Jason Puncheon

Glasgow_Saint

He had a good game, looked to be involved in everything positive.

But I'm certain that there have been much better individual performances than that of Puncheon at the Etihad this year.......so your ''mate'' hasn't been to many games.

Just said "why the hell did you guys loan him out" said he could have scored 5 and assisted 5 if it wasnt for Hart who was man of the match.

Said he's the best away player he's seen for ages and scared the life out of city all afternoon

Just said "why the hell did you guys loan him out" said he could have scored 5 and assisted 5 if it wasnt for Hart who was man of the match.

Said he's the best away player he's seen for ages and scared the life out of city all afternoon

But he didn't did he? Too many nearly men in every team. Maybe we should go for Hart instead, but not convinced he is consistently better than AB or that there is not better value out there in the goal keeping stakes.

JP wanted to go for personal reasons, and fair play to Saints for letting him do that - would have been easy to say no, and I doubt we are getting much compensation from CP if any, and certainly not enough to pay for his back up in the squad. I honestly believe this is the compassionate and loyal side of NC that does get enough credit, and what helps in bonding the players (i.e. at Saints we take care of our own, even if it is not always in the best interest for the club). Also, why would JP want to come back (and we have an unhappy bunny) unless his personal circumstances have changed?

Playing superbly for Crystal Palace.... Do we / can we recall in Jan?

Man city supporting mate says he's the best player he's seen at Etihad for a long time........

Really hope so mate, my Man City mate said something similar. He reckons he's the second best player he's seen this season after Michail Antonio.

Really hope so mate, my Man City mate said something similar. He reckons he's the second best player he's seen this season after Michail Antonio.

My invisible friend supports Man City and reckoned Antonio was the best winger - with Reading connections - since Michael Gilkes.

He's a super attacking midfielder - a player to cover Lallana, but whether he's a team player, good out as well as in the changing room is another matter.

He's has had a chequered past.

I guess this is all about cash. I would love to see him back covering for our attacking midfielders. But, would he want to come back when he's starting at Palarse? And can we afford his wages?

Unless his personal circumstances have changed, he wants to be in London and there would be no point in dragging him back if he'd be unsettled, as he was at the end of last season. Not even sure if there is a recall clause.

If things were different, I'd have him back as backup, but I doubt we'll see him again.

Good game yesterday, but pretty much the first time he's shown up for them.

Don't really understand his elevation to hero worship on here, or how he was seen as a top player last season. Gaston got a higher goals & assists tally in less games. Yet he's awful, and should be gotten rid of.

Then again at least Puncheon is a good, pacy English winger and not one of them Carlos Kickballs.

I despair, I really do.

:facepalm:

As someone noted above, JP has one or two good games / and / good goals to his credit, but one swallow doesn't make a summer, or a wonder goal turn an average player into a legend.

He is one of half-a-dozen players who were with us .....in League 1. (that long ago), and he is about to drop by the wayside, as he is not consistent enough to warrant a place on the bench with fresh, young talent coming in every season from the Academy.

Nothing is forever, and there will come a time (dread the thought) when even Adam Lallana's place will be up for grabs, such is the nature of football.

we are a kaleidoscope team, don't think there are any really specific positions in our front 4

Agree- am reluctant to say RM as players move around but you can still dimly divine a 'shape'. We've had JWP, Davis, even Lambert there -all square pegs in round holes IMO.

Agree- am reluctant to say RM as players move around but you can still dimly divine a 'shape'. We've had JWP, Davis, even Lambert there -all square pegs in round holes IMO.

I disagree entirely, we dont play with any real identified RM or LM, more an attacking unit that lines up losely as the forward four of a 4231 formation, there are loosely recognised roles of the CF and the three tight AMs that interchange and occasionally drift wide but generally allow the full backs to overlap.

One of the midfielders generally holds and drops to form a back three CBs in the attacking phase and the other midfielder will play more box to box and will interchange with the AMs.

Thats how I can see it anyway, so personally I dont see how a wide midfielder will help ? Especially one that provided less impact then an apparantly terrible gaston last season and a midfielder with a sketchy past, inconsistant game and just doesnt work hard enough.

• 2 weeks later...