Cardiff fan here

King Cornelius

Alright lads. Just here to give you a bit of an insight into our team. First off, I'll start with our back 5. Our keeper Marshall has been our player of the season so far. I and others rate him as our best ever goalkeeper. His reactions are phenomenally good. Now on to our defenders. Caulker is our captain and our best defender by a mile. Does the basics so well. Our other CB, Ben Turner has a tendency to hoof the ball when under pressure, or even when not, very annoying. Our RB, Kevin Theopille-Catherine, is very rarely at fault, and loves to get forward, but that can sometimes be his downfall. Our LB, Andy Taylor, is more of an old-fashioned full back, but his distinct lack of pace lets him down. Sterling tore him a new one in the first half last weekend v Liverpool.

I'm going to go with what I think will be our starting 11. So on the left of midfield, would be Peter Whittingham, who personally, I hate seeing on the wing. He just hasn't got the pace. He should be in the centre of midfield in my opinion. His biggest asset is his set pieces, he has a perfect delivery. Our holding midfielder, Gary Medel, is our most talented player. Bags of quality and it shows. Without him, we'd have lost a lot more games this season. He just clams everything down. Our attacking midfielder, Jordon Mutch, well he's my favourite City player to watch. When he runs at defences he causes them so many problems, he has a hell of a range of passing, and also he doesn't half love a tackle. He's very composed infront of goal too. On the right, Craig Noone. By far our most skilful player. Very very quick, love sense of gravity, so he turns and wriggles away from challenges very quickly, has a good left foot on him too, brilliant crosser of the ball, and has only just started to be picked by Malky.

Up front, we do not usually play with two up top, as our £8m striker Andreas Cornelius has been out injured for 3 months, and is only now back to fitness. From what I've seen of him coming off the bench, he's not just your typical 6ft 4" target man, he's more. Very technically good, quick, good in the air, strong, can finish too (as I've seen from videos), he also has a trick or two. Personally I think he will be a big player for us this season, and has all the attributes of a Lukaku type player, so is perfect for the Prem. He's been saying that he's dying for a start, and I think he will get it on Thursday. His probable partner up front will be Fraizer Campbell. He is a very good finisher, lightning quick, deceptively strong and a good header of the ball, his pace usually causes defences all sorts of problems. He also loves to play off the shoulder of the last man, which is why I think that he and Cornelius will do so well together.

Our probable team:-

---------Marshall

KTC--Caulker--Turner--Taylor

----------Medel

Noone----Mutch----Whittingham

---Cornelius---Campbell

Hope you find this bit of insight into our team useful. Have a good Christmas, see you on Thursday lads. ;)

We have 4 of our back 5 injured/not available.

The keeper is crap and is our 3rd choice.

Wanyama and osvaldo are probably out

Had we had our first 11 available. We could beat anyone in the league. Like we did at anfield

However, our squad is not up to taking the amount of players out.

You will probably win

Look out for Danny Fox, he is sensational, a Scotland international and one of the best defenders around. Our top scorer is Jos Hooiveld, he has a beard. Our keeper is world class, he does not even have to move to look brilliant, he has one of the best shots to save ratios in Santa Fe. The rest of the team is rubbish, pay no attention to them.

I think you may be underestimating us. Especially scene as we're home.

I'm not saying you will be easy far from it, but for someone to say we have no chance of beating you is stupid.

I don't think we'll win personally.

I'm not saying you will be easy far from it, but for someone to say we have no chance of beating you is stupid.

I don't think we'll win personally.

Oh aye, I agree. I think if we play the team I've suggested then we'll stand a good chance, but if we go 4-5-1 and sit back, we'll be battered.

Are you thinking of king cornelius?

What gave you that idea?

I'm worried he is fit, when I was visiting friends in Denmark last year I went along with them to see Copenhagen v Bronby in the Danish Superliga. He was superb, good in the air, excellent touch, a really powerful striker. He scored one, set up two and was unplayable. His hold up play was excellent, powerful in the air and clapped the fans at the end so knew he'd be popular with our fans if we signed him even if he couldn't cut it. a really excellent players and only young with a big future. I worry how we'll cope with his threat.

What gave you that idea?

I'm worried he is fit, when I was visiting friends in Denmark last year I went along with them to see Copenhagen v Bronby in the Danish Superliga. He was superb, good in the air, excellent touch, a really powerful striker. He scored one, set up two and was unplayable. His hold up play was excellent, powerful in the air and clapped the fans at the end so knew he'd be popular with our fans if we signed him even if he couldn't cut it. a really excellent players and only young with a big future. I worry how we'll cope with his threat.

Is he guaranteed to improve? Is he hungry?

Would need to see a youtube montage to be convinced

image.jpg

image.jpg

Look out for Danny Fox, he is sensational, a Scotland international and one of the best defenders around. Our top scorer is Jos Hooiveld, he has a beard. Our keeper is world class, he does not even have to move to look brilliant, he has one of the best shots to save ratios in Santa Fe. The rest of the team is rubbish, pay no attention to them.

:lol:

Our keeper Marshall has been our player of the season so far. I and others rate him as our best ever goalkeeper. His reactions are phenomenally good.

Our new goalie Paulo is even better. Some are rating him higher than Shilton and Banks combined. Young too. But since it's Christmas, and if you ask nicely, we'd be willing to swap him with yours.

Glasgow_Saint, here is that montage of Andreas Cornelius you requested ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRqgqQafL8

Some player isn't he. Confirms what I put in my report above. Many similarities to Mick Harford there as I said . I only wish I'd advised Les Reed on him like I did when I told the club about Morgan Schnidelin a few years back.

There's a rumour going around that Santa has come baring the welcome gift of a fit again Luke Shaw and Kelvin Davis in his capacious sack. If so, then the mighty Saints can perhaps make a proper game of it.

If that is no so however ... well in that case we surrender before kickoff.

Worrying isn't it that we are all praying for Davis to be fit, another keeper proven to be out his depth at this level but still a vast improvement on what we've had the last few weeks.

Worrying isn't it that we are all praying for Davis to be fit, another keeper proven to be out his depth at this level but still a vast improvement on what we've had the last few weeks.

Huge amount to be said for experience when it comes to keepers, despite some faults, KD is way ahead.

I never thought I'd say it but I'd be pleased to see Davis playing tomorrow. So it's come to this.

At least kelvin davisis capable of stopping a shot he has prooved he is a half decent stopper the other parts if his game are horrendous though no worse than gazinigas

You ruined us today boys. No denying it. When my team are well beaten I'll admit it, and we were. I honestly have felt for a while that Malky has to go, as he plays a style of football that when we come up against the likes of you (footballing teams), we get ****ed. He's played a blinder in the media. It's not all Tan's fault, as some of us City fan have found out. But anyways, I'm sure you don't care about that too much. Well done today.

You ruined us today boys. No denying it. When my team are well beaten I'll admit it, and we were. I honestly have felt for a while that Malky has to go, as he plays a style of football that when we come up against the likes of you (footballing teams), we get ****ed. He's played a blinder in the media. It's not all Tan's fault, as some of us City fan have found out. But anyways, I'm sure you don't care about that too much. Well done today.

Most gracious Sir.

How do you see the rest of the season panning out, on and off the field?

Most gracious Sir.

How do you see the rest of the season panning out, on and off the field?

Either way with Malky they need to decide soon and stop messing about. You should stay up...just.

Fair play and thanks. Dont recall seeing your lot let too many goals in like those today, so not sure it was reflective of the norm. Good luck to you for the rest of the season

Ron & Charlie, I think that if we do not get rid of Malky soon (as his position is now untenable) we will go down hill fast, sadly. :(

Bucks, I just had a feeling today that you would batter us. There was almost an atmosphere from the fans that they were there to support Malky and not the 11 players of ours on the pitch. As soon as you scored the first, I knew it'd be 3 or 4. Our players heads just dropped. Very unusual but it looked as if most of our players didn't want to play for Malky.

Good luck to you also for the rest of the season.

Ron & Charlie, I think that if we do not get rid of Malky soon (as his position is now untenable) we will go down hill fast, sadly. :(

Bucks, I just had a feeling today that you would batter us. There was almost an atmosphere from the fans that they were there to support Malky and not the 11 players of ours on the pitch. As soon as you scored the first, I knew it'd be 3 or 4. Our players heads just dropped. Very unusual but it looked as if most of our players didn't want to play for Malky.

Get rid of Malky and bring some South American bloke in - it worked for us.

MM, like Adkins for us, were good enough to get to the BPL, but lack the nous to manage at the top level.

If Tan is going to sack him he needs to do it now.

Personally I think your go down but I'm usually wrong.

In many ways the off field antics, and posturing by Tan and MM, play into MM's hands - he can leave with his stock high, and most feeling he's been unjustly dismissed, which is interesting to compare with what King Cornelius states.

After today MM has two clubs I expect will be interested in speaking with him, Norwich and West Ham.

As for Cardiff, sorry KC but not sure I'd want to rely on Tan involved in the selection of a new manager. Good luck to you though.

Edited by Badger

From an outsiders point of view, I don't think Cardiff's problem is Tan or Mackay in isolation, but the fact that their working relationship is now completely untenable and that's affecting the team's performance - one of them therefore has to go and it's not going to be Tan.

• 2 months later...