Can we make the play off's, yes or no?

Saintmike666

Can we make the play off's, yes or no?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Can we make the play off's, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Must we have a thread like this every few days or weeks..? Thinking about it, probably yes.

On the playoff front, it isn't in a our hands just yet. If the teams above us keep doing what they are doing, we won't make the playoffs. If they don't keep doing what they are doing, then there is every chance, because I expect the lower teams of the top six to trip themselves up. After all, they have lower points totals because they have tripped up earlier in the season. It may happen again. Saints must win pretty much every game though.

And yes, it is possible.

Not going to happen unfortunately, if we were going to break in we needed to win when the others slipped up. (they've not done that much this season)

but they all did when we lost to tranmere....so that was where it ended for me.

Unlikely, but looking at the fixture list all the top still have to play each other.

Charlton have 10 games to play, including:

Huddersfield (A), MK Dons (A), Southampton (A), Huddersfield (H), Norwich (H), Leeds (H)

Swindon still have to play:

Southampton (A), Norwich (H), Leeds (A), Colchester (A), Milwall (A)

So plenty of points that will be dropped by the teams above us.

No. Simply won't happen. It has been beyond us since the Exeter draw and the way the results went against us that day. We will get close, because we will probaby win most of our games, but it won't happen. I have upped my predicted finish though from 8th to 7th.

Of course if I'm wrong I will be delighted :)

yes we can, all those above will drop points, Leeds are out of reach but something like 3 wins in twelve for them and my favourites to bomb Charlton. The pressure is on all of them to stay in the top six. With the chasing pack closing in. Hudderfield / MK Dons / Bristol Rover all went our way today. We can do it heart and head.

Importantly, we'll still have a game in hand on Swindon after we play them this Tuesday. Swindon then have to play Norwich next Saturday. It's conceivable that Saints could find themselves 10 points off the play offs with a game in hand by this time next week.

all we can do is do our best.

Yes, because I think it's out of our hands and we need too many other clubs to have a disastrous season from now on.

Call me unambitious but I feel that we have done much better than I had anticipated at the start of the season. I'm more than happy with how we have done BUT I do understand the concern about dropped points etc.

I'd hazard a guess that next season will be more productive and, hopefully, even more fun than this season.

Yes, because I think it's out of our hands and we need too many other clubs to have a disastrous season from now on.

Call me unambitious but I feel that we have done much better than I had anticipated at the start of the season. I'm more than happy with how we have done BUT I do understand the concern about dropped points etc.

I'd hazard a guess that next season will be more productive and, hopefully, even more fun than this season.

Yep I think next season is the one - the ten points and bad start (with poor team) just left too much to do this season.

Next season we will start with confidence oozing and should (hopefully) smash all b4 us.

COYR

Yes.

Anyone else enjoying this more positive Alps? Seems to have chilled out since his recent kiddies birth. Long may it continue!!

In response to the question, yes we can. It will take some damn good play from us, but we nullified everything Leeds threw at us today (which in fairness was **** all)m. Why the hell not? Also, very buoyed by NC's words earlier today.

Yes, we can mathmatically make the play-offs. This would require us to win all our remaining games, or virtually all of them if one of our play-off rivals really arses up big time.

Will we? I don't think we will. I bloody hope we do, but I think the gap is just too big. Huddersfield's recent demise gives us hope, but Tuesday's Swindon game is the real decider. Win that, and our game in hand, and I'll assess where we are then.

I'm enjoying each game as it comes at the minute, and long may that continue.