Cortese wasn't accountable - Le Tissier

skintsaint

MLT is the greatest player to have ever & probably to ever play for the club

The mans heart is shaped like the crest & pumps saints blood

Out of MLT & NC the person I'd rather meet & discuss football & buy a drink for

But I wish he would stop getting involved in the anti-Cortese political party

This. Its unedifying, petty and tedious.

Dunc, what is banging on about it like a record stuck in a groove going to achieve ?

NC is gone - time to move on; in most peoples eyes his contribution to the club was a massive positive on balance, and the details are irrelevant. MLT is just making himself look petty and vindictive.

But he's not constantly 'banging on about it like a record stuck in a groove' - it's just one piece he's done and he's entitled to his opinion.

Dunc, what is banging on about it like a record stuck in a groove going to achieve ?

NC is gone - time to move on; in most peoples eyes his contribution to the club was a massive positive on balance, and the details are irrelevant. MLT is just making himself look petty and vindictive.

You of all people should allow him his right to aire his opinion, he gets asked questions and doesn't hide behind ambiguous replies, he says as he sees it and he is entitled to.

As for the stuck record bit, I nearly spat my coffee when I saw it was you.

You of all people should allow him his right to aire his opinion, he gets asked questions and doesn't hide behind ambiguous replies, he says as he sees it and he is entitled to.

As for the stuck record bit, I nearly spat my coffee when I saw it was you.

Anyone know Alpine's thoughts on Gaston Ramires? Not sure he's mentioned it.

Matt Le Tiss is a Saints legend....Someone in a CEO position should be big enough and intelligent enough to not get involved with spats with ex players. I have had more joy watching Matt Le Tiss over the years than any other 1 individual at Southampton Football club. He bleeds red and white. If Cortese was on the pitch but wasn't made captain he would hand in a transfer request

Never get too high when you win, never get too low when you lose.

Life goes on, one love, one SFC.

V jealous of Sun'ln last night! (let's hope they don't get relegated now:smug:)

Viva la revolution/steady as we go, we're having a really solid second season,

we have a top squad of players (who would you take from ManU outside WR, J and RVP? None of' 'em!)

It's all good!

Let bygones be bygones!!

In KL we trust!!!!

Matt Le Tiss is a Saints legend....Someone in a CEO position should be big enough and intelligent enough to not get involved with spats with ex players. I have had more joy watching Matt Le Tiss over the years than any other 1 individual at Southampton Football club. He bleeds red and white. If Cortese was on the pitch but wasn't made captain he would hand in a transfer request

To be fair, Cortese kept silence for the most part it was MLT who kept it in the public forum.

MLT was a great servant to the club and is a "legend", however that moniker does not give him carte blanche to say what he wants without being called on it.

In his own way, NC is a club legend as he has steered us to where we are today from the point of no return. The progress we have made under his stewardship is nothing short of remarkable.

That said, I think everyone recognises that he wasn't a particularly nice person if you got on the wrong side on him. He seemed to have a fragile ego and reacted in a heavy handed manner to every slight, imagined or otherwise. However I suspect the characteristics that made him act that way were also the same traits that were responsible for the drive and ambition he brought to the club. As they say a strength overplayed is also a weakness.

Still sick and tired of the MLT vs Cortese crap, its embarrassing from both sides. MLT doesnt cover himself with glory either, constantly banging on in public.

This is a little different though, ok he takes his chance to stick the knife in but realistically as excellent as NC has been for us its just not sustainable or V wise to have one man calling all the shots for an extended period.

Still sick and tired of the MLT vs Cortese crap, its embarrassing from both sides. MLT doesnt cover himself with glory either, constantly banging on in public.

This is a little different though, ok he takes his chance to stick the knife in but realistically as excellent as NC has been for us its just not sustainable or V wise to have one man calling all the shots for an extended period.

Thats wrong for starters, there are countless examples of autocratic leadership bringing great success throughout all of history. The difference is not all succeed in that way and when they go wrong, they go wrong big time.

That said, Cortese clearly knew what he was doing, and our journey to the top will not happen under KL.. You are kidding yourself if you think she will get someone in who can manager the club with the passion, ambition and cold blooded efficiency of cortese.

The decline started when we where 3rd in the league, about the time that he handed in his notice funnily enough.

The proof is that they knew NC was leaving and yet we have a team leader from deloitte as our new CEO. :mcinnes:

Thats wrong for starters, there are countless examples of autocratic leadership bringing great success throughout all of history. The difference is not all succeed in that way and when they go wrong, they go wrong big time.

That said, Cortese clearly knew what he was doing, and our journey to the top will not happen under KL.. You are kidding yourself if you think she will get someone in who can manager the club with the passion, ambition and cold blooded efficiency of cortese.

The decline started when we where 3rd in the league, about the time that he handed in his notice funnily enough.

The proof is that they knew NC was leaving and yet we have a team leader from deloitte as our new CEO. :mcinnes:

Risible, our 'form' declined

a) because the fixtures got harder

b) the players got knackered

c) we had injuries and not enough back-up

d) Cortese handed his notice in

0.1% for d

Divide the remaining 99.9% between a,b,c how you will.

More to do with tough fixtures and massive injury list.

MP says he knew nothing of NC quitting when he gave his speech the day after Cortesegate.

Im not saying NC wasnt good for us, clearly the levels of excellence he has brought into the club have been stratuspheric. Its a shame he wouldnt let some personal issues go though or engage wity the fans a bit more. With a few more personal touches and he would have an absolute godsend.

I for one am more concerned by the results of my club more than anything else. So I agree we will miss his drive and ambition. Time will tell whether the long term successor will bring the same tenacity to the role. I just hope the new man repairs a few of the burnt bridges from a personal level but arguably more importantly continues the excellent work established in the playing side of the club.

If mlt is going to put himself up as a pundit then his views should be judged as a pundit not a great player. As a pundit, what he said is horse shyte. Had merson or some other clown said the same he'd be crucified on here. Its crap, cortese did a great job, him going is not "one less problem". He's quick to point out that it wasn't his money, therefore he must have been accountable to the purse holder. What does matt think , that Nicola could just take as much money as he wanted, when he wanted. Course he was accountable to someone, it was someone's money. Matts takeover involved the CEO being accountable to his mummy.

Matt le tissier was a better football than Nicola cortese will ever be, and Nicola cortese a better CEO than matt le tissier ever will be. They should stick to commenting on their area of expertise.

NC is not a particularly nice person I am pleased he has gone some of the things he did not enhance the reputation of SFC.

We were very lucky to have recruited Boruc otherwise we would have been relegated last season

WTF?

I'm pleased he brought us to the attention of Markus in the first place! It might have been Liebherr money but it was his idea that got the whole thing rolling.

I think it is fair to say without NC we would not be in the PL today - for that alone, I am eternally grateful.

Whether he's "a particularly nice person" or not who cares? The Queen might not be a "particularly nice person" doesn't stop thousands of people waiting for hours on end trying to get a glimpse of her like she's some sort of God. Being "nice" wouldn't have helped NC if we were languishing mid table in the championship. I doubt people would be happy to forgive all his failings because he is after all, a "nice guy". He was good for us and I for one wish he was still here.

Maybe he is just telling it how it is - he has been doing so for a while I admit but not many people actually listened to what he was saying

Duncan, you've always got your finger on the pulse. Is it true the troubles with NC started as Matty had gone to Timpson's and got a brass nameplate with his name on it made up for the Chairman's door and was angry that the expense had been wasted?

1000% THIS

Anyone care to offer a counter opinion ??

WTF?

I'm pleased he brought us to the attention of Markus in the first place! It might have been Liebherr money but it was his idea that got the whole thing rolling.

I think it is fair to say without NC we would not be in the PL today - for that alone, I am eternally grateful.

Whether he's "a particularly nice person" or not who cares? The Queen might not be a "particularly nice person" doesn't stop thousands of people waiting for hours on end trying to get a glimpse of her like she's some sort of God. Being "nice" wouldn't have helped NC if we were languishing mid table in the championship. I doubt people would be happy to forgive all his failings because he is after all, a "nice guy". He was good for us and I for one wish he was still here.

Pointless banging on about it though Cortese has decided to bugger off to better things and left us with the guy from Deloite to carry things forward.

What journey to the top? You do understand the meaning of "interim"?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As a temporary measure until a permanent one is appointed.

However, one point being made is WHY, if Cortese's three months notice is not a lie, was not a CEO, interim or otherwise, not installed immediately after Cortese's "resignation" was accepted by KL.

The way that it has been handled does come acroos as Cortese's departure being somewhat more of a shock to KL, than she has let on

NOT the action(s) of the head of a Mega Company IMHO

What journey to the top? You do understand the meaning of "interim"?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As a temporary measure until a permanent one is appointed.

However, one point being made is WHY, if Cortese's three months notice is not a lie, was not a CEO, interim or otherwise, not installed immediately after Cortese's "resignation" was accepted by KL.

The way that it has been handled does come acroos as Cortese's departure being somewhat more of a shock to KL, than she has let on

NOT the action(s) of the head of a Mega Company IMHO

What "Mega Company"? Where has it been confirmed that NC has seen out a three month notice period? What is your issue with the interim CEO on the basis it is just an interim appointment, not unusual in business?

What "Mega Company"? Where has it been confirmed that NC has seen out a three month notice period? What is your issue with the interim CEO on the basis it is just an interim appointment, not unusual in business?

Mega Company = Leibherrs Bit bigger than Woolworths I think

Cortes's 3 month notice. Without trolling through all posts, many references have been made to this. Is that a lie then ? Can you confirm it is a lie ?

An "interim" CEO would be quite the norm if Cortese's leaving was a "bolt out of the blue" But I am of the opinion that it wasn't, and I don't believe Pochettino only knew about it on the day Cortese left .... Again, just my opinion after viewing all that has been put on this site.

I firmly believe that Cortese wanted to take us further forward, and the Leibherrs wanted to reign back. Just my opinion. We will only know the answer to that once the (New) CEO outlines future strategy for Southampton Football Club, but IMHO, further funding will be very limited

Just my opinions of course, There to be ridicled of course

Only time will tell if any or none hold any truth

[

Cortes's 3 month notice. Without trolling through all posts, many references have been made to this. Is that a lie then ? Can you confirm it is a lie ?

An "interim" CEO would be quite the norm if Cortese's leaving was a "bolt out of the blue" But I am of the opinion that it wasn't, and I don't believe Pochettino only knew about it on the day Cortese left .... Again, just my opinion after viewing all that has been put on this site.

I firmly believe that Cortese wanted to take us further forward, and the Leibherrs wanted to reign back. Just my opinion. We will only know the answer to that once the (New) CEO outlines future strategy for Southampton Football Club, but IMHO, further funding will be very limited

Look I'm going to say this for one last time. Markus Liebherr and his heirs have had nothing to do wth the main Liebherr enterprises for many many years. KL seems to have worked with her father's companies in some way or other although for 3 years up until last fall she seemed to be on sabbatical and Cortese ran them all with one other person, presumably from his desk at SMS. The said companies have all been liquidated bar 1, a sort of brokerage affair registered in Zurich.

Edited by Window Cleaner

There is no Liebherr "Mega Company" that KL is head of. We don't have any clear information on how NC came to leave the club, so who knows about his notice period, lots of stuff doesn't add up, nothing to do with "lies".

Look I'm going to say this for one last time. Markus Liebherr and his heirs have had nothing to do wth the main Liebherr enterprises for many many years. KL seems to have worked with her father's companies in some way or other although for 3 years up until last fall she seemed to be on sabbatical and Cortese ran them all with one other person, presumably from his desk at SMS. The said companies have all been liquidated bar 1, a sort of brokerage affair registered in Zurich.

I am fully aware that Markus had nothing to do with the main Leibherr enterprises. However, he WAS worth quite a bit. I understand that his MALI Companys were "liquidated" ?? If so, Katharina must be worth a few bob. ??

If not, that could explain her reigning in

I am fully aware that Markus had nothing to do with the main Leibherr enterprises. However, he WAS worth quite a bit. I understand that his MALI Companys were "liquidated" ?? If so, Katharina must be worth a few bob. ??

If not, that could explain her reigning in

I have no idea, neither has anyone else who posts on this forum, for all I know they could be flat broke .There are other heirs apart from KL I'd think but they've never seemed to get involved in any way with anything.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Le Tissier was due to be installed as chairman at St Mary's but, having seen their 21-day exclusivity period expire earlier this month, the Pinnacle group followed a consortium fronted by the businessman Marc Jackson in withdrawing its interest today

"It is with great regret and frustration due to ongoing issues with the Football League that I and in turn those behind the Pinnacle consortium decided to withdraw our interest in purchasing Southampton Football Club," said Le Tissier. "With the ongoing issues with the Football League persisting, our backers have simply refused to provide the requisite funds to complete the takeover

Agenda much?......After this debacle that had Le Tissier holding what was very nearly the final nail....I recon he should STFU and stick to what he knows...

Interesting to note that Cortese didn't have the same problems with the Football League that according to Le Tissier scuppered his deal.....Just another example of Cortese getting it done where others have failed I guess.

Maybe Le Tissier is angling for another shot at CEO

well it might be respectful to wait a bit on that one, don't you think?

Certainly, I'd just as soon have Terry in the job. One of his wives was a friend of my late Mum. He also gave me a quid for mowing his lawn on bob a job, A quid was a kings ransom in those days, some scroogy buggers only gave you a tanner for about 2 hours work. I suppose bob-a-job would be illegal now, trade unions would class it as child labour.

Matt fully entitled to his opinion. But as others have pointed out if giving his opinion in public under the guise of an informed pundit, his comments should be scrutinised as such and not blindly accepted because of his hero status amongst the fans.

what he says is hard to argue with, the autocratic nature may well have pushed a few folk off.... BUT he completely neglects to mention any of the positives that have been achieved under NC 's leadership irrespective of the methods used... And for that reason Matts comments carry no authority or value beyond his biased opinion.

Matt fully entitled to his opinion. But as others have pointed out if giving his opinion in public under the guise of an informed pundit, his comments should be scrutinised as such and not blindly accepted because of his hero status amongst the fans.

what he says is hard to argue with, the autocratic nature may well have pushed a few folk off.... BUT he completely neglects to mention any of the positives that have been achieved under NC 's leadership irrespective of the methods used... And for that reason Matts comments carry no authority or value beyond his biased opinion.

Good post...agreed.

Sounds like we are in good hands :facepalm:

Listening to Matty on Soccer Saturday last week I found it laughable he claimed NC going wouldn't make much difference. Especially as a lot of people are saying the main reason Man U have struggled this year I losing Gill not Fergie. I had to switch it iff when I actually started thinking Thompson was talking sense. Matty says it all revolved around NC, means he admitting we can all than Cortese for the 2 promotions and where we are in the league.

As for him knowing 'the truth' about things behind the scenes, I assume that includes him spouting off about the turnaround of staff being high without backing it up with any facts. Unless there is proof that I staff turnaround is significantly higher than other premier league clubs, this means absolutely nothing.

MLT kept us up for years NC got us up from the bottom to the top, didn't they both do well, our two saviours

EDIT: MLT kept us up for years MARCUS LIEBERR got us up from the bottom to the top, didn't they both do well, our two saviours