Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Awfal's is not that stupid,He's safe as houses with the yoooff,

no matter what happens win or lose he will stand aside let some other fool be the whiping boy.

Ronny should of been sacked before he walked through the gate,(gob shiyt ussles c**t) next moves should be to get shot of catlin his ****up mate, He couldn't run a paper round.

But he's part of the team which is going to save you......

Awfal's is not that stupid,He's safe as houses with the yoooff,

no matter what happens win or lose he will stand aside let some other fool be the whiping boy.

Ronny should of been sacked before he walked through the gate,(gob shiyt ussles c**t) next moves should be to get shot of catlin his ****up mate, He couldn't run a paper round.

Could you shout please Mack as we can't hear you from all the way down there ?

Remember David Lampitt, well he is giving this Seminar about ...... (wait for it) ....Financial Fair Play !?

The sound is poor so it hard to hear every word however he does mention being in charge of the Cheats at 1:55 and he talks more about them at 51:00 to 57:00 but I cannot be bothered to listen to all 1:30:34 of it.

I didn't hear him mention buying Kitson , Lawrence and a few others and putting them on big wages after the 1st Admin and the loan/gift (was £10m ??) from the East European Pension Fund/Bank (I think he said something like getting within 800k for balancing the books).

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Chairman Iain McInnes joins us on @LKO_S_W tonight on BBC1. What do you want to ask him?

Is that the same dickh**d BBC presenter who said that Pompey were being expertly and financially managed just before it went belly up

Is that the same dickh**d BBC presenter who said that Pompey were being expertly and financially managed just before it went belly up

Yeah, that's him, he's interviewing the chairman who declared at the time of the PST takeover that they were 'debt free' !

A bit like Jackanory really, I suppose ?

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey are tight lipped - but I understand there IS a clause from Glen Johnson sale that entitles club to about £1m if Liverpool win title.

Which no doubt Pompey will give straight back to the tax payer who paid for Johnson in the first place...

Remember Ladies and Gents, this is Pompey. The various chancers that ran the club sold anything with a value when trying to extract cash from the carcas. Wouldn't be surprised if a deal had been done and this is long gone.

Add in the fact the entity from which any sum is owed is long since liquidated, any payment would have to go via the authorities and the player debt will be satisfied by any incoming monies won't find it's way to the fatty pipes.

I'd also question the legality of such a clause. From memory they sold Johnson whilst a Prem club. How does that work if on the day of the season Liverpool need to win and Pompey roll over to collect the million.

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey are tight lipped - but I understand there IS a clause from Glen Johnson sale that entitles club to about £1m if Liverpool win title.

Surely the 'Club' that the arrangement may have been made with is at least two administrations back....current subsidiary of the Tesco car park fund would be nothing to do with that.

Of course the creditors of said bankrupt entity may get their pence in the £ but sure as hell these skates can't............could they? I know normal rules don't apply in the kingdom of the unwashed.

I thought this had already been dismissed as a pub myth, but if true, shouldn't any potential money be owed to administrators/creditors of the previous businesses?

Would that would have been a clause from the admin before last?

Not sure how any normal business could have a legal claim to that historic agreement.

Either way, come on anyone else!

Surely the 'Club' that the arrangement may have been made with is at least two administrations back....current subsidiary of the Tesco car park fund would be nothing to do with that.

Of course the creditors of said bankrupt entity may get their pence in the £ but sure as hell these skates can't............could they? I know normal rules don't apply in the kingdom of the unwashed.

The potential receipt from Liverpool would have been an asset of the old company and so unless there was a clause in the contract with Liverpool specifically preventing it there is no reason why it couldn't have been sold to the new company (and then the new new company), by the administrator.

However early settlement of future fees are a comparatively easy way for an administrator to raise some quick cash, albeit at a discount, and I would expect he would settled anything he could.

Given all the bad news coming out of fat pipes over the last few weeks I would have thought that if there was even the potential for a £1m windfall then they would be shouting it from the (crumbling) rooftops.

Bring it on. Lets see Liverpool win the title, Pompey get a million quid... and then watch with a smile as it gets ******ed away just like all the rest.

They haven't really changed and they won't be anywhere near League 1, let alone the Prem, for years. It would almost be funnier to see them get their hopes up by receiving this money, and then realising it won't change a thing, because they're such a poorly run club.

I seem to remember that [x]% of any transfer fees received were marked to be paid to football creditors.

Does anybody remember the %?

I will laugh if they do get a £1m windfall but then slowly realise that they only get to keep £100k (although I'd obviously rather they didn't even get this).

I seem to remember that [x]% of any transfer fees received were marked to be paid to football creditors.

Does anybody remember the %?

I will laugh if they do get a £1m windfall but then slowly realise that they only get to keep £100k (although I'd obviously rather they didn't even get this).

I thought it was 100%

April 1st?

simon bucknall ‏@theuniversalsi

@pn_neil_allen This better not be an April Fools gag Neil.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@theuniversalsi @Aled No it's not an April Fool's joke - can't imagine anyone would find that amusing!!

NagoyaPompey ‏@Nagoyapompey7

@pn_neil_allen is it April 1st by any chance?

@Nagoyapompey7 Would never be that cruel!!!

Nick Arnold ‏@nickybobarnold

@alex_crook @pn_neil_allen it's 01/04/14

@nickybobarnold @alex_crook May be so - but this is no joke!!!

Surely even Mr Allen can't be daft enough to not realise that you don't carry on with an April Fool's joke once someone has questioned it...? ;)

Edited by trousers

They could invite McInness and that miserable looking old git from the PDT that usually sits next to him up to Anfield on the last day of the PL season and present them with a 10-foot cardboard cheque in the centre circle.

As he was sold prior to the administration shouldn't any money attributed to that time go to the creditors?

As he was sold prior to the administration shouldn't any money attributed to that time go to the creditors?

Depends if the clause (if it ever existed, and was/is still valid) was sold to the new company that's now Portsmouth as part of the Admin process.

I think McInness said he knows nothing of this agreement. Surely he'd know if it was a possibility....surely?

he said last night that he knew nothing about it.

So the **** is unaware of a possibility of a million quid windfall, but is complete up to date on various 8 year olds pocket money standings.

Just had a glance at the Pompey forum, saw the thread about our finances - wow are they desperate for us to go tits up!

Why would they have a thread about a club with one of the the best managed finances in the Premier League? Odd.

Yes, I seem to recall a few sister-bothering, heather-selling, tooth-free, bath-dodging, cross-eyed simpletons gobbing off about how we had borrowed £35M and were insolvent. :?

Cue further myths.

And Nutjobs may be obsessed with another club, but they are generally pretty savvy about their own too.

But for the few to comment on our finances is a bit rich as they have neither grasp of basic maths nor a fricking clue what is going on in their own balance sheets!

We are just the same as Man Utd as they have debt too...scummahs ripped off charities so their admin was identical to ours....we are debtfree....we have the lowest wagebill in the division....we've been punished twice for the same offence....parachute payments are ringfenced and will cover that....etc

Why do they need a 3rd kit? Surely a club with the community at heart should be able to come up with a home and away kit to cover all clashes. 3rd kits are just a scheme to milk fans of money.

Correct. Though, how will us nutjobs be voting? I was going to go with purple but we should probably have some consensus on a vote rig!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})