Matty Taylor

JustMike

With Forte and Holmes as backup to Lallana, can't see this being anything near a possibility, although to be fair it would be a good signing.

IMO you've just described two players who are completely inadequate as backup.

Holmes has consistently proved that he is made of glass. Great on his day, but has been injured for more than half his career. Can't really be relied upon just yet. And Forte, well the jury is still out but from the times I've seen him play I just don't rate him as good enough, I think it was a rather strange signing.

I'd love to have Taylor on board, he's a class player and would absolutely improve the side immeasurably. Him on the left and Lallana on the right would work well, assuming AOC does the offski.

I would be taking my season ticket back if we signed that ****.

First up we won't sign him and statements like yours are plain silly!

So when Peter Crouch signed up did you threaten the same thing?

I must add he was the last best striker we had you know!

he might be the bloke having a medical today at Stapelwood at about 10.30 if the rumours are true. I guess if they are true then will be shown off tomorrow, but I'm sure we will soon know who it is if they sign and like others have said if it is Matty Taylor, that is a quality signing

Edited by exit2

Yes, I'd be taking my season ticket back because we start buying players with proven Premier League experience (even though its only mid to bottom of the table clubs). :facepalm:

That said, its not immediately obvious where he would fit in, and I'm not sure the wages he would want would fit our structure.

You've been a forum member for 5+ years and you thought that....? ;-)

Oh, I knew there was a certain level of stupidity, absolutely. I just didn't think there were people whose knuckles dragged so low that they'd be prepared to give up £500 of hard spent cash and refuse to enjoy a pasttime they clearly enjoy just because the club have bought a very good footballer.

he's probably not gay. but does it matter if he is?

To the knuckle-dragging elite, I'm not sure which is considered worse; the fact that he's probably not gay, or that he used to play for a rival team.

It's an absolutely senseless mindset that we can have players like Crouch and Chamberlain respected in one way, while Taylor, Fuller etc get derided for previously playing for the same team (they've got no other formal ties with the city either). So small minded.

Sh!t ex-skate, no thanks.

Ffs, does that really matter. Crouch, Horne, Fuller and others were too.

He's a good player. Would offer options down the left, and free up AL to play central or down the right.