VIDEO: Contractor plants Pompey shirt in wall at new Staplewood complex

Saint-Armstrong

Oh no! We're dead certs for relegation now due to the demoralising effect of this cunning prank, those pesky pescophiles have really got one over on us.

I've heard that some mackerel molesting tradesmen pulled the same trick when doing some work on Rupert Lowe's house several years ago, which almost certainly led to our last relegation etc.

Although being serious now, god knows what must be buried at Fratton if such things do have an effect!

Doing it is one thing but you've got to be really stupid to post a video of it that's for sure - it's probably going to cost the contractors a lot of money and quite possibly some jobs - and maybe not just dum and summer

Be careful how annoyed you get. Imagine this: You don't actually see the wall get closed so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they took the stuff out after filming finished. We get all indignant and insist on these people getting punished and their bosses kicked off site only to, later, remove the wall section to find nothing. How would that make us look? A lot worse IMHO. What a wheeze that would be for them.

Be careful how annoyed you get. Imagine this: You don't actually see the wall get closed so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they took the stuff out after filming finished. We get all indignant and insist on these people getting punished and their bosses kicked off site only to, later, remove the wall section to find nothing. How would that make us look? A lot worse IMHO. What a wheeze that would be for them.

If nothing else they have published it on youtube where they refer to their employers as scum.....that in itself should result in problems.

No, its extremely unprofessional and pathetic. It also tarnishes the reputation of whichever company they work for if it hits the press, which is now likely.

Most employers would take disciplinary action in such incidents, possibly even sacking those involved. It appears from Jordan Sibley's response the club aren't happy - and rightly so.

For any Pompey fan reading this, imagine if it were the other way round (hard to imagine Pompey spending multi millions on infrastructure I know!) but how would you feel? Be honest.

Quite right MLG. This wasn't in none of those mock ups was it? If we let this slide, think what they'll do to the sandcruizer at stadium expansion time!

Just for the record that shirt is from their last Prem season, '09/10... surprised he's giving it away seeing as it's probably the last one most of their "fans" saw them wear.

Can't say I'm bothered, I'm just bewildered at how obsessed they are, and insistent on clinging to a rivalry that's basically nothing to us again now, amused that they're still desperate enough to take our money whilst slating the people paying them, and amused by how stupid they are to 1) reveal it now and 2) broadcast it when they're probably still employed there.

Edited by The9

Lighten up people. Probably will get sacked but get some perspective as still just a joke.

What sort of moral code do you think most builders have? oh they called us scum in the title - ooh how offensive.

Not really fussed either way. It just shows how obsessed they are with us and highlights their inferiority complex that they try to "hide" a shirt in a complex they can only dream of.

That said, putting a video up when you've probably not been paid yet and could get the sack is unbelievably dumb...

No doubt they'll be touted as heroes for a right good slumming... Which says it all really.

Tbf they're probably just getting their own back because it was said the same thing happened when the fartton end was rebuilt and some Southampton contractors said they'd done the same thing with a Saints shirt in their 'Victory Lounge', afterall the skate shirt under the SMS centre spot proved to be a fantasy.

What I find more disturbing is the thick, dirty, pikey appears to have 'relieved' himself over the shirt before hanging it up. Disgusting.

I couldn't give a toss, would actually think it was quite amusing if the roles were reversed.

So not going to get my knickers in a twist over it.

Still, hope he falls off his ladder tomorrow though. But thats cos he is a skate and I wish bad things on all skates.

Calm down, dears! I find it funny how indignant some of you get over a prank. I can guarantee that if the chance came for the situation to be reversed, we would be laughing our socks off! As for wanting men to get the sack, get a life!

Glad there's some common sense posts after the initial mouth-frothing reaction last night.

One of my mates reckons Saints have the most precious bunch of fans on twitter. You can see why.

This. Rather than laugh at the sheer idiocy of it, or at how Pompey fans have to mask their jealousy of a club that can afford its own training ground by conducting such a "prank", we end up with a number of over the top internet reactionaries demanding a man (idiot) loses his living. Pretty predictable but nonetheless sad. The skate journo got one thing right; "uptight".

Glad there's some common sense posts after the initial mouth-frothing reaction last night.

One of my mates reckons Saints have the most precious bunch of fans on twitter. You can see why.

Learned a long, long time ago - don't get mad, get even.

Or, better still, three leagues above. :D

No, its extremely unprofessional and pathetic. It also tarnishes the reputation of whichever company they work for if it hits the press, which is now likely.

Most employers would take disciplinary action in such incidents, possibly even sacking those involved. It appears from Jordan Sibley's response the club aren't happy - and rightly so.

For any Pompey fan reading this, imagine if it were the other way round (hard to imagine Pompey spending multi millions on infrastructure I know!) but how would you feel? Be honest.

Oh they'd spend it alright ...if they could get someone stupid enough to lend it to them. :rolleyes:

lol, if ever you needed to prove that some of them are very very dim and you find it there. i would only be concerned about the stench rather than having a Pompey shirt in hiding. in fact since their fall from grace all their shirts are in hiding. Stuck in wardrobes never to be brought out again until they win something

I think it's nice that a small part of Pompey will be part of the great success that will be Southampton Football Club.

Let's be honest, that's the only glory they will ever get now.

Let them have their 5 minutes. we can juts look down at them from the lofty heights of the Premiership with amug look on our faces.

And to put it in context, there are, within the home changing rooms of the Majeski standium, the following football team based memorabilia:

Saints x 3, Middlesborough, Brighton, Liverpool x 5 (or 6), Man U, Chesterfield, Bournemouth, Leicester, Lincoln, Arsenal x 3, Munster, Alencon, some German ones that I can't remember and an Aussie Wallabies Rugby Jersey. And a Pompey shirt.

I know, I was there, (but none of it was mine, by the way). I'm assuming that the 2 scouse and 1 Walsall turds were removed from the communal bath by now.

So it's not like it's unique or hasn't been done before. Old News, really.

Oh no! We're dead certs for relegation now due to the demoralising effect of this cunning prank, those pesky pescophiles have really got one over on us.

I've heard that some mackerel molesting tradesmen pulled the same trick when doing some work on Rupert Lowe's house several years ago, which almost certainly led to our last relegation etc.

Although being serious now, god knows what must be buried at Fratton if such things do have an effect!

It's so long since any work was done at Fratton, that anything buried there most be positively prehistoric...........