Burnley build up

SO16_Saint

Personally i'll be spending all afternoon dreaming about what might have been as i watch Sam Vokes, Danny Ings and Lukas Jutwitez turning out for the opposition. It should have been us.

TBF that is a ****ing good attacking line up................................................................................................................................................................for league 1

I expect all the supporters of the bottom 5 have a similar tale to tell. At the end of the day you are judged by your results. The league table does not lie.

But that's the whole point. If your interest is in ranking every team in the premier league by overall ability and effectiveness (ie. the ranking they would have if they each got to play 100 games against each other) then the league table at any one point in time absolutely does lie. Think of the league table after 3 games for example. It might have Aston Villa in second place. Does that mean that at that moment in time Aston Villa are the second best team in the country? I think not. Everyone knows there is a ton of luck in football. But when it goes against you, people look for a non-iuck explanation and end up needlessly critical and bitter! It's a game. And we play it very well.

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "@Prowsey16 is back in training with the group. He needs more time, but will be in the squad for the next two games." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman says @AlderweireldTob is back in training and will be fit for Saturday, while @SchneiderlinMo4 has a chance for Tuesday. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman says he will take 22 players north for #SaintsFC's next two games.

Surely it'd be better if we lose as a win would just confirm us as flat track bullies.

I know you are messing but I'll take the flat track bully tag all day - Arsenal annually finish Top 4 despite getting mugged off by all around them in the immediate vicinity in the table and often putting in performances like ours against Man Utd on Monday. It's converting draws to wins against the 'lesser' teams that will make the biggest difference to our season.

I know you are messing but I'll take the flat track bully tag all day - Arsenal annually finish Top 4 despite getting mugged off by all around them in the immediate vicinity in the table and often putting in performances like ours against Man Utd on Monday. It's converting draws to wins against the 'lesser' teams that will make the biggest difference to our season.

The main advantage Arsenal have over us is the fact that they don't have to play Arsenal but we do. So that's six points we have to make up on them before the season even kicks off.

I know many will look at the simple facts of it and see we lost to MC, Arsenal and Utd so aren't as good, but I thought we did ok. Yeah, MC we under performed but it was likely to be first goal wins IMO and a tight first half. Arsenal we did fine and should have got the draw, just bad luck to lose a man. Then Utd, sorry if you think I'm biassed but they were dreadful. It was like a cup game where the underdogs come and rob you. Yet it was Man utd. We should have won and our attack badly let us down, as did Fonte, which is very rare.

Not as bad as Arsenal-Utd, where Arsenal should have won by 3 or 4 yet somehow lost. Sometimes winning without playing well is a great sign, but with Man Utd I think it's luck that can't last, their defence is just appalling as opposition won't continue to miss chance after chance. Without De Gea they'd still be in the bottom half.

united have got lucky again....they play liverpool this weekend :lol:

The main advantage Arsenal have over us is the fact that they don't have to play Arsenal but we do. So that's six points we have to make up on them before the season even kicks off.

But conversely we would beat Southampton, especially with their injuries, so that's a 6 point advantage we would have over Arsenal. I think.

Have been assassinated by starting a separate thread that referred to Burley not Burnley......! But I was trying to help and point out that for this making the trip up north forecast is for heavy snow in Burnley Saturday morning so be aware re travelling plans

Have been assassinated by starting a separate thread that referred to Burley not Burnley......! But I was trying to help and point out that for this making the trip up north forecast is for heavy snow in Burnley Saturday morning so be aware re travelling plans

Don't worry. Dalek's get assassinated on a regular basis, it is a role they play in the grand scheme of things. You have to keep going.

I know many will look at the simple facts of it and see we lost to MC, Arsenal and Utd so aren't as good, but I thought we did ok. Yeah, MC we under performed but it was likely to be first goal wins IMO and a tight first half. Arsenal we did fine and should have got the draw, just bad luck to lose a man. Then Utd, sorry if you think I'm biassed but they were dreadful. It was like a cup game where the underdogs come and rob you. Yet it was Man utd. We should have won and our attack badly let us down, as did Fonte, which is very rare.

Not as bad as Arsenal-Utd, where Arsenal should have won by 3 or 4 yet somehow lost. Sometimes winning without playing well is a great sign, but with Man Utd I think it's luck that can't last, their defence is just appalling as opposition won't continue to miss chance after chance. Without De Gea they'd still be in the bottom half.

United didn't look like Underdogs, they looked like an underperforming team with a class striker.

There isn't much 'luck' to it.

Not forecast here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654264

This won't be like Birmingham away in 2012. Still no idea how I managed to drive home through all that. Roads out of Brum blocked, cars marooned on the M42. Spent 90 minutes following in the tracks of lorry at 30mph. Was only just past Winch that I stopped fearing for my life.

....... for this making the trip up north forecast is for heavy snow in Burnley Saturday morning ......

Where did you see that ? It's currently persisting down oop 'ere in Lanky, but whilst there may be some light snow in the offing for tomorrow morning, the forecast for Dingleland on Saturday is chilly ( 3 to 5 degrees ) the precipitation looks like it will be limited to showers, possibly with a little sleet.

Edited by badgerx16

Great news if Toby is back.

Stick him in midfield, with Davis back in usual position and Mane or Long on the bench.

Toby's gonna score a screamer soon.

no, no and no.

We look so much more solid when Tony Underwood is in the back 4. Get that back 4 back together and stick with Davis and Wanyama in front who did well against Man United. Keep the front 4 the same too.

no, no and no.

We look so much more solid when Tony Underwood is in the back 4. Get that back 4 back together and stick with Davis and Wanyama in front who did well against Man United. Keep the front 4 the same too.

Agreed.

Mane may be frustrating but he is the sort of player who's unpredictability and directness we may well need to get by Burnley. It doesn't even need to be clever, it could just be him running at the defence and we get a lucky break or bounce that another player benefits from, but you've got to make the pitch big against teams like Burnley and ensure they can't defend with the ball in front of them all the time.

no, no and no.

Toby looked good in midfield and defence, I don't have any concerns about him playing either position.

What it comes down to is would you rather have Mane up front or Yoshi in defence. For me it's most definitely the latter.

Toby looked good in midfield and defence, I don't have any concerns about him playing either position.

What it comes down to is would you rather have Mane up front or Yoshi in defence. For me it's most definitely the latter

No, no, no we just cannot afford to have Jose and Maya playing together, one or t'other always produces at least one coc.kup of a howler per match whereas Toby is steady as a rock and brings more out of Jose. Try Yosh up front as a sub.

No, no, no we just cannot afford to have Jose and Maya playing together, one or t'other always produces at least one coc.kup of a howler per match whereas Toby is steady as a rock and brings more out of Jose. Try Yosh up front as a sub.

Maya has played well last 3 games imo

Not forecast here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654264

This won't be like Birmingham away in 2012. Still no idea how I managed to drive home through all that. Roads out of Brum blocked, cars marooned on the M42. Spent 90 minutes following in the tracks of lorry at 30mph. Was only just past Winch that I stopped fearing for my life.

Remember that well, no way should it have gone ahead! I feel it it wasn't on SKY it wouldn't have. Took us 8 hours to drive home, nightmare.

Remember that well, no way should it have gone ahead! I feel it it wasn't on SKY it wouldn't have. Took us 8 hours to drive home, nightmare.

I remember that game, not because I went but it was the day I flew out of Manchester to go skiing. The flight was delayed by the snow, turned out it was the start of a cold snap which hit Western Europe. When we landed in Grenoble it was -7, by the time we got up into the Alps it was below -20 and stayed there all week.

Coldest game I can remember being at was Leeds away in League 1. Was about this time of year, the fixture before X-mas I think and was -5 all day. It was made all the worse by a truly dreadful game where both teams were rubbish. Leeds won it through a peach from Snodgrass.

Best bit of that day was leaving the ground on the bingo bus, we saw a Leeds fan fall flat on his arse on the ice. Was lying there giving us all the Vs, whilst looking a complete tit, flat on the floor.

Much needed win to stop negative press and players falling into a rot.

A nice 2-0 victory would be great move us back into top 4 potentially if West Ham draw or lose and also move us further away from Liverpool as I see them getting beat vs UTD and we are all happy again.

Any win will do, if we perform like we did monday then we should create plenty. One thing's for certain, Mane can't be any worse if he plays. If he finds a team mate with even one pass, it will be an improvement! I can't see either Liverpool or Spurs winning tomorrow so we need to increase the gap over them.

Any win will do, if we perform like we did monday then we should create plenty. One thing's for certain, Mane can't be any worse if he plays. If he finds a team mate with even one pass, it will be an improvement! I can't see either Liverpool or Spurs winning tomorrow so we need to increase the gap over them.

the best one when he took a quick free kick. and then got the ball himself..lol

Much needed win to stop negative press and players falling into a rot.

A nice 2-0 victory would be great move us back into top 4 potentially if West Ham draw or lose and also move us further away from Liverpool as I see them getting beat vs UTD and we are all happy again.

Agree, would be nice to get the other side of the 30 point mark before New Year.

@

SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "@Prowsey16 is back in training with the group. He needs more time, but will be in the squad for the next two games." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman says @AlderweireldTob is back in training and will be fit for Saturday, while @SchneiderlinMo4 has a chance for Tuesday. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman says he will take 22 players north for #SaintsFC's next two games.

......IMO....

1) JWP will be oncoming sub.today - 60-70 mins. depending on how the game is going.

2) Toby will start today. Schneiderlin probably won't play on Tuesday, either ...???

3) " the 22" will surely contain 4 or 5 Academy graduates - just how many will get to play is anyone's guess.?