Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Tisdale ? Wilder ?

What they say and what they do are two entirely different matters.

McInnes said there are managers at other clubs that have clauses in contracts where they can leave for no compensation. The Football League won't allow them to pay any transfer fee for players, or compensation for managers until previous football debts have been paid.

Evidence of not being allowed by the Football League to spend money on transfers...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/catlin-forget-pompey-paying-out-transfer-fees-1-5072403

Evidence of not being allowed by the Football League to spend money on compensation for employed managers at other clubs is towards the end of this interview...

http://www.expressfm.com/local/podcasts/the-football-hour-933450/

I would refer you to my earlier post of November 27, m'lud.

I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Barker and the Chief Exec Mark Catlin worked together at Bury.

It's so bloody obvious, this must be what is meant by the new era of transparency. You can see right through this appointment.

I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Barker and the Chief Exec Mark Catlin worked together at Bury.

It's so bloody obvious, this must be what is meant by the new era of transparency. You can see right through this appointment.

No, no and thrice no. Catlin had "absolutely nothing whatsoever, no siree" to do with the selection process. It said so in the local newspaper...

QED!

More importantly John Gregory - out of the frying pan.....Crawley v Poopey could, be a local derby again next year

SLY Sam Sodje has told how he punched an opponent in the groin to get sent off — for a £70,000 bung.

Sam Sodje

Match fixer Sodje pulled the outrageous stunt earlier this year while playing for his most recent club Portsmouth.

Defender Sodje was instantly red-carded after a spat which ended with him thumping Oldham Athletic’s Jose Baxter twice in the crotch.

The bizarre incident was reported in The Sun under the headline: “Is This The Most Nuts Sending-Off Ever?” and Portsmouth’s then-manager Guy Whittingham described it as “inexcusable”.

But unrepentant Sodje bragged to The Sun on Sunday that the red card was a fix — and a highly lucrative one.

He claimed he collected £70,000 from a gambling ring who had wagered on him being sent off — and even after being fined £10,000 for punching his unwitting victim Baxter, he said he was still £60,000 better off.

Sodje proudly showed our investigator footage of last February’s incident on his iPhone and said: “Okay listen. This is when I was playing. Do you know how much I got for that? 70k.

“Do you know how much I got fined? I got fined ten grand and I missed six games.

“I had to do it because the referee wasn’t booking me. Come on, who does that? Why would you do it on the pitch? I was tackling, tackling, it wasn’t working and I went ‘f*** that, I’m off’.

“Someone kicked, tackled someone and I went, ‘Ah, this is the chance’ and I just ran in there. The guy didn’t say nothing — I just started punching him. Everyone happy.

Sodje lashes out to earn red card

Outrageous ... Sodje lashes out to earn red card

“The next game I played I got Man of the Match. I would never mention that to anyone but I did that for sixty grand.”

Meanwhile Sodje received a grovelling APOLOGY from another football star who was supposed to get booked in return for cash and failed.

Ex Prem stars in match fix probe - Read our story

Oldham player Cristian Montano was meant to be yellow-carded in the first half of a match against Wolves so big-time gamblers could cash in.

But despite his best efforts to commit fouls he did not succeed in being booked until the second half — meaning the bets placed on him were lost. After the match 21-year-old Colombian Montano frantically paced around a luxury Manchester hotel suite kicking out to demonstrate how he deliberately tried to incur a caution.

Video:Sun on Sunday match fixing investigationSun ExclusiveSAM Sodje shows our undercover reporter a video of himself getting a red card for a £70k payment

He also admitted calling the ref a “w*****” in an attempt to provoke him into producing a card.

‘I was hacking, kicking everywhere’ The ex-West Ham player said: “From minute one I was hacking people down. People running past me and I would go clip. I run against one player and barged him.

“The ref just gave a foul. I like cuss, and, ‘You’re a f****** w*****.

"I’ve got it in a DVD so you can watch yourself. Yeah, I was hacking people down. I was chasing the wrong people, tackling here, kicking everywhere.”

Montano had been summoned to the hotel by furious fixer Sodje to explain what had happened.

Montano, casually dressed in jeans and a baseball cap, said: “I’m not here to talk about money, getting the purse, that’s not really my thing. If they were to find out, I’m f****d.”

Cristian Montano tried and failed to earn a first-half booking

Desperate Montano, who was a team-mate of Sodje at Notts County last year, then offered to make amends by taking part in another rigged incident.

He said: “I’m a man of my word, do you get me? Colombian people are, we don’t bulls*** people. In Colombia, you bulls*** someone, you’re going down.

“First half. I will do it — whatever you want to do, whether you want to do this Saturday, on Tuesday, next Saturday.

“You know what I could do yeah, I could even get you lot a ticket and you can come up to the game. You can be in a game and watch what I do and you can see, f***, well how’s that not a booking, if I get booked then.”

Earlier Sodje had sent our reporter a series of text messages between him and Montano showing how he confirmed the fix prior to the game.

There were also messages sent after the game in which the player said he had tried his best to get booked.

One text from Montano read: “They are calling me hatchet man. I was flying, diving in, dived for a pen, pulling shirts clipping people, flying into tackle, chasing people I don’t have to chase and I only got booked second half. The first clean tackle.”

Earlier, at a different hotel, Sodje introduced our reporter to one of his other brothers Akpo, 33, a striker at League One side Tranmere Rovers.

Sodje reassured us: “Akpo’s family. Akpo will do it two hundred per cent. If Akpo plays the next six games, he’s ready to get booked every game.”

Cocky Akpo, who once played for Queens Park Rangers, sipped a glass of lemonade as he offered to fix games for cash.

Referring to getting a yellow card, he said: “Yeah, if it’s me you’ve got no problem. Yeah, a hundred per cent, two hundred per cent. It’s easy, f*** easy.

‘Just get on the referee’s nerves’ “I can stand next to the goalkeeper and try and kick the ball and pull his arm. That’s enough.

“If I do it first time, then he’ll (ref) say don’t do it again. Because I’m a striker, I’ve got to stop the play.

“I don’t even need to touch anybody. He’ll blow the whistle and just book. Easy.

r

“It’s just being cheeky to the referee. Just get on the referee, get on his nerves, swear.”

Akpo — known for his colourful hairstyles — promised he would deliver a yellow card in the first half, vowing: “The first 20 minutes you will get it.

“I’ll ring you tomorrow night saying if I’m playing Saturday. If I’m starting, I’ll know.”

Sodje advised our undercover reporter, who was posing as the representative of a Far Eastern betting syndicate: “Put your whole life money on it.

Sodje hopes to cash in by rigging World Cup

Big fix ... Sodje hopes to cash in by rigging World Cup

“It’s happening. I’m telling you he is my boy. Him, if he’s doing it, he’ll probably want up front.”

Greedy Akpo confirmed: “If everything’s set up front, it’s not a problem. Guaranteed no problem you will see it. Put everything up front.”

The brothers confirmed they would be able to rig “six, seven games in a row” once Akpo was recalled to the side following a recent injury.

Sodje, who has amassed a fortune from fixing, said: “Me and Akpo are trying to build our life after football.”

Ironically one of the jobs he hopes to land is with the Professional Footballers Association.

He claimed: “I go to the board of the Committee of the PFA and nail stuff like this down. I’m a top boy. Do you know what this can cost me?”

World Cup con boast

MATCH fixer Sam Sodje is hoping to cash in by rigging the World Cup — and boasted he has already lined up crooked players, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.

He told how some players in African sides could be lured into his fixing ring because they do not get paid large sums to represent their national teams. He wanted a £100,000 bung for a well-known star who also plays in the Premier League to take a yellow card.

Sodje said: “That’ll be the one, the World Cup. We’ll do a whole game, get booked once, big money. If you pay a hundred grand it will be huge.

Sonny Bradley getting a barrage of abuse for posting a photo of him and Lallana on Twitter. #classyfans

ujuqusa7.jpg

egu2umy9.jpg

@nichollstom1708: @SonnyBradley91 having a ****ing laugh ain't ya? ****ing hell no wonder were **** when we've got our CB cuddling up with scummers at weekend

@TScoging: @SonnyBradley91 you can take Portsmouth football club out of your bio, you ******.

@ElliotNewman2: @SonnyBradley91 **** off back up north you useless ****. Focus more on not switching off every game instead of sucking scummer arse

@TScoging: @SonnyBradley91 maybe you should learn to defend rather than sucking off Scummers and maybe we wouldn't be doing so ****, no respect #rocha

Edited by trousers

Sonny Bradley getting a barrage of abuse for posting a photo of him and Lallana on Twitter. #classyfans

ujuqusa7.jpg

egu2umy9.jpg

@nichollstom1708: @SonnyBradley91 having a ****ing laugh ain't ya? ****ing hell no wonder were **** when we've got our CB cuddling up with scummers at weekend

@TScoging: @SonnyBradley91 you can take Portsmouth football club out of your bio, you ******.

@ElliotNewman2: @SonnyBradley91 **** off back up north you useless ****. Focus more on not switching off every game instead of sucking scummer arse

@TScoging: @SonnyBradley91 maybe you should learn to defend rather than sucking off Scummers and maybe we wouldn't be doing so ****, no respect #rocha

That is priceless, pure comedy gold. Of course, they never have a go at their own players...for anything...

ujuqusa7.jpg

egu2umy9.jpg

:lol:

This is too good, first one of their players gets all excited about having a picture with Lallana, and then one of their ex players admits to cheating whilst at Pompey!! They couldn't take retrospective action against them could they? It is nearly Christmas.

This is too good, first one of their players gets all excited about having a picture with Lallana, and then one of their ex players admits to cheating whilst at Pompey!! They couldn't take retrospective action against them could they? It is nearly Christmas.

Nope,

unless they could prove the club were complicit in it, which I very much doubt they were

can,t blame the guy i expect he never got paid or got 7 p in the pound to go with those monthly contracts lol

can't blame the guy at all, it's like I said the other day, when you're a pretty crap player playing for a crap club in a crap league and someone offers you a big packet of tax free cash for a red card or a foul at a given time then you just take it and don't ask questions. Betting should be banned on low level sporting events. Still most of this stuff is SE Asia based where they still bet on dog fights and slug races.

How many points did they need to avoid relegation that season? I had the feeling that that game was a relegation 6pointer. Looks like we will need to be handing out some more keys for the freedom of the city for that one. Is that right Mack?

How many points did they need to avoid relegation that season? I had the feeling that that game was a relegation 6pointer. Looks like we will need to be handing out some more keys for the freedom of the city for that one. Is that right Mack?

They would have needed 51 to finish above Colchester, they finished with 32. Before the Oldham game they were 10 points from Oldham in 20th place, ( Skates 23 Oldham 33 ).

Official_Twitter_Logo_normal.jpgPortsmouth FC@officialpompey

#Pompey have appointed Richie Barker as manager: http://tinyurl.com/pp8gwrf

Pompey have appointed Richie Barker as their new manager, with Steve Coppell also arriving in a director of football role.

Barker, 38, who has penned a standard rolling contract, arrives following a 16-month spell at Crawley, who he guided to a 10th-place finish in League One last term.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me,” he said. “I’m very excited to be at this club with its great history.

“Everyone knows how passionate the people of Portsmouth are about their football club.”

How does a "standard" rolling contract differ from a non-standard one...?

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})