Burnley build up

SO16_Saint

Premier League ‏@premierleague 15 minutes ago

.@DWindass10 has gone for: BUR 1-0 SOU CHE 3-0 HUL CRY 2-1 STK LEI 1-3 MCI SUN 0-0 WHU WBA 1-1 AVL ARS 3-1 NEW

Premier League ‏@premierleague 27 minutes ago

.@Robbie9Fowler's predictions: BUR 1-1 SOU CHE 4-0 HUL CRY 1-0 STK LEI 1-3 MCI SUN 2-2 WHU WBA 0-0 AVL ARS 2-0 NEW

Very strange team selection. Wasn't expecting Hesketh to start but then he didn't do badly on Monday night, a few good touches and knew where his team mates were. Also, I think I'd start Long ahead of Mane and use Mane as an impact sub. Especially as Burnley are a very physical side, Long will be better equipt to deal with that IMO.

Amazing that some people genuinely want players out for Tuesday, incredible that people don't seem to want to go through. Sheff Utd maybe 2 leagues below us but they'll be up for it and as it's at their home ground I'd say we need to play our strongest team. I want to win it. This could be our best chance to win a major cup for years but each to their own I guess.

Decent team considering Schneiderlin is still out. I, too, thought Hesketh looked good in his cameo on Monday. The game passed him by when we went long but before that he looked skilful, tidy and intelligent.

The bench finally looks to have some strength there. We should be ready for all eventualities.

Long and Mane are very different but they are unlikely to play together very often. I like them both. Mane can be a match winner even on an off day.

Hartson on the BBC

"Southampton had a fantastic start and got themselves up to third. They have played some top sides in their last three matches and lost and now they need to get back to winning ways."

We were second at one point. Bloody media. :-)