Callum Davenport.

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Hey....Imprison peeps for serious crime?...yes we do, big time...There's a novelty for ya.....Its called getting the criminals off the streets and if they been really really bad, we'll prolly give them a short sharp shock in the Electric Chair, or put them down with a leathal injection or two....just like the animals they are.

Now 'that' keeps them off the streets for good ;)

Then we have the tax free way too........If Callum had been living in my street or pretty much any other street around here, or the US, the guy with the knife would prolly be laying on the pavement in a pool of his own blood, after having been shot by either Callum, Callum's Mum, or a friendly neighbor....Or even a Cop come to that....yup, Cops at a crime scene within a few minutes...fancy that

Not wanting to go off topic with this, but you mentioned it so I'll comment...Damned right 'we' hate the thought of NHS style healthcare coming to the US.....No one bleeds in the streets here, despite what Tony or Gordy's lefty propaganda may have informed you.....Lying on trolly's in corridors or being refused, or having to wait months or even years for expensive treatment and/or medication and being at the mercy of Nany's hand picked panel, is very real in the NHS tho', as the whole world knows.

This is the sort of treatment some of the lefty politicians are getting all over the country here for trying to get Government involved in healthcare .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRE5UK6NQU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbusters%2Eorg%2Fblogs%2Fnoel%2Dsheppard%2F2009%2F08%2F23%2Fmarine%2Dcorps%2Dvet%2Dblasts%2Ddem%2Dcongressman%2Dcalling%2Dobamacare%2Dprotesters%2D&feature=player_embedded....peeps are 'very' ****ed off at even just the 'hint' of NHS style healthcare

As for the life expectancy of the black boys in the Capital?....Well if they insist on going out every night and shooting each other over drugs, then there's not a lot anyone can do about it....Very few are inocent.....

Plenty of black kids, like others, who chose a different path, go on to be successful decent upstanding citizens

Dont-Tread-flag.gif

In the UK (population c. 60.5m) there were 765 reported incidents of murder for 2005-6 (Home Office, undated) – a rate of about 1.1 per 100,000.

In the US (population c. 298.5m) there were an estimated 16,137 homicides in 2004 (FBI, 2006a) – a rate of about 5.4 per 100,000. Of these, 10,654 were carried out with guns (FBI, 2006b).

Federal Bureau of Investigation (2006a). Bureau of Justice Statistics. Homicide trends in the U.S.. Long-term trends. Available from: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/totalstab.htm.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (2006). Bureau of Justice Statistics. Homicide trends in the U.S.. Weapons used. Available from http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/weaponstab.htm

Home Office (undated). ‘Homicide’ – long-term national recorded crime trends. Available from: http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/page40.asp.

now go away. thanks.

• 2 months later...

Sky sports have a story saying he is suprised to be charged and will be pleading not guilty.

My 1st opinion is that the guy being done for stabbing has suggested it was done out of revenge. But if someone hit/pushed or something to my wife id have a go at giving them a kicking but I wouldnt go as far as belting there mum and stabbing them in both legs. Sounds like its a BS accusation and the police have to follow the book to cover there ass'.

Wouldnt be suprised to see the charges dropped after an investigation. But then this whole thing is weird so prolly wouldnt be suprised if davenport takes the blame for everything including stabbing himself in the legs lol

In the UK (population c. 60.5m) there were 765 reported incidents of murder for 2005-6 (Home Office, undated) – a rate of about 1.1 per 100,000.

In the US (population c. 298.5m) there were an estimated 16,137 homicides in 2004 (FBI, 2006a) – a rate of about 5.4 per 100,000. Of these, 10,654 were carried out with guns (FBI, 2006b).

now go away. thanks.

My sentiments entirely.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Unless there is a libellous post, opinions and ideas are just that, not statements or allegations.

I, for one, have no problem with this and, seeing as how Davenport has been charged, it seems that the CPS deem there to be sufficient grounds to mount a prosecution.

Does anyone really give a toss? Really... underneath the false/misguided sentamentality?

I couldn't give a flying wotsit. Rubbish player for us. Signed by a despised manager. Symbol of a disastrous season.

Excuse me Benji, some things are even more important than football and when an innocent woman has been stabbed, I do feel pity. I would seriously worry about the mental state of anyone who didn't and I'm surprised you take such a callous tone.

Unless there is a libellous post, opinions and ideas are just that, not statements or allegations.

I, for one, have no problem with this and, seeing as how Davenport has been charged, it seems that the CPS deem there to be sufficient grounds to mount a prosecution.

Fair enough, it's your risk allowing it to be published. Legally, your justification is very dubious.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Fair enough, it's your risk allowing it to be published. Legally, your justification is very dubious.

Back in the dark old days when I was doing my Tort Law, I remember a valid defence to defamation being "Fair Comment".

That's all that is being allowed here. What a 'reasonable' man (the man on the Clapham omnibus, to paraphrase Lord Collins) might think or opine given the circumstances.

Excuse me Benji, some things are even more important than football and when an innocent woman has been stabbed, I do feel pity. I would seriously worry about the mental state of anyone who didn't and I'm surprised you take such a callous tone.

Apparently something bad happened to an innocent woman in Ecuador yesterday. Better start a thread on it.

This isn't here because a woman got stabbed it's because Calum Davenport got stabbed and has now been charged. If Davenport wasn't involved it would be in the Lounge or Muppet Show or most likely not exist as a thread at all. I was merely making the point that I'm about as interested in what Calum Davenport does or doesn't do as I am in the woman in Ecuador.

Apparently something bad happened to an innocent woman in Ecuador yesterday. Better start a thread on it.

This isn't here because a woman got stabbed it's because Calum Davenport got stabbed and has now been charged. If Davenport wasn't involved it would be in the Lounge or Muppet Show or most likely not exist as a thread at all. I was merely making the point that I'm about as interested in what Calum Davenport does or doesn't do as I am in the woman in Ecuador.

But because I didn't know the woman in Ecuador doesn't mean that if the topic of her being stabbed was raised I would make a point of telling everyone I didn't give a toss, I'd sooner keep my mouth shut.

But because I didn't know the woman in Ecuador doesn't mean that if the topic of her being stabbed was raised I would make a point of telling everyone I didn't give a toss, I'd sooner keep my mouth shut.

Fine, and I'd sooner take a stance against drippish, self-reflecting over emotionality.

Back to Atticus Finch... cheers Mush, you saved me a lot of effort I don't think I could really have been arfsed to answer, beyond saying "no, it wouldn't have happened in the US, they'd all have shot each other a long time before!".

I've been in inner City US, many years ago, and more **** scared than I've ever been in the UK. Frankly I'd be more scared in US suburbs (been there too) as well, especially with nutters like Saint George around!

• 3 weeks later...
MB was trying to give us an update on the case above.

Instead, everyone has gone off on a chuckle-spree about whether Davenport can defend set pieces ...

If I remember it, wasn't Cara Davenport (his sis) attacked as well? Has this reprobate Worrell admitted guilt for that, or just Calum and his mum?

Isn't the theory something like:

Cara was attacked by Callum (hence him being charged), and then Worrell attacked Callum and his mum in revenge?

Like I say, it's just a theory....

Then we have the tax free way too........If Callum had been living in my street or pretty much any other street around here, or the US, the guy with the knife would prolly be laying on the pavement in a pool of his own blood, after having been shot by either Callum, Callum's Mum, or a friendly neighbor....Or even a Cop come to that....yup, Cops at a crime scene within a few minutes...fancy that

Oh come on, I think we all know that's not the most likely way it would turn out in America.

More likely the bloke would turn up at Davenport's house, not with a knife but a semi automatic rifle, and gun down Callum, his mum and sister and sister's mate. Old Papa Davenport would emerge from out back with his old WW2 shotgun and blow the guy away along with a few well meaning neighbours who were in the way. At which point Cheif wiggum and a few other donut munching red neck coppers would turn up and shoot the crazy old fool.

UK outcome - man with stab wound, man arrested.

US outcome - 8 dead.

Edited by aintforever

• 7 months later...