Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I think that the biggest problem for him will be how he slots into the team. At SMS last season, it was largely him having a free reign and others fitting around him as he changed sides and wandered all over the place. Not sure he will get that opportunity at Liverpool. If the role he was given when playing for England is anything to go by, then he might be in for a difficult season, and have the "fans" on his back quite quickly.

Lovren dropped, Lallana dropped, Lambert dropped from tonight's Champions League. All three left for Champions League and if they play like Saturday will not get to play and meet their scum backstabbing ambition

http://sharemytactics.com/25817/Liverpool-v-Fiorentina-2009-formation-tactics.png

Lallana and Lovren start against European minnows.

Lallana Lovern and Lambert all in the Liverpool squad for tonight (Lambert as a sub)

Chambers in the Arsenal team (as a sub) for tonight to

Tonight is part of the reason we will struggle to hold on to good players we can't offer what all four of these ex-players are getting tonight

I dream for the day I get to play Ludogorets.

(although I get your point)

Hope all the English CL teams lose every game. Used to like following them, but now it just reinforces the inequalities in football. Interesting comment from Redkrap about FFP. He was questioning the word fair, and said is it fair that one team can spend £150m and another limited to £8m.

I'm watching this!

• Adam does Cruyff turn, drink one shot
  • Dejan fouls someone, drink one shot
  • Adam shoots weakly, drink one shot
  • Adam dives, drink 2 shots
  • Southampton are mentioned, finish bottle

I'm watching on Swedish TV and the bottom one would put me in A&E inside 10 minutes.

As for the game, why is Champions League football regarded as a necessity to play for England by so many people? I don't remember seeing Saints play a team this sh*t when we were in League 1.

I'm watching on Swedish TV and the bottom one would put me in A&E inside 10 minutes.

As for the game, why is Champions League football regarded as a necessity to play for England by so many people? I don't remember seeing Saints play a team this sh*t when we were in League 1.

The Bulgarians are awful too.

Lallana looks like a man massively lacking in confidence. Lovren looks a bit lost defensively.

I think Lovren will come good, Lallana needs a goal to settle him in. I won't shed a tear if he doesn't get it.

As has been said, it looks like Lovren excels with a proper leader next to him. Fonte obviously did that job really well and perhaps he's even better than we realised in that respect. He certainly made Yoshida step up in the opening couple of games too.

I think Liverpool still need that Carragher type who can control the defence and let Lovren do a job of "defending" rather than leading. Christ, some people on here wanted him to captain Saints ... he would have folded, delicate flower.