Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I met Ken a few years ago when the Portsmouth/Saints `bubble' was being first introduced. Ken played an active role in the football supporters federation and he visited my home to deliver leaflets about the bubble for me to hand out to Saints fans travelling to the game. We had a long chat about the game in general and the way fans are treated. We seemed to have very similar views on that subject. Like for myself, the bubble was quite inconvenient, as he lived in Devon, but more than that he felt it was very important that football fans were treated with respect and not seen to be criminals. I certainly can't claim to say that I know him, but just going on that single encounter I can say that he was understanding and more than happy to listen to the views of any football fans, even Saints supporters!

I know all the arguments on here about the skates ignoring the previous track record of its owners and doing little while the sun shined, but I have nothing but respect for the likes of Ken who worked tirelessly to save their football club. He didn't personally create the mess, but he did a bloody fine job in helping to clear it up afterwards. As someone that enjoys the rivalry and relishes the games between the two, I thank him for his efforts that will eventually see the two clubs meet again, whereupon we can hopefully absolutely stuff them. I suspect should that happen, Ken would very much see the bright side of things.

New bogs at Fratton Park! Although hot water will have to wait for the time being...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/fratton-park-revamp-revealed-1-6792979

'The toilets are being completely gutted, back to breeze block, with new toilets, new doors, suspended ceilings with lights and given the Pompey brand'

Surely toilet is the P*mpey brand!? :D

'The toilets are being completely gutted, back to breeze block, with new toilets, new doors, suspended ceilings with lights and given the Pompey brand'

Surely toilet is the P*mpey brand!? :D

but no hot water ....... ‘There are also secondary elements such as hot running water in the stadium. For that issue, the quotes coming in are so high there is a debate to be had.

Tin pot club beyond belief.

but no hot water ....... ‘There are also secondary elements such as hot running water in the stadium. For that issue, the quotes coming in are so high there is a debate to be had.

Tin pot club beyond belief.

Hahahahahahaha!

Surely it's a health and safety requirement to have hot running water if they're serving food in the stadium?

It will be a completely new system, from the point the electric supply enters the stadium to the point where the lights are shining.

They've latched onto someone's meter next door!

So the Tesco money that was going to extend the ground for all of those pack-the-park moments is actually being used to meet safety requirements by taking out seats, thus reducing capacity....

The plucky little minnow is getting a bit smaller.

But they still have running fat.

Perhaps this explains why Pompey's most (in) famous supporter Mr PFC Westwood is well known for exuding a rather nasty range of body odours.

The great unwashed don't really need to worry about the absence of hot water

Weren't some fans recently on about having a Minor shares issue, and collecting money towards a new North Stand?

If these shares are issued and connected solely for the purpose of building a new North stand, then the money collection could have a mushroom effect. The council might also help out like they did with the 1.45million for the club purchase.

I-4-1 would donate very quickly, as probably loads of others would. It didn't take long to collect 250k for the training pitches did it? - and that was just training pitches. This would be good old Fratton Park

Thats just freaking scary

I found this intriguing: "A number of seats in the North and South stands are being removed to help with supporter access and drive the club towards satisfying safety criteria."

Is this The News way of saying 'we know the place is falling down and is struggling to gain a safety certificate, but we can't say it as the truth would ruin our relationship with the club.'?

I found this intriguing: "A number of seats in the North and South stands are being removed to help with supporter access and drive the club towards satisfying safety criteria."

Is this The News way of saying 'we know the place is falling down and is struggling to gain a safety certificate, but we can't say it as the truth would ruin our relationship with the club.'?

It probably means "some fecker noticed we bolted seats across walkways all over the place when loads of people wanted to watch Premier League teams".

Does it also mean that they don't yet meet the safety criteria?

Yes. They have means of escape issues, so capacity is limited. It relates to some of their staircases, among other things, that don't comply, so it's not just a few plastic seats.

They appealed against the restriction last year, but were turned down. I'm not quite sure what kind of thought process motivates somebody to appeal for permission to ignore safety regulations for their paying customers. Or that they actually thought they could get a waiver. I suppose paying for ageing football journeymen is higher up their list of priorities.

Yes. They have means of escape issues, so capacity is limited. It relates to some of their staircases, among other things, that don't comply, so it's not just a few plastic seats.

They appealed against the restriction last year, but were turned down. I'm not quite sure what kind of thought process motivates somebody to appeal for permission to ignore safety regulations for their paying customers. Or that they actually thought they could get a waiver. I suppose paying for ageing football journeymen is higher up their list of priorities.

They really are taking the p!ss aren't they.

They should have a transfer embargo until all safety issues for the paying fans have been dealt with.

They appealed against the restriction last year, but were turned down. I'm not quite sure what kind of thought process motivates somebody to appeal for permission to ignore safety regulations for their paying customers.

It's about time the owners considered the fans...

Who cares - when championship standard floodlights are on the way!

I am intrigued by this issue, does it mean :

Premier League lights - bright !

Championship - fairly bright !

League 1 - dim !

League 2 - nearly dark !

Just asking :)

I am intrigued by this issue, does it mean :

Premier League lights - bright !

Championship - fairly bright !

League 1 - dim !

League 2 - nearly dark !

Just asking :)

Actually, yes. The levels of luminescence required reduces as you go down the leagues, partially due to tv requirements. Which does make you wonder what ELSE they were getting away with in the Prem.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/mark-catlin-delight-at-pompey-season-ticket-tally-1-6793935

Strangely looks short of actual numbers though.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

This article is hoodwinking at it's very best! No actual numbers but says they are on par with this time last year. This time last year they could have sold 3000 season tickets so being on a par would mean they are still around 8000 short of last year. What a transparent business operation!

In fact following installation of Championship lights the FA should do the right thing and promote them up two leagues before the season starts.

Course they should but you know how the FA hate them. They give them refs who get intimidated by the Nottarf atmosphere and do not disallow all opposition goals. If there was ever a club ill treated by the FA it is Pompey.

Big day for the skates today, league cup 1st round draw and as a league 2 minnow this could be their one chance this season of playing one of the big boys from the Championship like Brentford.

Unfortunately as we don't enter until the 3rd round the chances of getting to play them are very slim!

Big day for the skates today, league cup 1st round draw and as a league 2 minnow this could be their one chance this season of playing one of the big boys from the Championship like Brentford.

Unfortunately as we don't enter until the 3rd round the chances of getting to play them are very slim!

Read that post and soak it all in.

'and i think to myself...what a wonderful world'