Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

When you look at it in the cold light of day, Osvaldo made a more meaningful contribution with his goal against Man City than any Ramirez has

His goal against Arsenal alone equaled Osvaldo's contribution, his goal in the win over Newcastle pushes it over the edge in combination with the 30 or so extra games he played for us and his infinitely better attitude.

If the mane deal doesn't happen we've just ****ed up big time.

I wonder what odds you can get on Gaston getting more than 4 goals in 15 games, which is all that Long managed.

I'm still utterly perplexed as to how we've ended up loaning them Gaston and giving them £12m for Long. Just stop, take a deep breath and think about it. It's a complete **** take.

I wonder what odds you can get on Gaston getting more than 4 goals in 15 games, which is all that Long managed.

I'm still utterly perplexed as to how we've ended up loaning them Gaston and giving them £12m for Long. Just stop, take a deep breath and think about it. It's a complete **** take.

well it clearly will, wont' it. Stop panicking, it's so silly.

We've loaned them a squad player who played 500 minuites for us last year.

That's it. Bit-part, squad player.

We signed their first choice striker.

Just stop, and think about it.

I've done as you've suggested and it still makes complete sense.

With you mate. The Long signing makes me remember how we spunked the Shearer dosh on Dixon and Speedie. A truly bizarre signing.

We normally don't hear if the deals have been completed until after the window closes.

I'd say the fact that Gaston was allowed to leave means that the paperwork was complete for Mane.

I suspect they're just waiting for confirmation from the premier league who probably have a backlog of paperwork to get through

Didn't we announce Papa Waigo in the mid morning of the day after deadline day? Vague recollection of that.

I think there are always some signings (not just saints) that don't get announced straight away I'll give it until lunch tomorrow before going into meltdown. FWIW I'm pretty sure Gaston wouldn't be loaned out if we didn't have a replacement sorted.....at least that's what I hope

You mean no one sent you a text about any of this? I thought you were spot on with those texts.....

With Guly, Gaston and Jos (!?!) gone I can't help but feel we are seeing a huge sea change in the character and composition of the 'dressing room'. These guys were squad players but contributed a helluva lot to the team dynamic (a dynamic that was instrumental in the cracking last four or five years of Saints football).

What with Kelvin taking a more backroom role, it seems to me we have lost a lot of character in the dressing room. Okay with this, but add in the three L's, and..!

Consider this my bed-wetter moment.

It's one thing that hasn't changed since Cortese left. They're probably flying the photographer over to wherever Mane is with a huge cardboard cutout of the inside of the changing rooms at St. Mary's.

This.

They'll be editing a fu cking interview video when they could just announce it.