Newcastle 1 - 2 Southampton Post Match euphoria

SNSUN

MotM vs Newcastle United (Away 2014/15)  

477 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Newcastle United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Davis, S
    • Reed
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Long
    • Targett

Nothing says top 4 team like a referee bottling a penalty decision in your favour. That's when I knew we had really made it!

How many is that we've got away with Citeh, Chelsea and the toon come to mind. We are well on away to being a big club next up we need an outrageous amount of injury time, to score a winner, when drawing a game at home

I was staggered that after the heavy Christmas fixture list, major injuries and three big games in a week, the players were still chasing like a swarm of yellow bees right until the end! What a team!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This exactly. I couldn't believe how well the players kept their energy levels during this last match of three difficult away games. And it was a fast flowing game too.

A few quotes from one of their forums: http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7216&start=400

"Well done ref if not giving the penalty (likely us getting draw) if it makes sure Carver isn't picked as manager"

"Lads , let's be honest. Two years ago this was a banker three points.

They've shown us what happens when you have committed owner, good manager and youth policy that produces results.

Us? Gone backwards. Big style.

Sad but true."

:)

Next 2 games for them are Arsenal and Chelsea

Hope City beat Arsenal. Keep that gap at 6 points.

Oh oh oh, forgot to say I was glad to see Cork get more game time today. He's an important player for us to have back.

Love the comments of one Spurs fan on another site:

"I hate Southampton. They play awful football (parking the bus against Newcastle lol), they're fans always have a chip on their shoulder and can't just appreciate that they are having a good season instead its all about proving people wrong, their manager is an absolutely classless ****. Oh well, this is their best season ever in the Premier League and one of our worst yet we are still only 5 points off them on the table, still in Europe, still in the COC. Rubbish club that would devalue the Champions League if they made it".

That bloke will be so ****ed if we get there and spurs don't. What a load of drivel. We would be a gift to the champions league and to sportsmanship. The elitist snobs need to be put in their place and our boys are going to do it.

I think it would have been a harsh penalty decision. The ball was kicked at Fonte's arm at point blank range

Even with saints tinted specs on, that's how I saw it. What was it, a couple of yards? And fonte seemed to be trying to get his arms behind him?? Would have been a very harsh pen imho.

All these teams having a pop at our position is a mixture of jealousy and "little old Southampton syndrome", where anyone over the age of 16 remembers us as the Premier League club that battled relegation year on year. Well we're not that team anymore. We have players coveted by others because they're top ****ing class. We have a manager that is likeable and has tactical nous, not to mention a seeming penchant for transfers. We have an owner who provides the funding while keeping her head down, thus continuing her fathers's legacy. In fact the whole set up of this club is bang on.

We'll have one or two of the unavailable players from today back for the next game I should think. Let's get top 4 and rustle a few feathers.

I was confined to listening the game on Talk Sh ite. Stan "I just cannot help talking bo llocks at 90 mph" Collymore reckoned that we looked like a youth team. Our squad looks that young and inexperienced.

Good. Just wait until we put the senior side out again, that'll show him

Just back from the game - great result! Very pleased with the 3 points considering all the players we're missing. Can't wait to see where we go from here, we're in such a good position now.

A note about the atmosphere in the ground as well, it was incredibly edgy. Newcastle fans very quiet and got angry very quickly against the ref and our players (which seemed to spur Tadic on tbf!). Seems to be a lot of discontent with them at the moment. I'd like to see them succeed, good club with a big fanbase that deserve to be higher than they are. Dream scenario for them would be for Ashley to sell the club ASAP and for them to get a good manager in to steady the ship and build a good squad, because their team was packed full of sh!te today.

Brilliant result. Would have happily taken a point.

I thought Reed was excellent. Will be a big part of our future. Ward Prowse had a really good game too. If only he had a yard of pace (though I said the same of Lallana).

Pelle was much better today. Obviously benefitted from a rest in the week and did well at both ends. Cleared from corners/set pieces regularly and hit the woodwork again.

Top game from Clyne. Looked every inch the England right back today.

Eljero Elia. Instant legend! Take a bow!

Tadic. Stop pointing where you think everyone else should be and have a bit of faith in them. Do your own job before you start whining at others and going down every 5 seconds. Stop whining at the ref and get on with helping your team mates! Other than that. Did ok.

3rd in the table. Still.

It would be great if we can regroup and kick on again. Morgan, Vic, Mane and J-Rod to come back. Happy days!

COYS!!!!

I thought we rode our luck at times today but given the context of three hard away games and so much travel this was an outstanding performance and result. We, looked better when Corky came on and held midfield with the excellent Harry Reed allowing Davis to move forward. Elia outstanding, back four solid and Pelle had his moments. Nice assist from JWP for the first goal but I still can't see a nailed on role/position for him in the team. He doesn't have the pace to play out wide; isn't really suited playing in the hole behind Pelle and doesn't have the defensive game to hold in midfield. By contrast, Reed has all the skills and tenacity to become a regular holding midfielder.

A few quotes from one of their forums: http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7216&start=400

"Well done ref if not giving the penalty (likely us getting draw) if it makes sure Carver isn't picked as manager"

"Lads , let's be honest. Two years ago this was a banker three points.

They've shown us what happens when you have committed owner, good manager and youth policy that produces results.

Us? Gone backwards. Big style.

Sad but true."

:)

I know what they mean about the youth policy. You only have to go back a couple of yrs and Newcastle were churning out top players from the ranks like nobody's business. Who doesn't remember the likes of.......................er.............................

Played well.

Reed great again, keeping Cork out of the side on merit.

Only question for me was Forster on the goal, should have been out quicker and have a better staring position.

It was an absolute freak goal.....no idea what you are talking about.

I was confined to listening the game on Talk Sh ite. Stan "I just cannot help talking bo llocks at 90 mph" Collymore reckoned that we looked like a youth team. Our squad looks that young and inexperienced.

You'll no doubt have heard the numbskull commentatator saying that Peter Wanyama was out injured. That Radio station has done the most to bring down the quality of on air Radio over the past year with their constant screaming, yelling, repetitive nonsense round the clock.

Just seen it again on MOTD. It's laughable that the pundits are all claiming it was a stonewall penalty, yet they completely ignore there was a blatant handball by a Newcastle player just before it. Justice was done IMO.

Absolutely. Funny how the replays all start just after the handball by Colback.

Love the comments of one Spurs fan on another site:

"I hate Southampton. They play awful football (parking the bus against Newcastle lol), they're fans always have a chip on their shoulder and can't just appreciate that they are having a good season instead its all about proving people wrong, their manager is an absolutely classless ****. Oh well, this is their best season ever in the Premier League and one of our worst yet we are still only 5 points off them on the table, still in Europe, still in the COC. Rubbish club that would devalue the Champions League if they made it".

Who cares, he's probably about 14.

Great performance again today, absolutely loved it!