VIDEO: Contractor plants Pompey shirt in wall at new Staplewood complex

Saint-Armstrong

Im not bothered by what he did, i think its the fact he was dumb enough to film him and a mate mugging off their employers then posting it on the internet for eveyone to see, including his employers that got me most. Got what thye deserve IMO. We can all slack off and horse around on the job but those of us with half a brain cell wouldnt film/document it then display it somewhere for our bosses to see.

I don't do sanctimony or preciousness, and I'm certainly not easily offended. If it had stopped at the shirt and scarf then I'd call it a bad joke or over-the-top banter. But the guy's commentary was said with such hate and vitriol, I'm glad the skate **** has lost his job.

Agreed. People like Kraken trying to take moral high ground is pants. It's clearly unacceptable and stupid by the idiot concerned. I hope the company retain the work and that cockle is fired.

But that's the point. It wasn't light hearted. It hasn't upset or annoyed me, but I do take enjoyment from the fact the nasty little sh*t is gonna lose his job for it.

The fact he lost his job is the most amusing part for me, not particularly bothered about the prank that caused it. Imagine the discussions this dumb skate will be having with his wife, family etc, having to explain to his colleagues how they have all lost months of employment and then having to tell them all why... LOL.

I dont get why people are getting indignant about 'a man losing his job'... it was his choice to do what he did and now there is nothing we can do but howl with laughter and the dumbest skate in town.

LOL.

It is the truth indeed... Just got planning approval for one scheme and just finished some feasibility work on Thursday for another.

Nice view from your offices!

Can't redesign the badge as I left my crayons in the office! Sorry!

Fair enough, should be plenty more coming, we've got some massive projects in the pipeline. I just can't get my head round a multi national conglomerate worth billions having such a ****e logo!

How do we know he has lost his job and that it has even been taken any higher than a few people getting their knickers in a twist on here?

People have completely lost the point on this.

Forget the Pompey angle, forget it is Southampton FC, forget what was shown to be left in the wall.

I am only assuming here but the contractor pitched for the work and won it. In their proposal they would have probably used words, like 'professional' and 'quality' more than a few times to underline why they should win the contract.

They won it.

Senior people at you customer (managers, directors, etc) and their customers see the YouTube post.

Do you think this is professional and shows your business in a good light to your existing and potential customers?

When the YouTube video is seen do you think the likelihood of winning further contracts with new customers would be:

a/ enhanced?

b/ diminished?

Finally, if you had some extension work completed on your house and later on saw a video of someone doing something equally as 'harmless' and 'jokey' during the building work, how would you react?

The actually shirt and act means nothing to me. I couldn't care less but as a person who works in new business/business development I know how hard it is to win new customers and keep them, and having done this job for a while I am so pleased to say I will be retiring this Friday, it is b**tard of a job.

This is an act of utter f**kwittery up to '11' regardless of Portsmouth FC, Southampton FC and the reaction of the forum - it has nothing to do with being precious or high-handed.

Im not bothered by what he did, i think its the fact he was dumb enough to film him and a mate mugging off their employers then posting it on the internet for eveyone to see, including his employers that got me most. Got what thye deserve IMO. We can all slack off and horse around on the job but those of us with half a brain cell wouldnt film/document it then display it somewhere for our bosses to see.

This

I'm not taking it seriously, quite the opposite. I will just be laughing my nuts off if the skate c*nt loses his job.

And this

I'm not taking it seriously, quite the opposite. I will just be laughing my nuts off if the skate c*nt loses his job.

1000% THIS! Those stupid knobheads would be doing exactly the same. We're not being dickheads or overreacting at all... we're just taking the p!ss out of the fact there could be some sackings. The skates would be doing exactly the bloody same - no two ways about that one. We're not coming across as a bunch of sissy's or anything like that. Those that are suggesting we are worry me greatly! Don't be getting so bloody soft on them lot down the road. F**K THEM!

Nice one Skate, the Skate shirt gets burried just like the club...dead and burried.

Shirts at Saints grounds or locations make no differance as Southampton FC are still the top club in Hampshire..always have been and always will be.

Skates cant see Saints fans on Reconnaissance with thier Saints shirts on at Fratton Park and thats more of an achivement and wind up. 1984 cup game and 1990s games fans all in Pompey ends too....sha la la la la who`s fukin laughing now!

It's hilarious really. I mean, imagine that. Hiding a shirt where no-one will ever see it. I think it's the best prank ever played.

Just imagine when at some point in the near future when we, like other football teams suffer a dip in form. It will all be due to that shirt!

Seriously unprofessional and stupid from the builder though.... hope he is able to explain to his family why they will be struggling for a bit.

Just imagine when at some point in the near future when we, like other football teams suffer a dip in form. It will all be due to that shirt!

Seriously unprofessional and stupid from the builder though.... hope he is able to explain to his family why they will be struggling for a bit.

:facepalm:

It was a joke!!

:facepalm:

Of course it was; it was also unprofessional and thoroughly f*cking stupid.

In what way did it personally offend or disgrace somebody, hurt someone's feelings, the club's image, or have any long-term effect on the club and/or its aspirations?

I'm on the contractor's side and praise him for being a good sport. :thumbup:

In what way did it personally offend or disgrace somebody, hurt someone's feelings, the club's image, or have any long-term effect on the club and/or its aspirations?

Or more than likely, you're a skate sticking up for your 'boys'....

In what way did it personally offend or disgrace somebody, hurt someone's feelings, the club's image, or have any long-term effect on the club and/or its aspirations, or deposit flammable material inside the wall of a building, causing a potential ticking bomb!

Fool!!

Well being as, according to the club spokesman, the person involved was banned from the site I imagine someone felt some effect. Being as the likely outcome is that the work will have been undone and made good at the contractor's expense, I'd hazard a guess that it was fairly unprofessional stuff to cause your employer such unnecessary expense and poor advertising. Being as its perhaps unlikely that that company will be retained in future, the long term effect on the company is not a positive one.

Being as he's a Pompey fan I guess there's a few on here who wouldn't be surprised to hear that. It's one thing to try out a poor wind-up; I'm still amazed at the utter stupidity of all the hassle he's caused himself by filming it and publishing it before the works have been signed off and paid. What a complete helmet.

Edited by The Kraken

No one has even considered whether these items conform to building regs and fire regs. Unfortunately owners are liable if building specs do not conform to safety regulations. In my opinion meant as a prank but regrettably this cannot be ignored and the builders will be charged for their removal and the offenders fired. As many have said going public demonstrates as much intelligence as a brain fart. Still from the effluent city what can you expect.

Unprofessional and pathetic. Lets hope their employers throw the book at them.

What will happen, is the club will be at pains to point out that the construction is not in line with the design, nor as the club wanted. The contractor will be forced to make right the construction at cost to no-one but themselves.. and the god help the fools who did it.

Would imagine if it goes that far, which the club have the right to do, then they will face a substantial law suit.

To put this into context, I remember a So'ton firm from Shirley getting the job of supplying and installing a full length wall to wall mirror in the P****y board room, the lads were I believe from Swathling and the first thing they did was borrow some paint from the painter and write completely across the wall where the mirror was to be installed ''Harry is a c***'. They then went to install the mirror only to find it was an inch too long for the room, After phoning their office for advise and being told to bring it back they then had to borrow some more paint and cover up their handy-work before anyone noticed.

I also worked on the building of our Stadium and all the dri-liners were skates and they took great delight in telling me and my mates that they had put scarfs and shirts in the walls there, more money than sense was our attitude.

Because Barr, the main contractor was from Glasgow, all football shirts were banned from being worn on any of their sites due to the Celtic/Rangers fans they employed, the bricklayers were all from P***** and they got round this by having the star and sickle embossed as part of the firms' identification on their hi-viz jackets which did annoy us as we weren't allowed to wear our colours/crest on our own Stadium, but we weren't as annoyed as the 'hoddies' who were all local lads and also had to wear these hi-viz jackets, mind you they would get their own back on these Skate brickies by ******ing in the 'muck' that they had to fetch for them.

If mobile phone cameras had been around in those days I'm sure these sorts of videos would have been far more common.

It's a pretty sad day when a working man losses his job over a prank as harmless as this - a sign of the times I suppose.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/10551616.Builders_sacked_for_Pompey_shirt_prank_at_Saints__training_ground/

Right, but in any job there are standards expected and a level of professionalism expected.

If you work for a building company who have a contract with Southampton football club to build new facilities, what is the single biggest faux pas you could possibly make, causing the most professional embarrassment possible? Can you think of anything they could've done that would've been worse working for said company at said location? And to make it public, what utter morons.

I don't have any sympathy and really don't see how their employers could've done anything but sack them on the spot.

It's not exactly small scale, you are working for a premier league football club and you act on behalf of their biggest rivals and film yourself ****ing up a building job. It's one of the fiercest rivalries in the country.

They couldn't have expected anything different if they were caught. And they practically handed themselves in. Well done chaps.

You couldn't slide down 4 divisions with any more utter ineptitude.

Right, but in any job there are standards expected and a level of professionalism expected.

If you work for a building company who have a contract with Southampton football club to build new facilities, what is the single biggest faux pas you could possibly make, causing the most professional embarrassment possible? Can you think of anything they could've done that would've been worse working for said company at said location? And to make it public, what utter morons.

I don't have any sympathy and really don't see how their employers could've done anything but sack them on the spot.

It's not exactly small scale, you are working for a premier league football club and you act on behalf of their biggest rivals and film yourself ****ing up a building job. It's one of the fiercest rivalries in the country.

They couldn't have expected anything different if they were caught. And they practically handed themselves in. Well done chaps.

You couldn't slide down 4 divisions with any more utter ineptitude.

quote-nonsense-wakes-up-the-brain-cells-and-it-helps-develop-a-sense-of-humor-which-is-awfully-dr-seuss-266023.jpg

It's a pretty sad day when a working man losses his job over a prank as harmless as this - a sign of the times I suppose.

So if you hired a company to build an extension on your house, two of the builders found out you were a Saints fan and did the same will a wall in your house and then posted a video of it slagging you off on youtube - you'd just laugh it off? It is gross misconduct, unprofessional and brings the reputation of the company that employed them into disrepute.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/10551616.Builders_sacked_for_Pompey_shirt_prank_at_Saints__training_ground/

i run my own business and can absolutley sayb that if one of my team behaved in this manor at one of my clients he would be gone by the end of the day. no question

i run my own business and can absolutley sayb that if one of my team behaved in this manor at one of my clients he would be gone by the end of the day. no question

Where's your sense of humour?

Charlie would be roaring with laughter if it was his business. Nothing as funny as employees of supplier publicly and vocally abusing a customer. It's hilarious. Doctor Seuess said so or something.

The whole episode has been a hilarious diversion in a boring interlude between last season and the next, so I thank these two modern day Laurel and Hardys for entertaining us. It would be nice to imagine one of the culprits turning to the other following their sacking and saying "Here's another fine mess you got us into, Dave"

The episode doesn't do much to lessen the stereotypical image of some Skates, that many of them are bit thick.

Why do some of you take gloating pleasure out of their dismissal from the job ?

They are morons, who are consumed by jealousy. They are prats. But I bet they have innocent families that will suffer from the loss of income.

FFS, stop stooping to their level. We are better than that.