favour of BDO.

While awaiting an outcome, the Football League have held the monies – now BDO will distribute it.

However, as Pompey bear the sole responsibility to pay football creditors, no former players still owed money will receive a cut.

According to the July 2014 BDO progress report lodged with Companies House, the administrators are also awaiting the outcome of the sale of land in Bedhampton.

This is believed to be a club-owned strip between two farms.

Once that sale has been completed, it is estimated an extra 0.5p in the pound would be handed to CVA members in the future, bringing total distributions to 4.35p in the pound.

That is a significant rise on the 2p in the pound anticipated in original CVA proposals.

Two items of chortle there.....proof, if proof is needed, that they have no claim to their 'history', as they are not the same club, FACT! They also banged on about this land they owed...Ooops!

Two items of chortle there.....proof, if proof is needed, that they have no claim to their 'history', as they are not the same club, FACT! They also banged on about this land they owed...Ooops!

Portsmouth, the ship of Theseus : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

I prefer to think of them as Trigger's broom...

Gingeletiss is right to be amused, the current business has no legal claim prior to 2013.

The trust claimed connections to previous businesses, legally challenged, and lost.

It's now official, their glorious history goes all the way back to spring last year.

So they are doing pretty well for newbie minnows thrown in the with the big boys like Fleetwood and Morecambe.

Gingeletiss is right to be amused, the current business has no legal claim prior to 2013.

The trust claimed connections to previous businesses, legally challenged, and lost.

It's now official, their glorious history goes all the way back to spring last year.

So they are doing pretty well for newbie minnows thrown in the with the big boys like Fleetwood and Morecambe.

They still are PFC , the only way to them to really lose their history is for them to lose Fratton Park, that is the heart of the club not a trophy here and there

PFC, the gift that keeps on giving :D