Pochettino Joining Spurs (Official)

Saint Matty 76

Rarely does a managerial appointment manage to annoy both sets of fans so much...

Maybe somebody could find his quote about how crap the reckons the Europa Cup is, and send it to as many Spurs web sites as possible, to stir things up a little bit more!!

Not a surprise.

I wouldn't swap what we've achieved with Pochettino for anything and I wish him the best. I still think he's a risky appointment by Spurs. He has little transfer nous and has gone to an impatient team. Perhaps he knows we're more than likely to sell the jewels and realised his position has become untenable.

Now the club must get their act together and put together a management team that can steady the ship. Even if we lose the jewels we'll still have a decent team. Just please don't drag your heels on a replacement. We need it done ASAP so we can concentrate on being ready for next season.

Didnt even attempt any banal platitudes either.

What a grade A arsehole.

A that bullsh*t about a year left on his contract. And Spurs must have made an illegal approach too, I reckon. The only thing that has caused it to take this long to close is Levy's ego.

Oh well at least we got our statement.

I am concerned Poch might have left because the club were unable to meet his aspirations with transfer money or guarantees that our top players would not be allowed to go.

Good enjoyable season but that is in the past.

We had a good, happy, bonded squad when he came which made his job all the easier. He may find it a bit more difficult with the players at Spurs. After all he did not handle Osvaldo very well. Still good luck to him. If he is a success I will be happy. If he fails I won't care.

Need to make a positive early appointment. By mid June to give the new manager time to get back-room staff and understand the club and it's players ready for pre season. If we can get that right, even without Lallana and Shaw, (no I have not heard anything) we have a chance of stabilising.

The most vapid, assinine business management school undergraduate drivel I have ever had the misfortune to read in relation to Saints.

Even Lowe put together a better statement than that.

We are in serious sh*t with this clueless bell-end at the helm.

Ah, yes. The summer break - when Alpine really comes into his own!

But thankfully you remain safe and dry alone in your ivory tower… tool. People are understandably ****ed off or upset for many different reasons, man up and admit you are too.

:wave:

I would like to answer your post in a sensible way but as you childishly use abuse i wont bother but

lower myself to your juvenile level and say ****** off

Disappointed - yes, surprised - no.

Can't hold it against the bloke for trying to better his career, they way he and the club (again!) have handled it could have been a lot better.

The board now have a fantastic opportunity to show they mean business with his appointment. it is crucial that we get a new manager in ASAP so they can get their ideas in place, perhaps have a chat with Lallana/Shaw etc to lay down strategies and get scouting ready for the WC.

The longer we take appointing a new manager, the worse the impact will be on the club.

You'd like to think that the club has had a shortlist for a while and has already made some contact in regards to them. However, the board at the moment don't exactly fill me with confidence

I'm disappointed he has gone, doubly so that he has left for Spurs of all clubs. However, he did a good job for us while he was here and I am thankful for that. Watched some cracking football this season and enjoyed attending every home game. Much of this was down to our ex-manager and what he got out of our good squad.

Without being privy to the inner workings of his new contract at Spurs or the negotiations within our boardroom I will reserve judgement on the reasons why he left and will give our board the benefit of the doubt. The appointment of our next manager will signify the abilities and vision of the board. So I will wait.

As an eternal optimist I remain hopeful that the squad will remain largely intact which would make up for this disappointing departure. It is also much healthier to be optimistic.

Oh well at least we got our statement.

I am concerned Poch might have left because the club were unable to meet his aspirations with transfer money or guarantees that our top players would not be allowed to go.

I'm sure that might be used as a smokescreen to justify his lack of loyalty, but don't think anything has materially moved with regards what our budgets were since his arrival.

And the same with regards players, in that we don't want and have to sell, but it would be impossible to say we would be able to keep everyone (as his walking away from a contract has proved).

Its probably a minority opinion, but I can't really blame Pochettino for moving on. He came into the club promised a vision by Cortese; that has since changed. Cortese has moved on and the board are talking about financial consolidation rather than pressing on higher. Spurs will give him an actual chance of breaking the Champions League top 4 rather than staying here and being happy with another top ten finish.

He did very well for us, absolutely no doubt about that, and moved us onwards and upwards from the superb groundwork that Adkins put in. That said, Pochettino also inherited an excellent bunch of players. The challenge now will be recruiting a decent manager and stopping the floodgates from opening. Though I'm not sure where I stand on believing we'll achieve either of those two things.

Anyway; cheers for the memories but I can't send too many best wishes.

Which is a fair and reasonable response. All the current mud slinging from both sides fails to see the reality of the situation as emotion leads the brain into meltdown... You cant blame Poch for going when the very reason for his joining us disappeared with NC. I dont hate or dislike RK or KL for not being NC, and I cant comment on whether they really know what they are doing or what they plan until we see how things unfold. However, I suspect it will be less that we are used to... maybe out of naivety rather than desire, but I do think i will be dissapointed that a squad that had so much potential under Poch and NC, is likely to be dessimated by August no matter who we bring in.

Its all very well those fans who say "feck em the club will always be here no matter what' which is fine if your talent pool and resources restrict any progress. Watching potential never be realised is what is heartbreaking. And therein lies the problem as far as i am concerned... KL and RK whatevere they have tried, whatever they have offered, etc they have failed to hold onto a manager that was possibly able to keep this group together a little longer...

A small attempt to analyse what has happened. It wasn't a bigger salary which took him to Spurs, but the possibility to manage in the Champions League and improve his standing as a coach/manager. This also means that Ralph Krueger and Katarina Liebherr were unable to convince him that he would be able to do that here, which would have improved his standing far more than as manager for Spurs.

I'm afraid that a board has been installed without any feeling for football or the Premier League, apart from Les Reed, but I wouldn't leave the club to him to sort out on his own. All the decisions, the vision, the belief, were instilled by Cortese. Reed was told what to do. I am really worried that there is nobody on board the good ship which stands any chance of even taking on the job of appointing the new manager, They don't understanding how the modern game is played. Chances are we will end up with one of the usual suspects, neither of which plays exciting, winning football, or they would be successful already. (McLaren, Mackay, etc.) But they also need to understand how the first team relates to the Academy, etc. etc.

As a business woman KL tries to run the club as an orderly business, but football is anything but an orderly business. A number of mistakes have been made and we are now in a poor position to defend the club and in even less of a state to drive us forward.

Not surprised he left - but feel even more sorry now for Nigel getting sacked because of Corteses gamble. Clearly MP was Loyal

to the Don and not the club really.l

One thing is surtain - supporting Saints is never boring .....

Not surprised he left - but feel even more sorry now for Nigel getting sacked because of Corteses gamble. Clearly MP was Loyal

to the Don and not the club really.l

One thing is surtain - supporting Saints is never boring .....

What on earth has Patty Harrison got to do with it.:uhoh::uhoh:

"my priority now is to bring some stability and calm to the workings of the club

I am absolutely committed to ensuring that the club continues this success. I have met our manager Mauricio Pochettino and have given him my complete support to build on the good work that has already been achieved

Finally, let me say this. I will ensure that all decisions made about the future of the club will be in the best interests of its staff, players, management and fans"

Anyone still believe this ****?

No you're right I've re-considered and decided that the owner and new board deliberately want to do what is in the worst interests for the club.............:lol:

What a huge blow this is to the club. I am now fearing the worse. I think the players will see this as a huge step backwards after NC leaving and now Poch.

The rebuilding starts here and I feel, it is back to a scrap for premier league survival, rather than looking to break into the top 6.

I was hoping out of all hope that he would stay and was convincing myself that he was, but after NC left, my fears are being realised with Poch following and now I think the main core of the team.

It has been a fantastic 5 years, but I have a terrible feeling it is coming to an end!

Positive thoughts, Ron, but who will be making those shrewd decisions: Les Reed? Nobody else has got any knowledge, and I don't trust LR to land us anything apart from the usual suspects with no understanding of the modern game and with as much charisma and vision as LR himself. I have a feeling that we are in a bigger mess than we thought.

I'm disappointed he has gone, doubly so that he has left for Spurs of all clubs. However, he did a good job for us while he was here and I am thankful for that. Watched some cracking football this season and enjoyed attending every home game. Much of this was down to our ex-manager and what he got out of our good squad.

Without being privy to the inner workings of his new contract at Spurs or the negotiations within our boardroom I will reserve judgement on the reasons why he left and will give our board the benefit of the doubt. The appointment of our next manager will signify the abilities and vision of the board. So I will wait.

As an eternal optimist I remain hopeful that the squad will remain largely intact which would make up for this disappointing departure. It is also much healthier to be optimistic.

I have to agree with that!

I have supported Saints since Jan 1957.Players and managers have come and gone, some good, some average and the usual 'How the hell did we get him?' group too. However, I still see the SAME fans who's loyalty is legion.(Five, sometimes seven, of us travel all the way down from Shropshire/Staffordshire and places further North to see our Saints) We'll survive this and go from strength to strength, it's the Southampton way. I felt gutted at the way NA was dismissed but I am not disappointed MP has now gone. We'll be back next season and still support our lads. Heads up for a good Managerial appointment and unsurpassed loyalty from unexpected places.

Positive thoughts, Ron, but who will be making those shrewd decisions: Les Reed? Nobody else has got any knowledge, and I don't trust LR to land us anything apart from the usual suspects with no understanding of the modern game and with as much charisma and vision as LR himself. I have a feeling that we are in a bigger mess than we thought.

Are you sure that is what not Les that found Pochettino?

So you think NC came up with Nigel Adkins and Mopo all by himself?