Rickie Lambert called up for England

Saint-Armstrong

Can you please stop posting the pictures. I am meant to be working from home today but find myself disappearing off for 2 minutes (and that's being generous) by myself every time a new picture get posted :)

I'll be in the UK in 2 days time and have tickets for the Moldova game. It'd be a dream if he plays and if he scores I don't know what I'll do.

I said to my girlfriend as we got the corner, "watch this, Rickie's going to score with his first touch", didn't think it would actually ****ing happen though! Don't think I've celebrated an England goal like that since Becks against Greece.

I'll never forget the moment Rickie scored his first goal for England.............I was telling my daughter over the phone that for her open university project she might want to do a Mary Shelly/Bram Stoker comparison........She thought I was magic.....I am just annoyed at her for making me miss all this live! :(

Well, that was pretty fcking marvellous. What a story ! :)

I squeaked like a guinea pig when the header went in, went head to toe in goosebumps and then started yelling general swear words about how the ball should "get in". Suppose this means I'm no longer just ambivalent to all Saints players. :D

Edited by The9

Yeah, basically saying "He's gone, but I want to make it sound like a tough decision".

Anyone else notice how p*ssed off he looked after Lambert scored? Looked like he was thinking "Well that backfired".

Yeah! Shades of Ian Branfoot in the Newcastle game when Matty came on and scored those two magnificent goals. "What have I done?:mcinnes:"!

Wey, hey, just back, slightly.. er.. relaxed from a social club to the East of Portsmouth with some Scottish friends and some very nice Summer Lightening. I made a bit of noise (!) and my friends pointed out [nicely], "she's a scummer", but the locals agreed he was worth his place and a good player.. Who wrote that flaming script? So, so pleased for RL.

Buzzing!

Is it just me or is this the first time all the England players looks so genuinley pleased for a goal scorer. First time in ages I have jumped in the air to celebrate an England friendley goal. Great stuff Rickie, and for the mention of thanks to SFC. True legend material now, if ever doubted by some.

Is it just me or is this the first time all the England players looks so genuinley pleased for a goal scorer. First time in ages I have jumped in the air to celebrate an England friendley goal. Great stuff Rickie, and for the mention of thanks to SFC. True legend material now, if ever doubted by some.

Said exactly the same thing, the players seemed to go a little extra mental compared to the other two goals.

Cheers Trousers :)

Has any other player scored in all four divisions (in order) and then for England?

Not unless Rob Earnshaw scored an international own goal against England at some point. Steve Bull never scored in the top division I don't think, but he did the rest.

Decided to buy tickets after hearing Lambert was called up, went with 4 other mates who are saints fans.

What an incredible moment to witness live, one of the goals i've celebrated most live too.

So proud to see someone who has risen with the club, Lambert is such a legend.

Thanks for all the fotos and reports. Been in Houston all week and currently at the airport waiting for a seriously delayed flight home. Been some unbelievable storms and rainfall here this evening that caused chaos.

Rickie has really cheered me up. What an evening.

And thanks gin fellow saints fans for all the up to date info

woy: "he's been so enthusiastic. He's been like a young boy with a new toy ever since he joined us.like

"we believe in him. Funnily enough, when he came on the first thing gary neville said to me was that he's going to get us a goal. He almost got us three! He certainly got us a very good one and was very close to two others.

"i'm deighted for him. He's a man who's worked very hard for his chance and done it the hard way. Now he's crowned his debut with a goal.

"i think the 15 premier league goals he scored last season told us a lot. Technically he's a very good player, and he's got great composure in front of goal as we saw today.

"i'm happy for him, and happy that his goal gave us the victory."

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8870916/international-friendly-roy-hodgson-hails-england-hero-rickie-lambert

like!

Nice interview with Oxlade-Chamberlain here, after the Gerrard interview who also spoke highly of Mr Lambert.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2393811/England-3-Scotland-2-Joe-Hart-makes-howler-Rickie-Lambert-saves-England--match-report.html

Halfway down

Edit: And the great man himself at 7mins 35secs

Edited by niceandfriendly

Woke up. Remembered. Smiled.

i would imagine that most Saints fans would have woken up this morning feeling like we had won the World cup!

Our Rickie picked at last, comes onto the pitch in a game where the term friendly can hardly be used, and shows everyone what all of us Saints fans have been treated to and know he can do. Anyone who has met him knows what a guinely nice chap he is, which makes the moment even more special.

For pure emotion of the moment for me, even though he wasn't wearing a Saints shirt, it's up there with Bobby Stokes, and Mattys last goal at the Dell.

Cheers Rickie, you put a stupid grin on all our faces yet again!

Edited by John Boy Saint
Stupid fingers

He seemed to fit in really well, scored, and also got into great goal scoring postions. He saw quite a lot of the ball as well. I thought back to Crouch's debut and remembered how out of place he looked, almost as though he was last pick in the school playground and no one wanted him in the side. With Rickie it couldn't have been different. He must have fared well in training and gelled with the other players.

Great site on the tube this morning. People sat/stood everywhere reading the metro with Rickie’s face on the back cover every direction I looked in :)

Passed a group of 8 or 9 Scots outside a pub on Kings Cross Road yesterday lunchtime, bekilted and beered-up and shouting good humoured banter at passers by. I engaged them for a little while, and left them with a prophetic warning... "Beware Rickie Lambert Southampton's finest".

My ego hopes that they were discussing my warning at the final whistle.

It's a little sad that it seems such a novelty that someone is excited and proud to pull on the England shirt.

FFS that is the reason I haven't bothered watching an England game recently. actually only started watching last night when the board here said he'd come on.

I'll never forget the moment Rickie scored his first goal for England.............I was telling my daughter over the phone that for her open university project she might want to do a Mary Shelly/Bram Stoker comparison........She thought I was magic.....I am just annoyed at her for making me miss all this live! :(

Well, if you'd brought her up properly she'd have been glued to the tele ;)

Only joking, moments spent with your children are more magic than any Rickie goals.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})