Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Question. Is standing with your arms outstretched whilst standing several blocks away from your opponent the modern day equivalent of looking hard?

Yes it is. Every afternoon at 4pm I walk up the hill to the hedge near where I live. This hedge marks the border between Somerset and Devon. I stand there for 10 minutes, arms outstretched, calling the Devonians out.

Last week, whilst walking back down from the hedge (as usual, no takers), a badger looked up at me and said, 'F*ck me mate, you didn't half look hard when you did that'.

Question. Is standing with your arms outstretched whilst standing several blocks away from your opponent the modern day equivalent of looking hard?

This sort of chavish behaviour does make me laugh. Even Silver back gorillas put themselves into a ball, huddled up when their frightened or about to kick off (the only way after all from that is out)...I'm pretty sure the only animal on this planet who, whilst trying to show aggression, displays all their lovely and oh so precious organs as if to say "please, no please, go ahead, disembowel me!".

Morons.

This sort of chavish behaviour does make me laugh. Even Silver back gorillas put themselves into a ball, huddled up when their frightened or about to kick off (the only way after all from that is out)...I'm pretty sure the only animal on this planet who, whilst trying to show aggression, displays all their lovely and oh so precious organs as if to say "please, no please, go ahead, disembowel me!".

Morons.

Isnt it about making yourself look bigger and more intimidating? Sort of like cats.

Isnt it about making yourself look bigger and more intimidating? Sort of like cats.

Yes, you're right. There's a cat comes into my garden most days. If we encounter each other, he stands on his hind legs, spreads his arms/front legs and calls me out.

He's bigger than me so I tend to defer.

The problem I have with that rationale is that, yes, some cats might do that. But remember, cats do generally have speed and superb acrobatic skills (something most drunk chavs don't) on their side.

It's kinda cliche I suppose but I just think that the hard people (you know, the really hard ones) don't generally walk around like that...most don't get into fights or gesticulate like that at all.....but you wouldn't mess with them.

They didn't really do anything though and we would probably get into trouble as well because of the handful of lads who also jumped the segregation to face off with that rogue skate

No Saints fan "jumped the segregation", as can clearly be seen in the couple of videos doing the rounds. There was one Skate clambering across the partition and one who went on the pitch a few minutes after the match.

was it worth being banned? I suspect the saints fan taken away will be banned from St. Marys the Pompey fan it wont matter. it does seem odd that the Police only went to the saints fan, probably too frightened to go for the Skate he was obviously super hard

Under the law, spitting at someone is attempted ABH...if it lands, well, it is Assault.

Think about that if you ever spit on the street.

Oh god, I've left myself open to all sorts of problems.

As time goes on and age changes things you have to be prepared to 'gob up it' occasionally. If this counts as ABH I'll end up in jail and on a register

Oh god, I've left myself open to all sorts of problems.

As time goes on and age changes things you have to be prepared to 'gob up it' occasionally. If this counts as ABH I'll end up in jail and on a register

The only reason I know this is because I'm friends with a reasonably attractive (but incredibly vicious and really enjoys violence ....when sparring) female solicitor who knows most of the tricks in the book when it comes to injuring someone and walking away with it....conversely, she also knows all the little bits and pieces you can be picked up for.

She's still hot though.:toppa:

No Saints fan "jumped the segregation", as can clearly be seen in the couple of videos doing the rounds. There was one Skate clambering across the partition and one who went on the pitch a few minutes after the match.

They clearly did as there's a fence in the corner between the Itchen and Northam that is obviously there as segregation. If there was a probe (into the non existent fighting) we'd be in as much trouble as them

Enough time has passed for the true story to be writ large in the book of myths.

Plucky young blues edged out in seven goal thriller!

A Saints youth squad crammed with first team experience was given a football lesson this week in front of a silent home crowd, and were fortunate not to be facing a daunting replay and certain defeat in the packed cauldron of passion that is fortress fatpipes.

Despite a numerical advantage due to visiting players caught in the travel chaos caused by the size of the blue following, the pompey academy team shocked their south coast rivals and were only denied a deserved victory by poor refereeing and misfortune.

While pompey's squad was selected from pure-blooded Portsea boys, the home side's teamsheet was littered with dirty foreigners and at least four of their goals had a hint of offside about them, while another two should have been ruled as freekicks to the away side.

In theory that means that one goal separated the two sides after an end-to-end battle that left the stunned and meagre home support reeling, but the battle was crucially decided by a moment of hesitation from an official.

With nine-man pompey dominating the game after twenty minutes and pushing for a breathrough, a desperate Saints clearance released the pressure and bounced awkwardly in the pompey half before somehow finding it's way into the net.

Despite protests, the 'goal' was allowed to stand.

Rather than buckle under the weight of this blatant injustice, the setback just served to compound the resilience shown by Awford's young community-owned charges, and the rest of the game was one way traffic.

Though the result could be viewed by some as a minor setback, the pitiful home crowd that had been outsung for ninety minutes by the massed blue army that filled three sides of the council-owned stadium applauded the efforts of the pompey academy, before booing their own side.

The boos turned to violence as a group of strike-breaking Southampton dockers broke away from their picket-crossing antics to attack a frail disabled old lady in the away section.

Fortunately the groups' assault was driven back by two plucky children, armed only with their pride.

But on the pitch it had been an astonishing night for the young blues who may well have been robbed of actual victory in a football sense, but were clearly the real winners on a night when the result didn't matter.

Enough time has passed for the true story to be writ large in the book of myths.

Plucky young blues edged out in seven goal thriller!

A Saints youth squad crammed with first team experience was given a football lesson this week in front of a silent home crowd, and were fortunate not to be facing a daunting replay and certain defeat in the packed cauldron of passion that is fortress fatpipes.

Despite a numerical advantage due to visiting players caught in the travel chaos caused by the size of the blue following, the pompey academy team shocked their south coast rivals and were only denied a deserved victory by poor refereeing and misfortune.

While pompey's squad was selected from pure-blooded Portsea boys, the home side's teamsheet was littered with dirty foreigners and at least four of their goals had a hint of offside about them, while another two should have been ruled as freekicks to the away side.

In theory that means that one goal separated the two sides after an end-to-end battle that left the stunned and meagre home support reeling, but the battle was crucially decided by a moment of hesitation from an official.

With nine-man pompey dominating the game after twenty minutes and pushing for a breathrough, a desperate Saints clearance released the pressure and bounced awkwardly in the pompey half before somehow finding it's way into the net.

Despite protests, the 'goal' was allowed to stand.

Rather than buckle under the weight of this blatant injustice, the setback just served to compound the resilience shown by Awford's young community-owned charges, and the rest of the game was one way traffic.

Though the result could be viewed by some as a minor setback, the pitiful home crowd that had been outsung for ninety minutes by the massed blue army that filled three sides of the council-owned stadium applauded the efforts of the pompey academy, before booing their own side.

The boos turned to violence as a group of strike-breaking Southampton dockers broke away from their picket-crossing antics to attack a frail disabled old lady in the away section.

Fortunately the groups' assault was driven back by two plucky children, armed only with their pride.

But on the pitch it had been an astonishing night for the young blues who may well have been robbed of actual victory in a football sense, but were clearly the real winners on a night when the result didn't matter.

Pure class and totally the truff

The only reason I know this is because I'm friends with a reasonably attractive (but incredibly vicious and really enjoys violence ....when sparring) female solicitor who knows most of the tricks in the book when it comes to injuring someone and walking away with it....conversely, she also knows all the little bits and pieces you can be picked up for.

She's still hot though.:toppa:

There is a rule, you know. The most basic of all rules.....

They clearly did as there's a fence in the corner between the Itchen and Northam that is obviously there as segregation. If there was a probe (into the non existent fighting) we'd be in as much trouble as them

There wasn't an away end in the Northam because the away fans were in Block 31 (still don't understand that) so the bit the Saints "fans" were in was part of the Saints section. The only person who crossed a boundary between the groups of fans was the Skate.

Didn't they have this in-no-way-at-all embarrassing, small-time Santa Saturday last year? Or maybe it just seems so them I imagined it. Anyway, it's completely sh|t.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/win-tickets-to-pompey-s-santa-saturday-1-5742537

It's rubbish, and there are probably only about 10 blue and white santa suits in existence. I do look forward to seeing this on Saturday.

In a completely unforeseen turn of events, #factless has now been labeled a scummier by the loyal port sea natives. Unless this is one of us on a wind up.

Screenshot%202013-12-12%2020.58.57.png

Andy Awful must be a scummer too the, as he talks about the defeat to spurs, and even spoke to his team about it so that they didn't feel too bad about losing 7-0 !

I'm a little bit confused.

Who am I supposed to be now?

I thought I only existed on this forum but I seem to have spilled out into the real world.

Please put me back in the thread, I was happy there, it's my safe place. :scared:

Anybody who writes as well as you do sir, can exist wherever he wants.

Went to footie training tonight and the boyfriend (not a Pompey fan) of one of the girls said he had a few mates who were arrested for fighting, (in the ground, he said). Drink was involved it seemed, as the guy was sick in jail, and then turned up and played footie for this guy's team the following day rather the worse for wear. Sounds a bit handbags to me..

Didn't they have this in-no-way-at-all embarrassing, small-time Santa Saturday last year? Or maybe it just seems so them I imagined it. Anyway, it's completely sh|t.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/win-tickets-to-pompey-s-santa-saturday-1-5742537

No, no it's not, in fact, "Fratton Park is set to be alive with excitement." It must be such a laugh watching Conference standard football in what's left of an unmaintained fire trap whilst wearing a blue santa suit. I wish our club had such amazing traditions.