Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

the reactions of some of their fans are amazing.

They ought to contemplate what has happened to Stockport County, who had a fine team in the second tier not much more than 10 years ago.

They are now at the bottom end of Conference North. Perhaps their problems are due to other teams having their cup final when they play County.

or perhaps is bloody awful management, poor decision makingand financial ineptitude that have come home to roost.

County's "natural level", if there is such a thing, is probably League 1.

But they have got a VERY long way to go to get back there, and before they do, they have to start doing some things right.

That must have been a good day out!

Did you visit the permanent exhibition Toilets from the Middle Ages or attend the living art installation Unpacked Park?

If I'd known you were going you could have picked me up a souvenir jar of tap fat, or some horse brass and heather from the club shop.

Thanks to the need to get drunk, I visited the facilities at least twice (and also bought a balti pie, sorry).

I've been before, so I knew not to bother even trying at half time, but the half time queue for the loos was half way along the stand. The food queue 2 minutes into the second half only had 3 people in it.

Lets put it this way, even when I went for a wee just before the goals, the fact there were 3 County fans snorting coke from a coffee stirrer (!) in there meant that I couldn't get to a urinal for 5 minutes.

I will assume the floors in there were painted red for a reason...

Not really. If you price it cheap enough you will get bums on seats. 6 games free with a season ticket wasn't it?

Looks great on the gate figures, not so great on the bank balance. And at the end of the day only one of those matters.

NINE games free with a season ticket, actually. Glad I took this picture on the wall of the Shepherd's Crook now.

1460144_10151794069521931_348294557_n.jpg

Oh, and we're not taking the PST or Allen's word for it re: the football creditors, those figures were widely circulated, the Mail has a load of it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415009/Portsmouth-owe-6-72million-players-including-David-James-Tal-Ben-Haim.html

"The club began repaying players in May of this year, with all 25 needing to be paid in full by July 2016 to meet the terms laid out in the latest administration."

PST Budget is here as a reminder (PDF!) https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=21&ved=0CDoQFjAAOBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pompeytrust.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_rokdownloads%26view%3Dfile%26task%3Ddownload%26id%3D177%3Apcfc-sep-13-pst-report-230913website&ei=LymvUobCBaiw7Aax0ICADw&usg=AFQjCNHtHX2BtDusNXdLeU1o2BL4rZMpaA&sig2=k7nuyDZNfcpqff0d1AMPCg&cad=rja

Balance Sheet 30 June 2013

Cash balance of £2.8 million has been enhanced by £1.4 million of Season ticket income in advance of season 2013-14.

Share Capital receipts as at 30 June 2013 were £3.9 million and the Loans received from Portsmouth City Council and South Point Finance formed the balance of the purchase funding for the club.

FA Premier League Parachute monies have been directly allocated to the settlement of ex-players under ‘Football Creditor ‘ rule which is subject to a complex legal instrument with ‘enhancement ‘ formulae to pay the players early in the event of ‘unbudgeted income’

Other Debtors include £691,618 due from Football League which were withheld during period of administration until final settlement has been made by the club to ex-directors and players.

The current forecast for year ended 30 June 2014 is £251,000 better than the original Budget submitted to Football League in March 2013. The key variances are as follows:

Match Income is below original budget by £31,000. Full analysis of sales provided on next page.

Academy Income was not included in the original budget

Players Payroll Costs -27% of Total Income (League 2 Salary cap -55% of Income)

Non Player Payroll adverse variance due to Team Management, Academy Management, Development Squad, Academy Squad, Full-time Staff, Casual Staff and Match Day Staff (stewards, turnstiles and C&B Staff)

Overheads and Direct Costs incorporated significant changes post administration including changes to planned Training Ground, Kiosk catering operated as a internally by the club after many years of out-sourcing and new Ticketing system implemented with material additional expense in year one.

I note above that their "variance" on player costs suggests they'll be using 27% of their total income (which includes the PPs) on players, didn't we get a figure for turnover nearer 35% recently?

Oh, and just a reminder re: "Cup Finals" - Newport won promotion from the Conference via a Wembley Play-Off last season, and played in the FA Trophy Final the season before. They don't need pretend L2 Cup Finals, they play in real ones.

As for TWO teams of dockers, no no, only one. The other team won the match comfortably.

"Key Income" from their 13/14 projections

KEY FINANCIALS:

Match Income 59% of Total Income

Commercial Income 25% of Total Income

Football League Income8% of Total Income

Academy Income8% of Total Income

Match Income is based on following :

•Actual Season Ticket Sales -10,650

•Forecast Attendance -14,600

•Current Average (3 games) -16,273

•Forecast £50,000 Income from League Cup, JPT, FA Cup (actual to date -£30,000)

Commercial Income is based on following :

•Hospitality Income -£315,000

•Kiosk Income -£250,000

•Sponsorship Income-£284,000

•Merchandising Income-£200,000

•Advertising Income-£220,000

I apologise again for contributing £20 for a match ticket and £8.50 for a hot choc, balti pie, programme and whatever food the missus had. Either way, I think they messed up and gave us too much change. :D

Frattonman on the News site :

9:36 AM on 16/12/2013

For a start l would send Potts back to West Ham he was terrible Saturday and caught out of position several times at least Painter has good positional sense and knows where to be for crosses coming in !

Is this not that lad who was the next coming of the messiah only 2 or 3 weeks ago ??

Even by Skatey standards that's a pretty quick fall from hero to villian, is it not ??

Disclaimer - If you have found any of Smirking_Saints posts in any way helpful, or even if you haven't please take the time to vote for him in this officially verified poll https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F9NDRBT

NB - Did you know a recent survey found all other nominees to be portsmouth fans

if only you had put this up earlier, I have already voted. Begging on your knees always works for me

It must be one of the key benefits to UK grass roots football, having one of the world's biggest and bestest clubs falling through the leagues: All other clubs in those leagues having to expand their grounds to accommodate the 15,000 away fans, a bit like AFC Wimbledon at Godalming or Fleet.

I hear Hampshire League Liss have taken on a commercial director to be ready for the massive influx, but I suppose that's another Storrie.

This is the reason this thread is still alive. This is the reason that pity hasn't replaced the anger. This never ending assertion that they are huge and the most passionest and bestest.

I genuinely can't remember us being like that in league 1, maybe I am deluding myself. At the time I remember thinking what a lot of thoroughly decent people the away fans were and how nice it was to have a natter to them before and after the game. No pretence no bulls hit, just decent honest footballing people. Most of my mates felt we left league one with a new found respect for the lower leagues and a tinge of sadness at leaving decent supporters for the plastic hoards. I know the football wasn't great at times.

I think it all comes down to respect , and the utter lack of it that the filthy skates show to anyone. Be it a fellow league 2 club and their fans, the rules in their own grounds, a local charity or a tax bill.

FF and I had a quick chat on Saturday and their attitude was one of the things we mentioned. It is up there, no I mean RIGHT up there as they show nobody, absolutely nobody any respect. I only went to a couple of away games while in the wilderness but they were local and there were thousands of us. did we walk in like we owned the town? No we bloody didn't! We took time to chat with the home fans, maybe have a beer. Those chats were sobering and my son and I certainly enjoyed real football at a real ground watched by real fans. So what do the skates do?..... Despite their protestations they are not respected and their reputation arrives, almost always, before they do. Bestest, loudest, most deserving bag of sheeite ever.

And the new book is brilliant FF!

This illusion that the players aren't used to playing in front of so called big crowds because the freeze - needs to be put to bed ; All of these players have played in front of decent 10,000 plus crowds at these various clubs

N'Gala - Plymouth

East - Northampton

Devera - Swindon

Barcham - S****horpe

Padvani - Monaco

Connolly - Saints

Craddock - Middlesbourgh

Painter - Birmingham City

Ferry - Swindon

Agyemang - QPR

Sullivan - Charlton

Racon - Marselle / Charlton

Carson - Bury

Moutaoukil - Charlton

It strikes me, especially when you look at that list provided by qwertySFC, that the skates only ever sign players with perceived pedigree. I assume this is to keep the faithful happy.

A lot of loanees have come in from big clubs - the perception is that these players would be good.

Connolly, Racon, Ferry, Agyemang among others had all played at a higher level just before signing for the skates - the perception is that these players would be good.

We know they don't do young players - they're never good enough because they don't have big league pedigree.

Ask yourself this... if in our situation, would they have tried to sign Rickie Lambert? I really doubt they would - the perception would have been his previous clubs were all crap and signing a player from Bristol Rovers would have been an embarrassment to their massive club.

This illusion that the players aren't used to playing in front of so called big crowds because the freeze - needs to be put to bed ; All of these players have played in front of decent 10,000 plus crowds at these various clubs

N'Gala - Plymouth

East - Northampton

Devera - Swindon

Barcham - S****horpe

Padvani - Monaco

Connolly - Saints

Craddock - Middlesbourgh

Painter - Birmingham City

Ferry - Swindon

Agyemang - QPR

Sullivan - Charlton

Racon - Marselle / Charlton

Carson - Bury

Moutaoukil - Charlton

Potts - West Ham

I think it's another self delusional myth that gets rolled out to appease the neanderthals - like they are led to believe that the majority of these players have been just dragged off from a local pub team playing in front of of 50 people - myth busted I think.

Carlsberg don't do self-parodies, but if they did....

Micah Hall@engagePompey

Understand natural disappointment at today's result. Now is the time for us to show again with our backs to the wall we are different class.

mathew thorn@p9mpymatt

@engagePompey don't think players are actually good enough #Pompey #ptid

Micah Hall@engagePompey

@p9mpymatt had two shots cleared off the line today and hit the post - small margins make a big difference.

mathew thorn@p9mpymatt

@engagePompey they are intimidated,it's a cup final for everyone else

Micah Hall@engagePompey

@p9mpymatt be interesting to see a league 2 table after 60 minutes, bet we would be near top, which shows we ARE good enough.

:mcinnes:

Micah Hall@engagePompey

@p9mpymatt be interesting to see a league 2 table after 60 minutes, bet we would be near top, which shows we ARE good enough.

:lol:

Which presumably means that a League Two table only relating to the final 30 minutes would see them cut adrift from everyone?

Rather suggests their players aren't fit enough, nor do they have the concentration required to see games out. Shame.

so it's the nasty league again, allowing the other teams an additional 30mins after the hour to turn the game around.

Re the myths and delusion, I honestly believe it is more about ignorance.

I have witnessed first hand the lack of knowledge about their recent history.

Many of the few think that they have paid off all debts, they don't understand nor care about the business side, they also believe stuff made up about our administration, and they are content to embrace every myth offered to them.

While it remains the Isle of the Easily-Led, the fairy tales and delusion will continue.

It would be good for all concerned if real questions were asked of the Property Developing Trust, genuine transparency was introduced, and their criminal history was addressed rather than brushed under the carpet as part of a cherry-picking of history.

But most only care what happens on a Saturday aftneroon - any crimes committed off the pitch are ignored as irrelevant.

If they looked at the whole picture they could move on - and this thread would drift away peacefully in it's sleep.

Speaking of the PDT, the Tesco development seems to have gone quiet. I presume it's still all systems go, despite the protests of the local butcher, baker and candlestick maker?

I'm not sure when it will all start in earnest, but I fear there will be a few disappointed souls down at the wrong end of the M27. There are many who think Robsinsons cash will fund a new stadium, or they are going to turn the pitch around and redevelop the whole site (Some even suggesting compulsory house purchases) or at the very least rebuild the two main stands........ It could be a decade before they realise the land amounts to a new burger van and a lucky heather stall and the cash might cover the clock repair.

I miss Corpse on this thread, wish he would return with all his inside knowledge from the guy he meets socially every couple of weeks. I like reading all the Nutjobs stuff but would be much better with some "official" return banter. I'll pay his fiver if money's an issue.

Money an issue???? :lol:

No, we are rolling in it!

If what I hear socially every couple of weeks comes to pass then pompey will be able to buy Chelsea ten times over!

And even if it doesn't, there are several consortiums waiting in the wings to snap up the sleepiest giant in world football - I can't say who but think of China, South Africa and Jupiter.

Oh yes, you jealous Nutjobs with your crazy theories wish that there were money issues, but I'm afraid that just isn't true.

Even if it went a little wrong we still have the parachute payments to cover everything, and they are ringfenced.

Mugs!

Sorry I've not been about much since my street cred was destroyed, it's a busy time of year.

regards

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.

Another skate ex poster still as delusional as ever.

pfc123

One problem the whole team has is that every side visiting Fratton Park is paying like it's their cup final. That's not a big headed or patronising comment- virtually every manager in the pre match blurb has said the same thing every time.

'We've been waiting for this one', 'This is the big one', 'Everyones been looking forward to this game', etc etc. Nice comments in a way, but I think it shows that we're going to have to be better than the usual standard required to get out of L2 as everyones raising their game against us.

Another skate ex poster still as delusional as ever.

pfc123

One problem the whole team has is that every side visiting Fratton Park is paying like it's their cup final. That's not a big headed or patronising comment- virtually every manager in the pre match blurb has said the same thing every time.

'We've been waiting for this one', 'This is the big one', 'Everyones been looking forward to this game', etc etc. Nice comments in a way, but I think it shows that we're going to have to be better than the usual standard required to get out of L2 as everyones raising their game against us.

He/she/it was a close contender for thickest skate crunt to post on this board behind corpulent hoho....delusional barely begins to cover it but when you add in arrogance, ignorance and plain not getting it you get closer! Shalala lala lalala etc:D