Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

We do the strangest things. Bruce has done some good business. Like others have said, Hull have got the better of us with this one. Gaston on loan and in return we get Long for £12m. Gaston is a international who played in the world cup whilst Long was searching for four leaf clovers on his holidays in Cork. Bruce must be ****ing himself.

Played in the world cup being a very loose term.

We do the strangest things. Bruce has done some good business. Like others have said, Hull have got the better of us with this one. Gaston on loan and in return we get Long for £12m. Gaston is a international who played in the world cup whilst Long was searching for four leaf clovers on his holidays in Cork. Bruce must be ****ing himself.

Saints still own both Long and Ramirez, Hull will have paid Saints a signicant loan fee/cover a large % of his wages.

Gutted. Dumb move our options off the bench are so bad even mayuka is making the bench, gaston looked class on saturday and we started playing much better when he replaced long.what happens if tadic picks up a injury?

This has tarnished the man'e deal for me unless hes exceptional we are hardly any better off.

Shane Long won't declare himself unfit if he chips a fingernail.

Attitude + some ability > no attitude + lots of ability

I reckon Les will be ****ing himself to now he has off loaded bit part player, on high wages who will, most likely, spend more time in Hulls treatment room than on the pitch.

i've no idea why, but i'm kinda sorry to see Gaston go. I think i'm easily pleased because his excellent play was probably no more than 90 minutes in total since he has been here. Just really wanted to see him turn it on in a Saints shirt. Part of me thinks that although Koeman probably saw the flashes of brilliance we all know he had , he probably also saw a player who does not have the work ethic that he demands. If we are saving a shed load of money on this deal and we do get Mane in or whatever his name is then its probably not bad business.

Gaston started 3 games last season - Long has nearly done that already...****ing himself!!!

Well that's just a stupid comment.

Gaston has not yet proven he can make a significant impact in this league, simple as. You can't judge a player on the fact he went to a world cup, after all he hardly played! He is struggling to get a place in our team and when he gets a chance has not kept it.

Gaston will not be allowed to play against us this season . That's good news

Hopefully, Agent Ramirez will help Hull thieve a few points off some of our direct competitors, (whilst being unavailable to play against us.) We are the new chelsea.

We've got a serious lack of quality attacking options and I believe it will come back to haunt us. Yes we scored 3 at west ham but they were utter ****e. Sadly, I see more performances like the one against WBA than the one against WHU unless we address this. Just hope we land this winger and he delivers the goods. Need J-Rod back & to find form quickly as I'm still not convinced that Long or Pelle are the answer.

Two appearances for a total of 51 minutes. It's amazing they didn't win the whole thing.

Would have like to see Ramirez stay and earn a regular place in the first team on merit here, but I guess the club didn't see it that way.

If he comes back having played regular football, got a bit of form and confidence, could work out well for Hull AND us.

Gutted. Dumb move our options off the bench are so bad even mayuka is making the bench, gaston looked class on saturday and we started playing much better when he replaced long.what happens if tadic picks up a injury?

This has tarnished the man'e deal for me unless hes exceptional we are hardly any better off.

He really doesn't need to be exceptional if Mane can manage to play a dozen full 90 minute games he will of contributed more than Gaston a player who seemingly becomes better the less he plays

We've got a serious lack of quality attacking options and I believe it will come back to haunt us. Yes we scored 3 at west ham but they were utter ****e. Sadly, I see more performances like the one against WBA than the one against WHU unless we address this. Just hope we land this winger and he delivers the goods. Need J-Rod back & to find form quickly as I'm still not convinced that Long or Pelle are the answer.

But all he gave us was potential options, he never gave us actual options. We'd keep him here, but I bet you that he'll be missing more than he's available. The kid is made of glass.

Everyone comments on Ramirez on what he hasn't done. Yet they then talk about incoming players and potential signings based on potential, what they might do etc. I completely agree with doing the latter, but you can't have it both ways.Gaston hasn't done enough yet, but he's done more than Townsend or Redmond. Hull have a player with everything to prove who needs game time in his preferred position. Great move for them IMO.
Ramirez has been with us two years now and has significantly under-achieved, I don't think anyone can argue with that.

I will not be happy with gaston gone and they other two failing in the last 18 minutes of the window.

But on a. More positive note the club would not have released him had mane and Toby not signed . So I'm guessing they have signed

staples, don't over think it. You will hurt your brain.

Well that's just a stupid comment.

Gaston has not yet proven he can make a significant impact in this league, simple as. You can't judge a player on the fact he went to a world cup, after all he hardly played! He is struggling to get a place in our team and when he gets a chance has not kept it.

It's not a stupid comment. He made a big impact on saturday and now we'll never knkw what Koeman could've got out of him. We seriously lack players who can change a game so letting him go is a big mistake. Watch him turn it on at Hull with a decent run in the side, which is exactly what he should've had at Saints!!!

Ramirez has been with us two years now and has significantly under-achieved, I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Yeah, never really done anything for us. The frustration from everyone is still based on ''what he could'' do for us.....because we're yet to really see it! Not sure what makes this season any different, is he going to all of a sudden going to become fit all year for start? Nope.

On what evidence? The bloke has dine **** all in 2 years. Injured most of the time and makes one good pass in 20, has a temper and doesn't defend. Oh and he has no pace.

Happy for him to prove me wrong, can't see it though. Him and Osvaldo were totally rubbish buys.

Reasonable summary

Irrespective of his actual playing time at the WC he is obviously quite a talented chap to make the squad and indeed first 11 of FIFA's no.2 ranked team in the world.

Again label all you want but in the end it's about what you do on the pitch for Southampton that counts. And he has been disappointing overall.