Saints 4-1 Carlisle - 2010 JPT Champions - Reaction

Block 5

My oldest 2 lads, my sister, my nephew & my dad had a cracking day. Loved every minute. MLT behind us made it even better.

I thought Saints won at a canter, but Carlisle actually played some neat tidy football at times, but simply did not have the finishing or solidity at the back we had.

Well done AP, the players & all the loyal Saints fans!!!!!

When you have 44,000 spread out like that it's always hard to get anything going except for the block you are in.

I think the acoustics of that stadium are appalling. People were singing in pockets but only a block or so away, you couldn't hear what was being sung. The only downer of the day IMO.

Great day all round.

Atmosphere was OK, Wembley is such a big stadium that it made it difficult for all the Saints' fans to get the same song going. Fair play to our mob though, the sea of red and white looked first-class, proud to be a Saint today!

As for the game itself, I don't think we were at our best by any stretch of the imagination, but with this squad we have the ability to take games by the scruff of the neck and win without playing to our full potential. Special mention to Fonte, Harding, Jaidi and Lambert who I thought were excellent throughout.

Full credit to Alan Pardew too. Today is hopefully the first big step in restoring this club to its former glory. Lets hope there are many days like today to come in the not too distant future!

COYR!

My oldest 2 lads, my sister, my nephew & my dad had a cracking day. Loved every minute. MLT behind us made it even better.

I thought Saints won at a canter, but Carlisle actually played some neat tidy football at times, but simply did not have the finishing or solidity at the back we had.

Well done AP, the players & all the loyal Saints fans!!!!!

What time did you get back?

I dropped Dave and Warren of at 18.30 and home by 18.45!

Not going to comment on the game, most would have seen it at Wembley or on the TV. What I will say is that Harding was just about my man of the match with Fonte & Jaidi close behind.

Wembley Stadium was fantastic. Sat in block 228 on level 2. Great view, seats that were padded and superb facilities. Well worth £58 plus £3 booking fee.

Shame for Carlisle as they played well in passing distribution and possession, let down by lack of ideas (& Fonte/Jaidi/Harding's defending) in front of goal and in defending.

So pleased for Pardew. He has been under immense pressure but now has "silver" as a reward. Not sure he has what it will take to get us into the Premier but a good manager and man none the less.

Well done to our supporters for turning out in the 44,000's or more. Great to be part of such a great day after what we have gone through. Who would have expected this back in those dark close season days of 2009?

Fonte was fantastic, Harding did very well at right back. Not a good performance but 4-1 and we never got out of second gear. We'll need a few wins like that away on Tuesday night next season if we are to go up as Champions :-)

Great day out though even if it is a Mickey Mouse cup!!

COYRssss

Just arrived back in Devon.. My daughter had a great day..First timer for Wembley...Great....

Great day out and a great result. Drove to Hillingdon and tube to Wembley Park..

Well done to all the Carlisle supporters as well.

Well done Saints and especially ML. NC and Pards and team.

Section 134 around me ..In good voice and enjoying the party atmosphere..

Met a few of my fellow posters around the place... Particularly Good to talk with Irishsaint with his group in the Ibis bar..What a team of Saints supporters they are.. and also a quick chat with FF and his son outside the stadium...Duncan ..you have put a little weight on old boy....Too much standing around lately..

Lallana is sheer class.......Fonte is a super star....ALL the players deserve great credit and in particular ...Wotton..Well done.... A few idiots on here who seem to slate him...The old boy worked his socks off and played his part in the win....

Well done SFC

COYRs

Edited by ottery st mary

wot a great day! was mayhem getting on the 1st train & standing in the door way for 2 hours with some mad lads was fun.getting off the train at waterloo & all the fans signing "red army" realy got me pumped up for the day. was very impressed with Wembley & thought the layout of the concourses was spot on.nice pie's as well ! realy enjoyed the whole atmosphere & admit to shedding a few tears before & after the match.had Harding as my MOTM followed by Ricky & Lallana.didn't think we played that well but who cares we won! was so proud to be a saint today!

Edited by latter day saint

Just sat through it all again on sky + and have to say that I am very proud of the team today. Although i must admit the ref missed a cast iron pen for them in the first 10 mins. Harding was immense and my mom and looking back on tv antonio had a great match..

wot a great day! was mayhem getting on the 1st train & standing in the door way for 2 hours with some mad lads was fun.getting off the train at waterloo & all the fans signing "red army" realy got me pumped up for the day. was very impressed with Wembley & thought the layout of the concourses was spot on.nice pie's as well ! realy enjoyed the whole atmosphere & admit to shedding a few tears before & after the match. was so proud to be a saint today!

They should be at that price.:rolleyes:

What a great day, loved every minuite of it. From the atmosphere on the train and the tube on the way there, to lifting the trophy at the end of it - fantastic.

Game was great - i think the scoreline flattered us slightly, but who cares??? it was just a fantastic day. Harding was my MOTM - you'd think he has been a RB for his entire career, totally fautless and he's def. 2nd in the player of the season poll for me.

so what if it's ''only'' the JPT... how good is it to see Southampton celebrating and lifting a cup? It just doesn't happen to us! Let this be the start of something, because everyone saw today what a massive club this is. The potential is enormous.

loved the stadium, i was in block 537 and the view was still excellent from all the way up there. Really easy to get in and out and had no problems queuing for anything really - top stuff.

all in all - won't forget this in a while! superb day.

When will these bloody reporters stop patronising us. 44.000 from the South Coast! Pillock! As we drove down the M54/M6/M42 this morning and back this evening there were Saints fans everywhere.I spoke to Saints from Birmingham,Manchester,Stafford,two from Edinburgh and many others inside the Stadium. It was 44.000 SAINTS at Wembley where ever they travelled from. We just turned up to support our team.Brilliant! Great to see so many Saints in one place for a change.

COYR

Unfortunately i did not go but i watched it on TV and i thought we were brilliant. Rickie, Antonio, Harding, Jaidi & Fonte were all immense! At the end it was a great feeling to know that we have won some silverware. The support was awsome as per usual & thanks to Pards, Markus & Nicola for what you have done.

Just got back as well. Good day out, caught the 8.18 from Totton which was packed to the rafters and not really that much fun after two hours. Waterloo station was amazing though - Just loved how we seemed to be everywhere.

The metropolitan pub on Baker street equally packed but a good atmosphere.

I thought the stadium was impressive but I didn't like the acoustics - couldn't hear what song was being sung and when you could it seemed all three sides were singing at different paces. However, visually it was great and despite being top tier the view was still good. Despite the acoustics the atmosphere was great.

Thought Carlisle did OK but didn't offer much up front. Once we got over the first ten minutes we were much better and Lambert seemed such a threat. We actually created some great chances without it seemed dominating possession. Seems churlish to criticise a player but Wotton didn't have the greatest of games. Thought Lallana was good in most of our best attacking moves. In some ways scoring four may have flattered us but on the other hand we had several other great chances that we didn't convert. Lallana could have had a great goal if Waigo hadn't got in the way (not his fault though!).

Anyway, great day and felt brilliant to see Saints take over the capital.

Wonderful day,my son will never forget his 13th birthday,spent at Wembley watching our team score 4 goals.Magic! Always felt we were destined to win this trophy right from that comeback v Torquay.

Nice to see Morgan and Wayne Thomas with the boys at the end.

Also well done to Pardew in getting Simon Gillett and Chris Perry on the pitch.

Only down point was the most pointless foul mouthed jerk sat behind us in Blk129 row 41.Even if I hadn't had my wife and kids with me it would have still wound me up.

From the minute we arrived at SMS and saw all the coaches lined up,and then got on our minibus and set off towards London,only to see every car that passed us decked out with Saints flags and scarfs,i knew it was going to be a great day.

The Green Man hotel was great,as was a pre match drink or three.

Wembley was awlsome,except for the queue for the toilets.

Fantastic result and i felt so proud when Saints lifted the trophy.

The only negative was the moany old git who complained all through the game about us standing up,even though we only did when we were about to score.

Today will live with me for a very long time.

Fonte or Harding motm surely? Odd feeling at wembley - slightly as if finals should be tenser occasions and football less like going to the theatre. Still, great day, and amazing to see so many Saints. Still annoying to see all those Carlisle empty seats though. Surely they could have organized it better to accomodate extra fans from our lot? Only hope my nagging feeling that Pardew will now toddle off to west ham is an erroneous one.

Loved today, brilliant. Great view from up in the Gods and wonderful turnout. Carlisle fans were sporting in defeat and their team played well in patches first half. Nice to see both teams playing decent stuff on the deck. Delighted for Antonio, great 20th birthday and surely worth a 2 year deal? This is my wife's first season as a Saints fan and wonderful to share today with her. I love this set-up, I think we could start filling up our trophy cabinet in the coming seasons.

Just back home after the celebrations. Fonte was MoM, brilliant today he just oozes class, followed by Harding who has slotted seemlessly into RB.

Fantastic day, lets hope we are back there in May =D

also credit to Carlisle fans, thought they were great, even i their team was gash

There's 40 mins of highlights on BBC2 at 10.50 tonight mate.

Indeed, just watched it again and recorded it. Might watch it again sometime !!

Not sure who'd be MOM, however, Lambert seemed to be everywhere so he might just nick it but who really cares ! A very good TEAM performance, even with so many changes we looked confident and after the 1st I thought it was just a question of how many. I've been positive about the JPT all the way through and for 45,000+ Saints fans a day to rememeber shows we were right to take it seriously IMO.

Great day, knackered. Just watched the 90 back as I was in row 6 for a different perspective and we played better than I thought orignally.

Fun day and although only the paint pot, it is only the 2nd trophy we have won in our history so enjoy it.

Other than the goal our back 4 was immense defensively.

It's where we go from here now

coyr