VIDEO: Contractor plants Pompey shirt in wall at new Staplewood complex

Saint-Armstrong

Probably not technically sacked as I guess they were probably temps anyway who will be working and ****ing up some other building site next week.

of course it's not nice when someone loses their jobs. But when it's a skate , sentiment goes out the window. So LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In what way did it personally offend or disgrace somebody, hurt someone's feelings, the club's image, or have any long-term effect on the club and/or its aspirations?

I'm on the contractor's side and praise him for being a good sport. :thumbup:

That would be the skate perspective naturally....

Why do some of you take gloating pleasure out of their dismissal from the job ?

They are morons, who are consumed by jealousy. They are prats. But I bet they have innocent families that will suffer from the loss of income.

FFS, stop stooping to their level. We are better than that.

Agree with this. Apart from the "we are better than that" part, in certain instances.

If I pistoff a customer of the company I worked for I would expect to be disciplined

If I put a major contract in jeopardy and courted bad publicity for the company's future prospects I would expect to be summarily dismissed

Not a difficult one is it?

Its not at all. But the schadenfreude on display here is almost as bad as what they did.

I haven't seen this contract, obviously, but I would be very surprised if there isn't a "no publicity" clause in the Main Contract between SFC and the Main Contractor. Filming on the site and then publishing the footage to the public without the owner's consent would be a breach of that term.

The Main Contractor seems to be trying to mitigate the damage to protect himself. He is responsible for the actions of any idiots on the site, and exposed to claims from Saints.

Its deliberately ambiguous. "Disciplined by the sub contractor and basically sacked" most likely means they've been bollocked and moved to a different site imo. Sacked from the Saints site, yes, sacked from the sub contractor, I doubt it.

As someone pointed out putting anything inside the wall that isn't meant to be there is a big no no in construction, it compromises the fire rating of the wall in question and therefore the whole structure. obviously doesn't conform to building regs either. Can't believe anyone on here wants to defend them. It was a stupid prank to play, totally pointless. Even stupider to film and then put it on youtube.

Referring to your client as 'scum' isn't particularly wise either. The contractor would have had no choice but to dismiss them from the site. Whether the subby keeps them employed is up to them, but I seriously doubt they would be retaining their services if they wanted to work for Leadbitter ever again

If I was one of their fans I would want to bury my shirt as well and if they wish to pay homage to us by burying their shirts at Staplewood then that is fine by me. So many to teams get buried at Staplewood it would be a good symbol of them being permantly buried so it is a shame that the shirt has been removed. It was a desperate attempt to prolong the rivelry which it is difficult to see continuing in any meaningful way given their lowly status. Perhaps they should turn their attention to teams closer to their level like Eastleigh say.

They are morons, who are consumed by jealousy. They are prats. But I bet they have innocent families that will suffer from the loss of income.

Rottenecards_7848390_cw5sy2rfhf.png

Their jobs will not go out of existence - they will be taken by other people with "innocent families that have suffered from the loss of income". These jokers will hopefully have learned to do unto others as they would have them do unto themselves...

Danish people seem to expect that you can joke about anything no matter how grave the subject. Every year we hear stories about Danish families being withheld by airport security, because dad thought it would be funny to joke about a bomb in his bag. Afterwards he's equally embarrassed and angry because the family is not going to Tenerife because he couldn't understand when to just shut up. Sometimes there are situations and circumstances that dictate that we should act professionally - and if we decide to break the rules in the name of humour then we have to be ready to face the consequences...

There was a rumour about a Pompey shirt underneath the centre circle of St. Mary's. From what I know it's never been documented or confirmed - it may or may not be true. The two guys in this case could have done the same - their mistake was to put in on Youtube for all to see. That forced their employers to act whether they wanted to or not...

Seeing you berating others for over-reacting is a bit funny. On a more positive note, I hope you will carry this level-headedness and laissez faire attitude over to other threads on this board :)

There was a rumour about a Pompey shirt underneath the centre circle of St. Mary's. From what I know it's never been documented or confirmed - it may or may not be true. The two guys in this case could have done the same - their mistake was to put in on Youtube for all to see. That forced their employers to act whether they wanted to or not...

Nail on the head.

If they'd just shown it around to people at the pub and then kept it private the legend would have been there, they'd have got the bragging rights, the shirt would probably still be there, and they'd not have endangered their livelihoods.

Noobs.

What did they expect? If someone goes to work for a company and then advertises another company at that work place then there will always be one outcome. Like someone on another forum said. It is like someone working at Tesco's taking in a Asda poster and sticking it up on the wall. Some might look at it and laugh, might say what banter! But the brass in charge will never be happy with anything like that. Lesson learned is prank your mates not a company.

Thats their remit, if they are going to be that level of prat gloating on youtube etc then they cant ask for any more than to be removed from their positions

Idiots

Including the metal work etc. seems extreme but it has all been at their cost.
I've just been reading through the bloke's tweets and he doesn't say that the removal/make good costs are at his expense, just that he has been told he won't be paid for the work he undertook.

I've just been reading through the bloke's tweets and he doesn't say that the removal/make good costs are at his expense, just that he has been told he won't be paid for the work he undertook.

Sorry, misread this tweet

@MichaelTylerJnr: @whcallum well its been put right now and at our expense. So hopefully thats it.

Sorry, misread this tweet

@MichaelTylerJnr: @whcallum well its been put right now and at our expense. So hopefully thats it.

I missed that one, strange he still seems quite smug,as if that's true would have cost a fortune for a couple of self-employed dry wallers.

should have thought about that before a) doing it and b) sticking it all over social media sites

I missed that one, strange he still seems quite smug,as if that's true would have cost a fortune for a couple of self-employed dry wallers.

He wont be smug when he discovers he has been blacklisted from all major construction firms and all major infrastructural projects in the UK for the rest of his career.

I am personally ensuring this happens, once you are on the list (there are over a dozen used by the majors), you dont come off:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22817084

I dont need to bother as the Don and Cook of Leadbitter will ensure this happens regardless of my input, however I will see this through for the good of the industry, the publics safety and for SFC.

The skate is finished.

He wont be smug when he discovers he has been blacklisted from all major construction firms and all major infrastructural projects in the UK for the rest of his career.

I am personally ensuring this happens, once you are on the list (there are over a dozen used by the majors), you dont come off:

I dont need to bother as the Don and Cook of Leadbitter will ensure this happens regardless of my input, however I will see this through for the good of the industry, the publics safety and for SFC.

The skate is finished.

Good lord :uhoh:

The skate is finished.

Do you ever question the meaningfulness of your life?

The skate is finished.

OTT no ?

It's a pretty sad day when a working man losses his job over a prank as harmless as this - a sign of the times I suppose.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/10551616.Builders_sacked_for_Pompey_shirt_prank_at_Saints__training_ground/

Not at all, if I filmed myself at work calling my company's clients scum and posted it on the internet I would be sacked.

I don't mind the whole thing so much, although I would have preferred that the shirt & scarf were still being worn by a Pompey supporter when they were walled up.

Best post so far!

However, the clanging of the bell and the waist-high bulge in the wall would've given the game away well before the video appeared.

If they had innocent families that will suffer from the loss of income, the workers should have been professional and respected the fact they have a family to support. Instead, they acted unprofessionally and, potentially, put their careers and family at risk.

I think everyone can take a joke and see the funny side - even moreso if it was the other way around I'm sure - but when somebody acts unprofessionally they deserve to be disciplined. In this case they did so, bragged by showing it off on YouTube, put the companys good name at risk and suffered the consequences.

What part of that should we be feeling sorry for? If I did something to put my family at risk I wouldn't expect your sympathy.

I have no particular desire to see them lose their livelihood but if they thought, when they posted it on youtube, that there would be no fall out from it then they must have a combined IQ less than their shoe size.

Do you ever question the meaningfulness of your life?

Getting a bite from a mid 30s nomark salesman troll whose entire life is consumed by his mongboard (20k posts, loser) gives me plenty of meaning... and if you ever make it into the big leagues, which you wont with your small time, mongboard addicted attitude, you will understand that sackings and such manouvres happen all the time and their is no sentiment in big business for skate mugs like this... its a dog world, he is going to learn an incredibly tough lesson from this and so will those who depend on him. So laugh, move on and be greatful he hasnt cost dozens of men their livelihoods (you can thank the Don for that).

The fans who worry about such things have made them heroes. They will have no problem finding work and will be local celebs. We should take a lesson and just laugh off such things in the future, as it doesnt matter.

It is funny, I have joked with my singular skate mate about. However, I am pleased to confirm that the skate is not getting paid, he IS being invoiced for all repairs and the new work, he IS banned from Leadbitter and IS now blacklisted from all major construction firms and government infrastructural projects.

Yes he may dine out on the video and the sacking story in palmerston road for a few weeks but all he is going to get work wise are basic local jobs, and local portsea work is effectively on the same pay level as a supermarket checkout assistant.

LOL

Getting a bite from a mid 30s nomark salesman troll whose entire life is consumed by his mongboard (20k posts, loser) gives me plenty of meaning... and if you ever make it into the big leagues, which you wont with your small time, mongboard addicted attitude, you will understand that sackings and such manouvres happen all the time and their is no sentiment in big business for skate mugs like this... its a dog world, he is going to learn an incredibly tough lesson from this and so will those who depend on him. So laugh, move on and be greatful he hasnt cost dozens of men their livelihoods (you can thank the Don for that).

It is funny, I have joked with my singular skate mate about. However, I am pleased to confirm that the skate is not getting paid, he IS being invoiced for all repairs and the new work, he IS banned from Leadbitter and IS now blacklisted from all major construction firms and government infrastructural projects.

Yes he may dine out on the video and the sacking story in palmerston road for a few weeks but all he is going to get work wise are basic local jobs, and local portsea work is effectively on the same pay level as a supermarket checkout assistant.

LOL

It ain't me who seems to have bitten pal. :lol:

LOL

One has to wonder with an attitude like yours exactly what sort of big business your involved in ?

Cleaning the council toilets probably doesnt count

Just in from the News comments section...

Fact remains that the vast majority of Southampton's fanbase are posh, snooty, pretentious and obviously can't take a joke. They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer either, a bit like the Fast Show's "Tim, nice but dim"!

We're posh, haha. 'kin 'ell, never had that one thrown at us from anywhere south of Rochdale

Just in from the News comments section...

Fact remains that the vast majority of Southampton's fanbase are posh, snooty, pretentious and obviously can't take a joke. They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer either, a bit like the Fast Show's "Tim, nice but dim"!

We're posh, haha. 'kin 'ell, never had that one thrown at us from anywhere south of Rochdale

Thick f*cks. Tim nice but dim was a Harry Enfield character.

One has to wonder with an attitude like yours exactly what sort of big business your involved in ?

Cleaning the council toilets probably doesnt count

You think a successful businessman would have more to think about than a crusade in getting a manual worker banned from construction sites wouldn't you.