Sundays Games

Batman

Spurs look shambolic. If Newcastle really want this, they could get a couple here.

Spurs look a little ''round pegs, square holes'' this year. Trying to fit all the new players in at once, that's why loads of new signings may be exciting in the boring summer months, but it's not a particularly good policy for success.

Performance of the weekend from Krul. 90mins now, still 0-1 to Newcastle. Looks like we'll be staying top 4 for the international break.

Fingers crossed now for Sunderland and that we stay in the top 3. We want to avoid those pesky Champions League playoffs now don't we. ;)

How are people feeling about the arsenal game? A draw is probably best in the long run, fewer points shared out by our rivals. A man it'd win means top spot is possible next game, but puts united back in the hunt to overtake us too. Arsenal win keeps united out of it and top spot is pretty unlikely anyway.

i'd prefer a draw.

Throwing this one out there, despite having had such a big impact on England qualifying for the World Cup, Andros Townsend won't go to Brazil.

Agreed. Was saying the same. He's a one trick pony. Lallana on the other hand.......

How are people feeling about the arsenal game? A draw is probably best in the long run, fewer points shared out by our rivals. A man it'd win means top spot is possible next game, but puts united back in the hunt to overtake us too. Arsenal win keeps united out of it and top spot is pretty unlikely anyway.

i'd prefer a draw.

Behave, we are not challenging for the title. An arsenal win would definitely be the best result for us as it leaves utd a few points behind. If the pressure builds on them, as it will, it's not completely beyond the realms of possibility that we could finish higher than them, but only if they crack (which an arsenal win might help). Even then it's an outside shout at best, these are still not really our rivals. Great times, but let's not be silly, hey?

A very exciting prospect:

City fail to beat Sunderland away

United beat Arsenal by 2

Liverpool fail to beat Everton away

We beat Arsenal

Certainly all possible though the last of those is perhaps the least likely BUT,

if that does happen... We'll be sat top of the Premier League following the next league weekend. Unthinkably good!

United beat Arsenal by 2

We beat Arsenal

Certainly all possible though the last of those is perhaps the least likely BUT,

if that does happen... We'll be sat top of the Premier League following the next league weekend. Unthinkably good!

Well, that could be on! Mackems 1-0 Citeh

i'd prefer a draw.

I don't think we should be interfering in other teams problems. Just let them destroy each other.

I can't get over the fact that I'm sitting here on my own, grinning like an idiot, rooting for teams to do us a favour by beating Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs rather than Palace, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Cardiff etc.

It's still taking a bit of getting used-to, but I'll deal with it.

I can't get over the fact that I'm sitting here on my own, grinning like an idiot, rooting for teams to do us a favour by beating Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs rather than Palace, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Cardiff etc.

It's still taking a bit of getting used-to, but I'll deal with it.

Me too, my Bolton supporting mate and I were talking about man u v ars and I said I wanted utd to win even though I hate them with a passion. He said why theyre scum. I said coz we will be one win off top of the league if arsenal get beat lol. Hoping big teams drop pts is surreal.

United beat Arsenal by 2

We beat Arsenal

I like your thinking. I'll def have a pint of that. Man Utd to win will do. We can beat Arsenal by more than 1 to go top.

Like others have said this is all a bit weird. Wanting top teams to lose cos it matters to Saints. Come on Sunderland. Gonna be a long 20 mins here...

Does anyone want the title this year? Looks like it'll be a record low tally to win it

Think it might be better to come 2nd (or even 3rd) rather than win the title. That way we can sneak up on the Champs League teams who won't realise that we have qualified or are any good. It was not considred important to win titles when we were in League One and Championship according to some on here thought it was of no consequence actually winning the divisional title. I assume this still applies in our quest to finish runners-up in the Champions League. My view is that we should have been trying to win the treble this year, but seems like the club is unambitious and only cares about the double.