CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

Apparently he's agreed a four year deal at liverpool. Just the fee to worry about now. Expect this to be wrapped up very soon.

If true the disheartening thing is once someone is linked with our players they go pretty quick but when we want someone it takes an age...even if he is going make them wait until the end of August...why let him have a full pre season with them when for example Celtic kept us waiting until after the start of the season for VVD?

We may not be able to stop it but we don't even delay it? No wonder it feels like we leave the door open for anyone wanting to leave.

Oh but we might not say thanks to them when they go..that will show them.

Edited by Saint-Fred

Apparently he's agreed a four year deal at liverpool. Just the fee to worry about now. Expect this to be wrapped up very soon.

I assume he will show no interest in signing a new deal with us. Sadly.

We won't allow his contract to run down to just one year left because of the huge reduction in transfer fee we would be able to demand, thus he will be allowed to leave at the right price.

The fans appear to have been given a heads up on that amount, which at £30m is somewhat lower than I had hoped for.

Facking annoying. Does things very few other can.

If true the disheartening thing is once someone is linked with our players they go pretty quick but when we want someone it takes an age...even if he is going make them wait until the end of August...why let him have a full pre season with them when for example Celtic kept us waiting until after the start of the season for VVD?

We may not be able to stop it but we don't even delay it? No wonder it feels like we leave the door open for anyone wanting to leave.

Oh but we might not say thanks to them when they go..that will show them.

Like your style, but getting any deal done now will maximise the opportunity for us to get replacements in.

Like your style, but getting any deal done now will maximise the opportunity for us to get replacements in.

If we know he is going then I can't see it affects replacements..if we keep Liverpool waiting it detracts from other targets they may pursue, once they have him they can focus on the next deal, if it's up in the air they will have to consider multiple options as well especially with a big money purchase. Why do they come to us first? Because we cave quickly and they can build their squad at leasure dealing with the more difficult clubs?

And if we sell first everyone knows we are desperate for a replacement.

If we hang it out maybe someone else's first choice won't happen and they will come in for him to and start a bidding war?

Surely we cannot be so strapped for cash we cannot buy first and then sell him 6 weeks later?

I would assume that to be an unofficial agreement of a deal because' date=' if we've not agreed a fee, presumably he shouldn't have spoken to them yet?[/quote']

Hmm yes and Everton agreed a deal with us before offering RK 6 million pound a year!

Exactly this. And I don't know why it's so difficult for people to get their head around this. Players are driven playing at the highest possible level and by money, as are agents, Mane will go, the clubs job is to get the best price they can in order to re-invest.

Are you a player's manager?

Panic over everyone Liverpool are going to raise the money to buy Mane by selling.....................................................Benteke :lol:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/06/25/liverpool-to-fund-swoop-for-southampton-man-by-selling-christian-benteke/292065/

"Despite the difference between the figures, Liverpool are hoping to negotiate a deal for the winger in the coming months and convince the Saints to accept a more acceptable fee for the player."

So negotiations are expected to last months, not days, because Southampton are expected to be tough negotiators. That's more like it.

Wonder how much VVD will fetch next summer. Find it a bit odd massive clubs haven't come in for him. They spend fortunes on players like mangala with no experience of the premier league. Mane might end up being a top top player, but I think VVD could improve most the defences in Europe right now, he's a fantastic defender, consistent, fast, great on the ball. If I was arsenal, city, Barcelona I'd be after him right now. Far, far far better than Stones anyway.

shush

"Despite the difference between the figures, Liverpool are hoping to negotiate a deal for the winger in the coming months and convince the Saints to accept a more acceptable fee for the player."

So negotiations are expected to last months, not days, because Southampton are expected to be tough negotiators. That's more like it.

We definitely shouldn't be taking months over this. we need the deal done quickly with us telling LFC the acceptable figure and giving them a decent deadline. If Mane is leaving, we don't need him here when players are returning for pre season. Our business needs to be done quickly this summer.

We definitely shouldn't be taking months over this. we need the deal done quickly with us telling LFC the acceptable figure and giving them a decent deadline. If Mane is leaving, we don't need him here when players are returning for pre season. Our business needs to be done quickly this summer.

Sorry but boll ockx to Liverpool, we owe them nothing

We should take what ever time is necessary to maximise our return on this vauable asset

Waiting longer may introduce more competition why the hell should we sell cheap to Liverpool a player still well within his contract

Not followed this thread much so forgive me for asking 2 questions that have no doubt been asked and answered elsewhere.

Why do African papers seem to think Mané has a 37 million € buyout clause and how much of that will we owe Red Bull Salzburg?

Has a saints player ever had a buy out clause? I can't think of one? Morgan thought he did which is why spurs tried to nick him on the cheap two summers ago, but he didn't, hence the hissy fit.

Has a saints player ever had a buy out clause? I can't think of one? Morgan thought he did which is why spurs tried to nick him on the cheap two summers ago, but he didn't, hence the hissy fit.

No he didn't think he had one - He would have a copy of his own contract. That's not what the hissy fit was about. He believed he had a gentleman's agreement.

No he didn't think he had one - He would have a copy of his own contract. That's not what the hissy fit was about. He believed he had a gentleman's agreement.

Ah Ok I was going on the Jeremy Wilson article on the 2014 summer meltdown

Krueger would then come out publicly to say that no one else would be leaving. A £10 million bid had been made by Tottenham for Schneiderlin in the belief that he had a release clause. Schneiderlin thought this had been agreed with Cortese when he signed a contract extension the previous year. It left a difficult situation to manage but, after sounding off on Twitter, Schneiderlin met with Koeman and Krueger at the club's training ground. He was advised to think about how his career might be affected by any refusal to play. He was given two days off to clear his head, returned fully focused and has been Southampton's best player so far this season.

Tottenham never returned with another bid once it become clear that there was no release clause.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11140340/The-inside-story-of-Southamptons-brilliant-start-to-the-Premier-League-season-under-Ronald-Koeman.html

Unless the club have a player (or players) lined up that it is absolutely convinced make us a better team than we are with Mane then there is no reason to sell him for £30m. We don't need the money, the new TV deal means signing a player from another Premier League club should cost an arm and a leg, and buying abroad just got more expensive for replacements due to the referendum. £30m is nothing - £40m at least. Otherwise what is the point?

The policy we have of selling players for top dollar and using it to strengthen the squad considerably has worked IMO. It's frustrating players are leaving but if we do get two or three in for Mane IMO it may be a good move. My fear is we skimp on the quality and try to find 3-5 million bargains like Juami, Romeau, Cocu and end up padding the squad with players who may not add to the quality. We did that under Lowe and it didn't work.

Exactly. Only quality players will bring success. We have to buy wisely. We don't want lots of average players on long contracts.

Paul Joyce on Twitter: Sadio Mane to have medical at Liverpool on Monday. £30m deal.

Chris Bascombe:LFC’s £30m bid for Sadio Mane has been accepted by Southampton. Mane will have medical on Monday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/26/liverpool-transfer-news-30m-fee-agreed-for-sadio-mane-switch-fro/

Edited by SuperSAINT

Some morning papers carrying Mané medical tomorrow at #LFC - fee quoted is 30M - so that's a briefing from Liverpool end - #saintsfc want 35

According to Adam Blackmore

It took Liverpool until late July to pay the Benteke release clause. They would have buckled again with Mane & paid more.

Without knowing the full story, selling our best attacking player to Pool just seems crazy to me. What is the 30 mill going to buy us? This leaves us with VVD as the last highly saleable asset, perhaps Bertrand as well. What then? It just looks like a cave-in economic decision at a time when we don't even have a Manager. At this rate we're going to look more like West Brom and Crystal Palace than a top 6-8 side.