Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Oh, and you'll note I didn't make any note about the fantastic atmosphere on Saturday against Newport. That's because I didn't hear anything from the home fans, not even the Chimes. Then again, I couldn't hear them at the bubble game in 2011/12 either, only that bloody drumming which they started on the pitch an hour before kick off which ruined any real atmosphere there was that day.

Thankfully, even Westwood's bell was practically inaudible from where I was on the weekend.

Oh, and you'll note I didn't make any note about the fantastic atmosphere on Saturday against Newport. That's because I didn't hear anything from the home fans, not even the Chimes. Then again, I couldn't hear them at the bubble game in 2011/12 either, only that bloody drumming which they started on the pitch an hour before kick off which ruined any real atmosphere there was that day.

Thankfully, even Westwood's bell was practically inaudible from where I was on the weekend.

Actually, there was a tremendous atmosphere from the drummer and surrounding fans the last time I was at Nottarf Krap. Doubt if you'd often see so many Fenerbahce fans together in one place, but I'm sure the Turkish ladies team appreciated it, even if they were dismantled by England 7-0 that evening. The drummer could actually play the thing, which no doubt made a pleasant change for the regulars..

What on earth has the groupie clapping away to the left of the picture got hanging from his waist?

Or does he have one ball WAY bigger than the other - suggesting that a trip to the doctor might be in order.

I wonder how many Pompey fans secretly hate having that lot being the face of their support. It really is cringeworthy. It is like a scene from Soweto, a hut in the township

I wonder how many Pompey fans secretly hate having that lot being the face of their support. It really is cringeworthy. It is like a scene from Soweto, a hut in the township

I think most of them hate him. They've had a recent dispute with the board about him having preferential treatment and they want him banned

I think most of them hate him. They've had a recent dispute with the board about him having preferential treatment and they want him banned

The thing is, and I despise the ugly-bell-ringing-worzel, if it wasn't for him their ground would be as dead and devoid of any atmosphere as it was before him and his girlfriends took their drums in to try and whip up a bit of fervour amongst the blue-few 'choir'. He is a **** tho.

So the financial goal posts are shifted again in a desperate attempt to steer Pompey away from non-league football.

Catlin's comments about there being budget to spare as Whittingham didn't use it all up are interesting as they contrast entirely with his comments after Whittingham was sacked when he stated that the board had increased Whittingham's budget several times at the manager's request and it hadn't paid off!

New faces, same old Pompey on so many levels.

Edited by TopGun

The portsea myth factory is open for business!

Roll up, roll up, get your dock strikes, SS tank commanders, and just in for Christmas, scummahs run on dirty cash from Colombian drug cartels, £100M in debt, the family desperately trying to launder money. :lol: :lol: :lol:

portsmythmatics.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=528547

This is interesting. A Saints account on SkatesOnline has set up a debate about McInnes and Cortese, it makes for some good reading.

This is hard to read. It's funny in a way but it makes me also sad for the unfortunate victims of Portsmouth's shallow gene pool.

Cortese isn't a proper chairman because our tickets cost more than theirs? Worth every penny, byitches. Talk about grasping at straws.

You read comments like this and despair.....

TheNorthStar Posted on 19/12/2013 12:15

mcinnes or Cortese

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

He also doesn't realise that the players are regarded as assets of the the company, so that minus 49 million includes the players value.

As a wise man said - Don't wrestle with a pig, you'll both get covered in ****e, but what is worse, he'll enjoy it!

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/barker-players-on-trial-1245691.aspx

“Some people impressed and some didn’t do themselves any favours. It’s a bit of a trial period and some need to recognise that it’s a fantastic opportunity to play here.

“We need to send the message out that if you want to stay at a fantastic football club then make sure you do the right things.

Edited by trousers

Look, I know they last won something without cheating financially back in the 1940's, but FFS since that time there have been a few fairly well publicised media articles relating to the Law of Contract and how it applies to Footballers.

Mind you I suppose since the 1940's they haven't really had any that played for their club so it is unstandable

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/steve-allen-reveals-his-pompey-assistant-boss-regret-1-5758881

‘I gave everything for this football club but in the end it started to affect my family and I didn’t want that.’

He added: ‘It is sad, there are good people working at Pompey, while I have never known supporters like it.

‘They are the best in the country and the way they get behind the team is second to none, although it upset me that day they turned on Guy.

It's an interesting article from Neil Allen in many ways. He gets a few comments from Steve Allen that go on about the fans being brilliant etc, no doubt leading questions from comical Neil, but does report the unhappiness of Steve Allen also which is the first we have heard of that from anyone involved.

Steve Allen obviously was prepared to stick by Whittingham but no more than that after the latest deckchair rearrangements and propaganda communiques.

Excuses at the ready....Barker: "Training has been tough, mainly if I'm honest due to the weather. We've not been on grass once yet so we've fortunately been able to get on astroturf. It's not the same but we still managed to get some work done."

[video=youtube_share;-wuCkxT5Ud0]

Excuses at the ready....Barker: "Training has been tough, mainly if I'm honest due to the weather. We've not been on grass once yet so we've fortunately been able to get on astroturf.[b/] It's not the same but we still managed to get some work done."

[video=youtube_share;-wuCkxT5Ud0]

Where did they manage to get on Astroturf? The Astroturf pitches around them would probably be owned by the Navy at HMS Temeraire, or local schools, all of whom would have wanted money for the hire of their pitch.

Hopefully all these providers of facilities are now wise enough of the necessity to ask for cash up front first.

As it is, they risk being cast into 'villian' status by merely having the front to ask the People's Club for money when they should be prepared to provide it all for nothing. In fact, they should pay the club for the honour of having them deign to train on their facilities.