Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

'Run in a similar way to Chelsea'

Kinda, the difference being their owner has the money to spare.

What an odious little man, incapable of admitting fault for his own reckless behaviour, even going so far as to say he was 'soft' with Redknapp. Slimey b*stard.

‘Mr Chainrai has written off £10m of his own money with a possibility of getting it back over the next 10 or 15 years. It is a very, very honourable thing to do.’

Not really written off Peter, as he owns the stadium and gets paid more than it is worth over 15 years.

Storrie (Talking about the request to sell players outside the window):"It categorically was not me. The Premier League’s decision is surprising because the idea came from them in the first place. The suggestion was put to us that this was worth doing."

Maybe the Prem DID suggest this. Hoping that Fifa would say absolutely no, they could then say (spin) that they tried their hardest to save the Skates.

Fifa too cute though and batted it straight back?

So much politics involved in this situation...

“Hindsight is a great thing and when I look back perhaps I should have done more to address the situation."

“But at the end of the day I am simply an employee of the club and I only carry out the instructions of the owner."

Understatement of the millenium I think, and no you are the CEO with responsibilities beyond that of an employee.

This one is pretty sucinct

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/michael-calvin/Why-Arsenal-skipper-Cesc-Fabregas-will-become-a-folk-hero-at-Barcelona-and-Portsmouth-deserve-to-go-bust-The-Michael-Calvin-Column-article329757.html

Edited by Gorgiesaint
Extra link

Ive only been away half a day and the clumsy simpletons have managed to lose their ground!

They're lucky that the nice man has taken it off their hands, off the list of assets they were trying to sell, and tied it up nicely against his own little property portfolio.

So how can some Pompey fans think this could be a good thing?

It looks like a disastrous 'development' to me.

“But at the end of the day I am simply an employee of the club and I only carry out the instructions of the owner."

Understatement of the millenium I think, and no you are the CEO with responsibilities beyond that of an employee.

And so it begins, "simply an employee" ?? "simple" employees do not travel the globe seeking a buyer, "simple" employees do not attend the type of meetings he continues to do, "simple" employees are not in a position to avoid tax the way in which he did, simple employees names are not sung on the terraces etc etc......

Why defend Rednapp now ?? perhaps concerned he may cum his guts in the tax avoidance case ?

Hopefully the league will respond to the allegation it was they that suggested selling the players outside of the transfer window.

“Hindsight is a great thing and when I look back perhaps I should have done more to address the situation."

This one is pretty sucinct

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/michael-calvin/Why-Arsenal-skipper-Cesc-Fabregas-will-become-a-folk-hero-at-Barcelona-and-Portsmouth-deserve-to-go-bust-The-Michael-Calvin-Column-article329757.html

PMSL

yet more evidence of either 1) How Thick Storrie is or 2) How thick he thinks the club's fans are.

This defence was attempted during WW2 Nuremberg Trials - "I was only doing my job, I was only following orders". It didn't work THEN why on EARTH do you think it will work now?

So you as CEO who is supposed to be the expert on UK Corporate Law on behalf of a foreigner who will not be an expert on UK Corporate Law will simply do whatever you are told.......

You were NOT an Employee, you were a CEO.

If Carlsberg did CEO's that Saints fans could wish on their rivals.....

Why oh why are they still taking on trialists?!

The article below is about a player from an economically troubled (!) bottom team in the 2nd best division in DK (a player who'd have a hard time doing a job in League One) who has been offered a trial at Portsmouth. The player is Patrick Wozniacki and yes, he is the brother of tennis ace Caroline Wozniacki who personally persuaded Avram Grant to let her brother have a trial at Pompey...

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/Fremer-paa-proevetraening-i-Premier-League

Amazing...

just got back fro m holiday can somebody give me the short version of whats happenning down the road

They're still f*cked, don't even own their ground anymore, and Storrie is bullsh*tting over some South African takeover.

And on the pitch they were really unlucky to concede an injury time winner at home to Stoke.

Sometimes I really love football.

From the Storrie interview in ESPN Soccernet:

"He (Storrie) told Soccernet: "A deal to sell the club is red hot, proof of funds has been asked for, it's been lodged with the lawyers, and now all we need to do is to have those proof of funds lodged with the bank, and we can go ahead with the takeover."

Storrie also gave an interview to ESPN TV cameras ahead of Pompey's 2-1 defeat to Stoke City, and revealed that current owner Balram Chainrai has stayed on in this country in anticipation of concluding a deal in principle on Monday, leaving just six days to go before Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs reconvene their winding-up order in the courts on March 1.

Storrie said: "We want to keep this club alive, we don't want to go into administration and lose nine points, we believe we can conclude a deal to sell the club. We've been talking to the South Africans quite heavily all last week, and we are hopeful, but we've been there before, so let's see what Monday brings."

Eh? Lucky it's red hot. You'd be in trouble if it was only luke warm.

Tall Storrie quotes:

ESPN 18-Feb-2010

Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie told Soccernet: "Of course we don't want to sell any more players, but we have no choice. Of course Avram Grant still believes he can keep us up, so he doesn't want to sell any more players. But if it's a question of survival or selling, there clearly is no choice.

"We have some immediate cash flow issues to resolve, and we are hoping for a positive reaction from the Premier League to our request to open up the window for us."

ESPN 20-Feb-2010

He also claimed that he was abused by the fans because they believed he wanted to sell more Portsmouth players from an already threadbare squad outside of the transfer window, a fund-raising idea mooted earlier this week but turned down by the Premier League on Saturday.

Storrie said that the idea had originally originated from the Premier League: "That was their suggestion, the idea came from them in the first place. I can understand objections from other clubs but I didn't even know such a rule existed."

Lies, mis-quotes or dementia?

They keep saying Avram Grant is doing a good job... yeah a WORSE one than Paul Hart... something even I never believed possible!!!

As odd as it seems given the evidence of the Premiership table, I have to say that I think both Hart and Grant have done very well to continue to get their teams to actually "turn up" for each match.

Each time I watch Pompey I don't see them playing like a company on the brink of extinction or a team at the bottom of the Premiership. They're not a great Premiership team but I would expect them to have zero belief and to capitulate to 3,4 or 5 nil losses week in week out. But they're not. Perhaps it's one or two key individuals on the pitch rather than the manager?

Unfortunately for them I think it's the 60,000,000 - nil result in the high court on March 1st that might finish them off.

PMSL

yet more evidence of either 1) How Thick Storrie is or 2) How thick he thinks the club's fans are.

This defence was attempted during WW2 Nuremberg Trials - "I was only doing my job, I was only following orders". It didn't work THEN why on EARTH do you think it will work now?

So you as CEO who is supposed to be the expert on UK Corporate Law on behalf of a foreigner who will not be an expert on UK Corporate Law will simply do whatever you are told.......

You were NOT an Employee, you were a CEO.

If Carlsberg did CEO's that Saints fans could wish on their rivals.....

Totally agree. Storrie is a director. Directors have a duty to the sharegolders to safeguard their investment. In theory the owners could hold him to account for ballsing it up.

"He (Storrie) told Soccernet: "A deal to sell the club is red hot, proof of funds has been asked for, it's been lodged with the lawyers, and now all we need to do is to have those proof of funds lodged with the bank, and we can go ahead with the takeover."

Isn't it usual to get Proof of Funds BEFORE allowing them to look at the books... Thats them f***ed then.

I'm loving it :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/bonuses-chaotic-portsmouth-brink-collapse

Especially this bit:

"Given the scale of the debts, estimated at £60m, and the outgoings, it appears highly improbable that any new investment or buyer will be found before the 1 March hearing."

Edited by bridge too far

I am sick and tired of lies that have been written. I was unfairly criticised for earning vast amounts of money when the truth is I earned less than half that was reported.” quote)

Isn't it amazing 2 people in the same week now come out and say they are not earning what is reported. Why not when the claims were first made?

Another cover up of earnings that may be lost to the revenue. Is Storries wages covered in their accounts?

Isn't it usual to get Proof of Funds BEFORE allowing them to look at the books... Thats them f***ed then.

I posted that before when the word first came out about PoF.

Marc Jackson & Pinnacle both went one step FURTHER than these Yarpies have gone in as much as they BOTH proved funds to Mark Fry.

Now if THAT doesn't put the statements from Storrie into perspective, NOTHING will

I'm loving it :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/bonuses-chaotic-portsmouth-brink-collapse

Especially this bit:

"Given the scale of the debts, estimated at £60m, and the outgoings, it appears highly improbable that any new investment or buyer will be found before the 1 March hearing."

He said: "People talk nonsense about wages, you see all this rubbish about John Utaka earning eighty grand a week, he's not. He's earning £28,000 a week. Peter Storrie told me that, Peter showed me his contract the other week.

Now why would Storrie be showing HR Utakas contract. I suppose it is good to have all the same facts when you go to court, the rehearsals are going well it seems.

Tall Storrie quotes:

ESPN 18-Feb-2010

Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie told Soccernet: "Of course we don't want to sell any more players, but we have no choice. Of course Avram Grant still believes he can keep us up, so he doesn't want to sell any more players. But if it's a question of survival or selling, there clearly is no choice.

"We have some immediate cash flow issues to resolve, and we are hoping for a positive reaction from the Premier League to our request to open up the window for us."

ESPN 20-Feb-2010

He also claimed that he was abused by the fans because they believed he wanted to sell more Portsmouth players from an already threadbare squad outside of the transfer window, a fund-raising idea mooted earlier this week but turned down by the Premier League on Saturday.

Storrie said that the idea had originally originated from the Premier League: "That was their suggestion, the idea came from them in the first place. I can understand objections from other clubs but I didn't even know such a rule existed."

Lies, mis-quotes or dementia?

Storrie teller

I am sick and tired of lies that have been written...........”

Lol

I posted that before when the word first came out about PoF.

Marc Jackson & Pinnacle both went one step FURTHER than these Yarpies have gone in as much as they BOTH proved funds to Mark Fry.

Now if THAT doesn't put the statements from Storrie into perspective, NOTHING will

I assume if the SA's appear the FPPT will be rushed through, afterall the PL have such stringent rules on these things nothing will hold that up.....oh perhaps a bit more stalling time at the court. The registrar I know will have been up against this type of thing before but this has more pressure attached to the decision and so may fudge again for them to stagger through a few more weeks. If they had won yesterday their chances of staying up and the 17th place been more credible.

In my opinion, the "potential" sale of the club at the moment, is simply a device to assist Storrey when he is taken to court for his running of the club. It will help him claim that with the possible sale, solving all of the financial issues surrounding the company, it wasn't trading while insolvent as there was a prospect of securing funds.

I think he will eventually be barred from being a Director of any company for a long time and the March 1st hearing is the start of many such episodes over the coming months involving these grubby characters, with a number heading for the hills to escape justice...

Some sort of AFC Portsmouth is probably sustainable in the Blue Square Premier or Blue Square South - maybe in lower ends of League Two. I'd imagine crowds of about 2,000 or so.

Without Fratton Park, you'll probably have to share with Havant.

Portsmouth isn't much of a football town. Crowds of 17,000 in the Premiership are lamentable. But I'd imagine a semi-pro club is feasible, even with such limited interest in football in the city.

At £600 a season ticket its not really

What an absolute buffoon.

The most telling thing was his ridiculous statement that, "I am only an employee". What a complete dinlo. No, Peter, you're not. Not in the eyes of the law. You will find out about this pretty soon.

Saints legend, mind you.

What an odious cretin he is, will he not stand up & take one jot of responsibility?

Serves him right, I wonder how many having a go now were chanting his name a little while ago LOL.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})