Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Indeed, when you get mocked for your fashion choices in South Wales you know that you've hit rock bottom!

Now they're avoiding West Ham, Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Stoke etc, presumably some old men are reliving the excitement of Football Factory by frightening the big firms from the likes of Accrington and Northampton.

Perhaps they will have tales to tell their great grandchildren about the day that they took the home pub in Morecambe or Torquay?

And they are such dinosaurs from a bygone age that they can actually tell those great grandchildren their stories when they get home that night.

They have so found their level.

In response to the pompey-liverpool £1m scandal:

Thank you for your email.

In this instance, as a commercial arrangement, we can only advise you contact the administrator regarding your query. This is due to it being based on an arrangement between the administrator (on behalf of creditors) and Portsmouth FC.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Shall we give our old friend Andronikou a bell?

Or is it Trevor/Baker Tilly/Fulgers.. f*ck knows.

In response to the pompey-liverpool £1m scandal:

Thank you for your email.

In this instance, as a commercial arrangement, we can only advise you contact the administrator regarding your query. This is due to it being based on an arrangement between the administrator (on behalf of creditors) and Portsmouth FC.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Shall we give our old friend Andronikou a bell?

Or is it Trevor/Baker Tilly/Fulgers.. f*ck knows.

The administrator in charge of that was our old mate Trevor, but he didn't reply to my email to him on the topic.

Don't hold your breath

Just above those incredibly loyal Man U fans too. I bet you'd never see a banner flying over Fratton Park rallying against their manager! Although whether that's because collectively the fans can't get together a full set of teeth - let alone the money needed to hire plane and banner - or because they can't keep hold of a manager long enough to organise a banner with the right name, I don't know.

On the face of it this is standard Allen filler about their new Premier League star in waiting. Look at it a bit deeper and a cynic may suggest it could be a story planted by a football club who need every penny possible from player sales in the summer to balance their books.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/ferry-pompey-youngster-destined-for-the-top-1-5988838

They may as well have tattooed FOR SALE on Whatmough's forehead and had done with it.

Shhh. Just don't let any prospective buyer see this.

[video=youtube;-QRlyvmRHys]

@pn_neil_allen: Happy first birthday to fan- owned #Pompey. A glorious birth I was privileged to be present at. Will be on @ExpressFM tonight reliving it.

Pompey....1 year old today....shame they had to ditch all the history associated with the old club...oh...

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: Happy first birthday to fan- owned #Pompey. A glorious birth I was privileged to be present at. Will be on @ExpressFM tonight reliving it.

Pompey....1 year old today....shame they had to ditch all the history associated with the old club...oh...

Bigger shame that they never managed to ditch the debts associated with the old club though, eh ???

:):):)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/mcinnes-reflects-on-the-anniversary-of-the-deal-which-saved-pompey-1-5991678

‘The QC acting on behalf of Portpin (Hilary Stonefrost) was actually herself a Pompey fan and when we had understandable altercations outside the courthouse on a few occasions she was particularly upset, primarily for that reason.

‘In her professional capacity she couldn’t admit to any kind of bias but she’s a Pompey fan, she told me that and she’s a nice lady.

A Pompey fan? Fighting the case for Portpin? That must have confused the 'hero-villain' brigade somewhat...

Still, at least she had the honesty to reveal her vested interest.....oh....

We are debt-free they shouted from behind their pile of debt.

Yes, that was a great day.

The local business experts had driven all the criminals out of the club and the fans would return in droves to pack-the-park.

They were all set for a promotion season in front of sell-out crowds....there was no excuse for empty seats, they were cheap and every penny went into pompey.

Guy had his plucky warchest and the pick of the free-transfer market, it was onwards and upwards for the biggestest club outside London.

If anything they were too big for most games, and the little clubs who made up the numbers were overwhelmed by being in such exalted company as the mighty blue giants ripped up the division.

Whoops! :blush:

Well I've enjoyed the year. :)

They are spoiling us, there can't be another year as funny as this one around the corner, can there?

Time to revisit the claims of the business plan against the realities of year 1, nutjobs? And no, I'm not going to do it, I only have 3 posts a day now. :D

Oooh, cheapskate! ;-) You know you'll miss out when it all gets exciting again..

I only booted the laptop as I wanted some internet advice on a DIY job I'm doing.... Oh, hello people!

There are one or two conundrums in there. I don't recall anybody saying this time last year that they would be running at a loss for two years. In fact I'm sure I remember them promising it would only be for the first year.

How can they possibly be ahead of their debt reduction plan when their profitability is deteriorating, or rather their trading losses are continuing. I would be pretty sure that Brown's prediction to stop the losses in year 3 or 4 also includes promotion.

I see they have extended the deadline for buying "shares" again to July. They better sell some soon because the developers already own more than 49% on top of controlling the board. Their property developing benefactors had to pump half a million in this year to keep them going. Less than fifty grand now buys the majority.

The way I look at it they have something like 30% of our debt and 2% of our income.

There are one or two conundrums in there. I don't recall anybody saying this time last year that they would be running at a loss for two years. In fact I'm sure I remember them promising it would only be for the first year.

How can they possibly be ahead of their debt reduction plan when their profitability is deteriorating, or rather their trading losses are continuing. I would be pretty sure that Brown's prediction to stop the losses in year 3 or 4 also includes promotion.

I see they have extended the deadline for buying "shares" again to July. They better sell some soon because the developers already own more than 49% on top of controlling the board. Their property developing benefactors had to pump half a million in this year to keep them going. Less than fifty grand now buys the majority.

The way I look at it they have something like 30% of our debt and 2% of our income.

That sounds hauntingly like their CVA repayment plan..

Spring is here, it's time to start bigging up next season in a desperate attempt to sell season tickets and more donations.

Keep an eye out for

1. Talk of a promotion challenge.

2. Reference to a busy summer shakeup with the board backing the manager to spend big on wages.

3. More revenue being discovered from somewhere.

4. Morale-boosting warcries from players who pledge to give everything to get the club back to the dizzy heights of League Two midtable mediocrity.

5. Anything celebratory about the Trust's first chaotic year in charge, purely spun to distract from reality.

So what has the Property Developing Trust actually achieved in a year?

The fans own less of the club than they did then.

They have appointed and sacked two poor managers.

They will finish approx 88th in the league pyramid.

They have overspent on wages in the annual failed promotion gamble.

They gave away season tickets too cheap in a failed attempt at packing the park.

They failed to get enough donations so they keep extending the deadline.

They have given crap players long contracts.

They embraced the pin-up girl of the local far-right without researching the family.

They are supporting a property deal that landlocks the stadium and leaves it vulnerable to future development - all in return for a small bit of car park.

Have I missed anything?

Probably.

Spring is here, it's time to start bigging up next season in a desperate attempt to sell season tickets and more donations.

Keep an eye out for

2. Reference to a busy summer shakeup with the board backing the manager to spend big on wages.

4. Morale-boosting warcries from players who pledge to give everything to get the club back to the dizzy heights of League Two midtable mediocrity.

5. Anything celebratory about the Trust's first chaotic year in charge, purely spun to distract from reality.

They gave away season tickets too cheap in a failed attempt at packing the park.

They embraced the pin-up girl of the local far-right without researching the family.

They are supporting a property deal that landlocks the stadium and leaves it vulnerable to future development - all in return for a small bit of car park.

Have I missed anything?

Probably.

No doubt you have missed a lot, though that said well done on an outstanding summary on the honeymoon period.

Keep an eye out for

Have I missed anything?

Probably.

Yes indeed, they're ...

Lessownin' PoorManagerSackin' 88thFinishin' Overspendin' SeasonTicketGivin' DonationDeadlineExtendin' CrapPlayerContractExtendin' FatPennyEmbracin' TescoLandLockin' CarparkSqueezin' Pompey :mcinnes:

Yes indeed, they're ...

Lessownin' PoorManagerSackin' 88thFinishin' Overspendin' SeasonTicketGivin' DonationDeadlineExtendin' CrapPlayerContractExtendin' FatPennyEmbracin' TescoLandLockin' CarparkSqueezin' Pompey :mcinnes:

Someone's showing their age ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was wondering.

How can they be ahead of debt repayments whilst increasing debt?

It sounds like someone is spouting spin.

Or perhaps.....and I know this is unlikely and I'm going to be shouted down for even mentioning the crazy idea....but maybe the figures don't stack up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26938182

McInnes: "We're debt free (apart from the footballing debts)"

Brown: "We hope to be debt free in 3 or 4 years"

:mcinnes:

Solid business plan then? F**king loonies. Seriously, just how much irony and contradiction do you want in one article? I still have absolutely no idea how they escaped HMRC with the amount they owed, but hey ho.

Solid business plan then? F**king loonies. Seriously, just how much irony and contradiction do you want in one article? I still have absolutely no idea how they escaped HMRC with the amount they owed, but hey ho.

One thing is sure, the fact that an MP's partner worked there had absolutely no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.

How do you make a loss in year 1 and 2, and then move out of debt in year 3 when you've started with debt and then added to it?

because they hoped to be back in premiership by then, problem is they would have run up so much more debt by then TV money would not solve problem

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})