Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Followed no doubt by the same old merry-go-round of events for another year or so until the cycle starts once more.

Although I can't see Coppell getting too involved this time. He's not interested in any form of increased stress levels. Being unpaid one assumes he's just a sounding board for Barker to bounce ideas off.

Ive always been impressed by a small table and four slightly grimy chairs - much more professional than one of those ostentatious big jobbies with enough room for them to all be able to sit behind.

got to laugh at that, but it's not as if the worlds media are on their way to Fratton park, i'm sure it will just be Neill sat there as usual

BbDIRSfIcAAipt8.jpg:large

Good to see their chairman has dressed for the occasion :mcinnes:

Ah the Professionalism.

The uniformity of Body Language as the new Management team commit to the future.

The excitement is etched on their faces at what the future will bring for this new dream team.

I would be so buzzed and motivated by that if I was a skate.

Still, on the plus side, this year, I have not needed to go Xmas shopping. I just send my family and friends links to this thread. Where else in the world, at this time of year could you find another gift that keeps giving?

vb1b.png

Sky bet - LOL, good day for any betting agency to be associated with them :D

Just when I start to forget about them someone comes up with this bollix about 'passion' and 'best atmosphere in world football' etc and it brings the vomit to the back of the throat all over again. Utter small time Tw*ts.

you made me chuckle there Bob.

Yes those floorboards are indeed the original poop deck from HMS Victory, and the tablecloth is the main sail that was later used at Trafalgar to wrap Nelson's body - commonly known as the shroud of Tipner.

Both are valued by Storrie Antiques at £700M.

The glasses are the original ones used by Churchill and the Beverley Sisters to toast Victory in Europe, while the fat tramp in the open-necked shirt is just a competition winner.

He came up with the best PR plan to explain away the coincidental Crawley departure of Mr Barker, and won himself a no-expenses ever paid night out with three very serious men sat around a table that is too small for purpose, surrounded by adverts encouraging people to bet on football matches.

Mr Barker went on to praise the passion and loyalty of the fans, something he observed first hand as he waited in the wings watching his predecessor being hounded out.

But it was the bestest booing there has ever been.

There would have been a few journos there. The Snooze would have gone mob-handed, two or three of them. BBC South, Meridian and Sky Sports, who would turn up at the opening of an envelope, as long as it's got the word 'Football' printed on it.

Then there would have been BBC Radio Solent, and the local radio stations. The locals all have around three or four 'journos' who are little more than fans with mics.

The event would not register sufficiently on the radar of national newspapers for them to send staffers, so a local agency would cover it for them.

Add in the curious, and the fans off the street who wander in and you have the appearance of a packed press conference, befitting a big club.

If I was the guy sat on the left of that picture I would be a bit worried, along with the one third on the left.

That shaft of light thing looks spookily like those photographer Keith Jennings find on prints in The Omen. The guy on the left will probably be speared by a rotting flagpole, falling from the roof of Krap Nottarf while the guy sitting next to him will lose both legs mid-thigh from a sheet of light metal fabric flying through the air having been ripped from one of the stands recently given a dodgy safety certificate, by little more than a light breeze.

And is that Steve McClaren on the extreme right, sipping a cup of tea?

@SonnyBradley91: I thought it was a harmless photo, obviously a lot of People don't feel the same way, and if you was offended I apologise ?

@davesargent: @SonnyBradley91 mate, so long as u give 100% on the pitch you can fraternise with the pony fiddling, diving scummer bastard if u want ?

@whcallum: @SonnyBradley91 you clearly don't understand the rivalry between the clubs. Shows lack of respect to the club and fans.

:mcinnes:

Thing is - if they had any real confidence in him - he'd be having a 2/3 year deal like some of their non performing players - but has it sounds like the same as Guy a rolling yearly contract ..

probably not even a year, 6 months wouldn't surprise me.

That Bradley incident has been the saddest advert for their club since they moved on from money-laundering, theft and prostitution, to match-fixing.

Two fellow professionals (sort of) run into each other, the lesser-known one asks for a photo and is chuffed enough to Tweet it.

Is that a crime?

Apparently so - he is vilified and abused by cross-eyed, toothless, sister-bothering heather-flogging simpletons, who on Saturday will sing the name of a man who scored goals for us, and who unlike all of his colleagues, has never put his name to their media template no.3 - the one that praises the bestest fans in world sport.

So having your picture taken with an England international makes you a disloyal **** who doesn't understand the rivalry, but cheering on the bloke who scored goals in red and white is okay.

They are dim.

BbDJLRPCAAAgEKS.jpg:large

The blokes on the extreme left and Catlin look like they could pass as a pair of undertakers, probably have more fun at an undertakers convention.

Looks like Claude Greengrass has got himself involved in more dodgy dealings, going by this picture ... :mcinnes:

Looks like an aging Terry Venables.

Every bit as trustworthy I'm sure.