Everton vs Saints build-up

kwsaint

A good three points in the bag against Cardiff. Everton should be an interesting game I feel. Howard is suspended so they'll have to make do with Robles who has two league appearances this season. Admittedly, we don't have Boruc, Wanyama or Schneiderlin but should have Osvaldo, Lovren and Clyne. COYR!!!

For the sake of everyone who was at Highbury in 1984 - we must beat these c^nts.

We have a terrible record against Everton, but loved the 0-2 win in the late 90's when KD scored a wonder goal.

I feel they will be back on track with a home win. :-(

assuming we have a couple to come back from "injury"

Gazza

Clyne - Lovren - Fonte - Shaw

--- Cork - Davis ---

Lallana - Ramirez - Jrod

SRL

Also, we have to assume that ***ttenberg will award Everton a dodgy late 2nd half penalty so need to make sure we've got at least a couple before this certainty happens.

For the sake of everyone who was at Highbury in 1984 - we must beat these c^nts.

Maybe I just don't get it because I wasn't there but we must have played Everton about 40 times since then. Surely it's time to move on from a game 30 years ago? We do have a sh*t recent record against Everton though. 1-0 from a Pahars penalty in 2002 was our last win I think.

I'd go for the same team but with Lovren back in if fit, other than that I don't think there's really much to change. I'm guessing Ossie is out for disciplinary issues as I haven't heard anything regarding injuries with from the club.

Maybe I just don't get it because I wasn't there but we must have played Everton about 40 times since then. Surely it's time to move on from a game 30 years ago? We do have a sh*t recent record against Everton though. 1-0 from a Pahars penalty in 2002 was our last win I think.

I'd go for the same team but with Lovren back in if fit, other than that I don't think there's really much to change. I'm guessing Ossie is out for disciplinary issues as I haven't heard anything regarding injuries with from the club.

It was horrible, just horrible.

Bloody Adrian bloody Heath - nothing hurts more than a goal like that.

Bloody Adrian bloody Heath - nothing hurts more than a goal like that.

What was so annoying about that goal (apart from the obvious), was that if the chance had fallen to anybody else they'd have have had to take another touch, as it bounced at chest height, and then Shilton would have had more chance of saving it

However, for Adrian bastard Heath, the shortest man (or tallest midget) ever to play professional football, it was at head height...

For those who weren't there it was the most gut-wrenching moment in my 40+ years of follwing SFC

Please, please beat them on Sunday!

Heard that was Evertons first home defeat in 2013? Hard luck as they were down to 10 and still dominated. You won't find a tougher fixture.

Gazza

Clyne fonte lovren Shaw

Jwp cork Davis

Lallana J Rod

Ossie

4 changes after 2 day gap. Strong side. Went to this formation v city when without Morgan and VW and worked well. J rod v Colman will be interesting and get Lallana going at Oviedo who is a midfielder at heart IMO although probable that Baines is back. Don't give silly free kicks away with him and Barkley (I'm looking at you fonte).

Can't see us getting anything from this one. Everton are an excellant side plus we have a horrific record against them, a real bogey team.

However if we could somehow sneak a win it would be the sweetest result of the year for me as Mr Heath plus almost 30 years of pain against them needs to be redressed. Come on Saints, we owe this lot a thrashing.

assuming we have a couple to come back from "injury"

Gazza

Clyne - Lovren - Fonte - Shaw

--- Cork - Davis ---

Lallana - Ramirez - Jrod

SRL

Also, we have to assume that ***ttenberg will award Everton a dodgy late 2nd half penalty so need to make sure we've got at least a couple before this certainty happens.

Why on earth would you want Ramirez to start an away game against a good side? Or at all? He's a complete liability, a passenger and doesn't fit our system.

Gazza (unless someone else is fit)

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Cork Davis

JWP Lallana Rodriguez

Osvaldo (Lambert)

We'll have to play well to get anything from this. They'll create chances, let's hope they're off target again.

No reason why we can't get a result. Sunderland did yesterday, so why not us.

I think Mannone had a fair old game for Sunderland yesterday...and they got a penalty. Still no point in dismissing our chances out of hand in advance. We looked pretty good yesterday as well.

Lovren looks to be back in training today, we probably held him back with the specific threat of Lukaku in view. Anyway Jose and Maya did all that was needed of them yesterday.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Gazzaniga

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Cork Davis

Ramirez Lambert Lallana

Rodriguez

As crap as Gazzaniga is it'd be stupid to change him for another crap keeper after a clean sheet

I have to admit it was his best game so far.. which isn't saying much as there was scarcely a shot on target from the Cardiff front line (such as it was).

Everton might present a bit more of a challenge in that area.

He scored there last season and played alright from what I remember. We were undone by some shoddy defending...again.

All he's done this season is lose possession, fall over, and float attacking free kicks over the bar for a goal kick. We've got players that can do a job much better than him. I'm sure JWP will get the nod.

If lovren fit I would bring him back in as harsh as it may seem after a clean sheet but Everton obviously far better than Cardiff. I actually predicted sunderland to win 1-0 on super six on basis Everton may start to tire over Xmas period as they have a pretty settled starting 11. They have no real decent cover for Distin or jagielka.

To get anything we must protect back four by picking up Barkley, marellas and pieneer inbetween the lines as highlighted by savage on MOTD last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. My most gut wrenching day as a Saints fan - we should have won the Cup that year.

totally agree,we were such a good side and that c*** heath ive disliked to this day.for those who weren't there it was a hard defeat to take,kicked off at the end,think that was the last semi at highbury for a few years

Edited by rick1976.4.38

If lovren fit I would bring him back in as harsh as it may seem after a clean sheet but Everton obviously far better than Cardiff. I actually predicted sunderland to win 1-0 on super six on basis Everton may start to tire over Xmas period as they have a pretty settled starting 11. They have no real decent cover for Distin or jagielka.

To get anything we must protect back four by picking up Barkley, marellas and pieneer inbetween the lines as highlighted by savage on MOTD last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not at all sure that Lovren didn't play as a DM on occasions at Lyon but then again they sometimes have strange ideas concerning their players' capacities.

This was looking like a home banker, but both results yesterday will give us a fighting chance. 1-1

Everton will be well short of full strength as well, if Mirallas is really out as well as Barry their midfield will be much changed, nearly as much as ours. Can't really say about their keeper situation as I know nothing about Robles at all. If we can keep Lukaku quiet then we have every chance.