--------------Pelle--------------------

I really hope so. If that's the case, I'd go with:

--------------Forster-------------------

Clyne, Fonte, Alderwiereld, Bertrand

------Wanyama, Schniederlin-------

--------------Davis-------------------

Long----------------------------Tadic

Pretty much full strength for us, I'd say.

Rest anyone who is tired or has a niggle for the league cup game. We're not going to finish top 4 so may as well go all out for the cup.

No. The League Cup is worthless compared to staying in the Premier League. Lose to Burnley and we will start the slide to the relegation zone.

This game will be tough, Burnley will be seeing this game as a must win to get some valuable points before the christmas period. I will be there and I'm yet to see Saints win away from home this season. (I've only missed the away wins this season so blame me if it doesn't go to plan) Fingers firmly crossed for this one

Tadic HAS to play No. 10. Has to. He simply hasn't got the pace to be a winger at this level. He was 10x better last night. Got involved with Pelle and could've had 2 assists in the first half had he not got the passes completely wrong. So much more dangerous in there. I think we'll see him in there when Jay returns.

Tadic HAS to play No. 10. Has to. He simply hasn't got the pace to be a winger at this level. He was 10x better last night. Got involved with Pelle and could've had 2 assists in the first half had he not got the passes completely wrong. So much more dangerous in there. I think we'll see him in there when Jay returns.

that would require playing 4231, when Koeman prefers 433?

Unless you propose on playing a 433 with two holding midfielders and one attacking number 10 like player? then it would mean having all lot long, mane and pelle on... (or jay rod when he's back) and dropping one of wanyama, schneiderlin or steven davis...

I really hope so. If that's the case, I'd go with:

--------------Forster-------------------

Clyne, Fonte, Alderwiereld, Bertrand

------Wanyama, Schniederlin-------

--------------Davis-------------------

Long----------------------------Tadic

Yep - we will slaughter them.

Exactly the right oportunity to decide if we should go for Danny Ings. If he makes fools of our defenders ....then maybe it's a go.

If he's played out of the game / is almost invisible ....don't bother and move on.

Yep, that's how players are scouted.

Why do people come on here with their "MUST WIN" ... Ahhh only joking... lines or their 'one more loss and we're in a relegation fight' comments just to see if they can get a 'bite'? Are there people ****ing idiots or just attention seeking?

I can't speak for others but I said 'Must win' to take the p*ss out of the people who over react to every loss/bit of bad news, as happens so often on this forum. So sorry it bothered you so much.

Can see us getting turned over - think the intensity of the game will catch a few by surprise, especially since the past week has been pretty draining.

I think if we play at the same level as we did against Arsenal and Man Utd then we'll win, we'd be too much for them. They will fight, of course, but their lack of any true PL quality through that side is shocking.

I'm amazed by the reaction to the Man U loss. I get the disappointment. But the game also revealed beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are actually a better team than Man U currently. Replay that game four more times and we would have won 3 and drawn 1. So that's a reason to be excited, isn't it? I watched the Arsenal game with Arsenal fans and they agreed it was an even game until we lost Toby. Bad luck usually evens out. Truth is, we had a couple of lucky wins earlier in the season. We were never the second best team in the league. But we have enough evidence now to know that we're a lot better than the 8th best team. We're genuinely, definitively better than last year, and, bar a truly dreadful run of injuries, the final table should show that. I'd say we would end higher than Man U, except they have a bunch of great players due to return.

Every game has a huge roll-of-the-dice element to it. That's football. There's a chance we draw or lose at Burnley, but it's really unlikely. Davis had a brilliant game Monday, as did Wanyama. Tadic often looked back to his best. I was excited at the cameo played by Hesketh. He's going to be fabulous. Isgrove and Reed are there too at some point. We have more depth than people think. Even Mane is a couple of great finishes away from being a rediscovered hero here. If his dribble through had found an opening Monday it would have been a goal of the season. When confidence matters so much to a player, we should ease up on the zingers against him. He'll get there.

Keep the faith, boys and girls.

I'm amazed by the reaction to the Man U loss. I get the disappointment. But the game also revealed beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are actually a better team than Man U currently. Replay that game four more times and we would have won 3 and drawn 1. So that's a reason to be excited, isn't it? I watched the Arsenal game with Arsenal fans and they agreed it was an even game until we lost Toby. Bad luck usually evens out. Truth is, we had a couple of lucky wins earlier in the season. We were never the second best team in the league. But we have enough evidence now to know that we're a lot better than the 8th best team. We're genuinely, definitively better than last year, and, bar a truly dreadful run of injuries, the final table should show that. I'd say we would end higher than Man U, except they have a bunch of great players due to return.

Every game has a huge roll-of-the-dice element to it. That's football. There's a chance we draw or lose at Burnley, but it's really unlikely. Davis had a brilliant game Monday, as did Wanyama. Tadic often looked back to his best. I was excited at the cameo played by Hesketh. He's going to be fabulous. Isgrove and Reed are there too at some point. We have more depth than people think. Even Mane is a couple of great finishes away from being a rediscovered hero here. If his dribble through had found an opening Monday it would have been a goal of the season. When confidence matters so much to a player, we should ease up on the zingers against him. He'll get there.

? like

But you have summed up exactly why there is a bit of negative reaction to this latest loss, the third in a row, we are losing when as you say we should be winning, means that something is fundamentally wrong with our tactics or execution of them. We could have beaten Arsenal but we didn't, we definitely should have beaten Utd but we didn't, it means basically that we cannot seem to fulfill our potential against some of the better sides in the league. Three straight losses will never ever be met with universal approval, questions will be asked every time. Why I bet even Ronald has had to explain it away, as he says when you lose everything is shît.

As we saw against Utd, that riles fans you know, especially when the opponents have a player who sinks any loose ball that comes his way.

Agreed - sorely ****es me off. I was there and for the second I made two comments before the ball was kicked 1st one - not the time to be bringing a sub on. 2nd who the feck is watching van persie.

agreed with this!

we have had our fair share of luck:

hull- they had their third choice keeper and wanyama 40 yarder could've went anywhere

swansea- until bony got sent off they were still in it

qpr- had belle not scored that wonder goal

there are probably others, but thats what football is- all ifs and buts, and who has the final luck on the day.

also, on another note: guess who I saw at subway today :) Alderweireld! He said he will be fit for Burnley game :D A very nice guy indeed

Personally am worried about this one, and especially the pervading sense amongst fans that we will necessarily win. They will be well up for this one, and we have those injury problems in the midfield, allied to a striking department that hasn't been firing on any cylinders for a while. Manage your expectations, people. Would personally be happy to get back to a clean sheet and a 0-0.

Personally am worried about this one, and especially the pervading sense amongst fans that we will necessarily win. They will be well up for this one, and we have those injury problems in the midfield, allied to a striking department that hasn't been firing on any cylinders for a while. Manage your expectations, people. Would personally be happy to get back to a clean sheet and a 0-0.

sorry but this burnley a team who has been in bottom 3 pretty much all season and have managed two wins.............if we don't feel we can get a win here we might as well jack in the PL. There has to be some teams we are allowed to feel confident against.

To be honest another defeat is just not to be considered, we won't lose 4 on the trot or take 1 point from 5, don't think we do that any more.

But you have summed up exactly why there is a bit of negative reaction to this latest loss, the third in a row, we are losing when as you say we should be winning, means that something is fundamentally wrong with our tactics or execution of them. We could have beaten Arsenal but we didn't, we definitely should have beaten Utd but we didn't, it means basically that we cannot seem to fulfill our potential against some of the better sides in the league. Three straight losses will never ever be met with universal approval, questions will be asked every time. Why I bet even Ronald has had to explain it away, as he says when you lose everything is shît.

I expect all the supporters of the bottom 5 have a similar tale to tell. At the end of the day you are judged by your results. The league table does not lie.

Got spare train tickets for Saturday. 8.40 from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly and 6.14 back from Burnley Manchester Road to Euston via Preston. You would need to buy a ticket from Manchester to Burnley on the way up. It's with a 16-25 railcard. Late notice so make an offer.

Edited by Griffo

Exactly the right oportunity to decide if we should go for Danny Ings. If he makes fools of our defenders ....then maybe it's a go.

If he's played out of the game / is almost invisible ....don't bother and move on.

that's probably why we never signed rodriguez.