Newcastle 1 - 2 Southampton Post Match euphoria

SNSUN

MotM vs Newcastle United (Away 2014/15)  

477 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Newcastle United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Davis, S
    • Reed
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Long
    • Targett

That is staggering. They were woeful.

played like a lower league team i thought, you can get a fair way being big, strong, headless chickens, but in premier league a bit of organisation, nous & composure is preferred. Only one team had any of that.

Worth noting that goal difference suggests we're not only solidly champions league, but solidly the third best team in the league.

Yeah, the goal difference is massively impressive.

Also worth noting from last season, we are 11 points better off - 11 points!! and we have a goal difference which is +17 better! Incredible, truly incredible. Even more so given the fact that we've just gone through the toughest run of fixtures all season.

Top 4 just seems so far fetched for us to even be talking about, silly in fact, but when you look at the position, the points, the goal difference, the renmaing games and the total number of games left.....it's there, it's within reach and its' gettable. It's truly something out of a dream.

newcastle just an odd team.

some good players, so terrible ones

they do not seem to have an identity, just require players like ameobi, sissoko or cabella to provide some individual magic to get them points most games

they should have gotten a point from us (from their point of view). Many big players out and even fonte saying we were very tired after the week we have had

ah well, I hope carver gets the job....wasnt he the moron that did most of the gobbing off on the sidelines last season?

Read through the comments, fair to say we are not being patronised anymore...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/30516082

Love the comments of one Spurs fan on another site:

"I hate Southampton. They play awful football (parking the bus against Newcastle lol), they're fans always have a chip on their shoulder and can't just appreciate that they are having a good season instead its all about proving people wrong, their manager is an absolutely classless ****. Oh well, this is their best season ever in the Premier League and one of our worst yet we are still only 5 points off them on the table, still in Europe, still in the COC. Rubbish club that would devalue the Champions League if they made it".

Buzzing!!!

3 away wins in a week!

2 excellently taken goals by Elia. Can't wait to see him and Mane on the pitch together!!

1 outstanding midfield performance from our next gen - Harry Reed - especially important given those missing today!!!

that handball was a fair shout for newcastle

you seen them given and I would have wanted one for saints had that been the other end

but then, who cares

Didn't we have a stick on handball pen denied at their place a season or so ago? Like you say who cares whether it was or wasn't.

It was me, I tells ya, it was me! I found a new pub to watch the footie in; next village but actually a closer walk than where I used to go in my village, good beer, open fire, chatty locals and .... 3 wins from 3!! We're meant to be playing tomorrow so I've called it a night, but otherwise I'd still be there. :)

Incidentally, for the Newcastle appeal for handball I thought they'd done one themselves in the lead up?

Amazing, we seem to have forgotten how to lose, this is unreal.

We are currently on 42 points. Top 4 should be achieved by getting 33 points from our next 16 games.

Home games: Swansea, West Ham, Liverpool, Palace, Burnley, Hull, Spurs, Villa

Away games: QPR, West Brom, Chelsea, Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, Leicester, Citeh

I can see 33 points from that lot.

Bloody hell, champs league is really on.

:o

Win all our home games and draw all our away and we're in the Champions League boys! :D

I just like to give a shout out to someone who has made a major contribution to this fantastic season. Someone who made a selfless sacrifice, someone I'll be eternally grateful to...Mauricio Pochettino. Yes to Mauricio Pochettino for giving up his coveted post at Southampton FC and allowing Ronald Koeman to take us to a higher plane.

Cheers, you're a gent.:toppa:

he's pretty quick on non newcastle games but he may need booze for this one

I think I can give you a brief synopsis:

"Fooook'n' ridiculous like.... fooook'n'.... ah dunnooo man like.... fooook me, stonewaaall foook'n' penal'y like....foook'n' joke.....Ya daft cooonts ya!

Fair play ta Sathamt'n like!"

what a great performance for Elia, if Mané retains HIS form when he's back, Koeman will have a problem choosing who to play......

Good display from Harry Reed....what he may lack in height, he certainly makes up for in muscle....

Now eight League and Cup matches without defeat.....hope that " blip " was just history.

Not that it matters, but Forster at fault for the goal IMO.

Consistently camps too deep in his box and has to be more decisive.

The defenders know he doesn't come off his line so they don't want to take the chance of leaving it. Glad Gardos took responsibility, unlucky.

Some people must have something to moan about

Outstanding effort to win 3 away games in 6 days. Don't care whether the performances could or couldn't have been better at certain times, coming out of this week with a 100% record is a magnificent achievement and I couldn't be more proud of the team.

This. Well put.

Never seemed to be under any sort of real threat today even when shutting up shop in the last ten minutes. Great battling defensive displays from Davis & Reed but the lack of a creative spark meant we could not threaten their back four consistently enough to take the pressure off our back four. In the circumstances a dour and rugged performance, certainly not pretty but a valuable win that we just about merited. Elia MotM for two finely taken goals, cool hand luke indeed.

So, taking a step from the euphoria tonight.

Our lads looked knackered tonight. Not when you saw them running around on the pitch but when the cameras panned to close ups.

Another thing that stood out tonight, our lads are REALLY Intelligent footballers, even Tadic timing his rolling in agony, mentally, we were streets ahead of Newcastle. That Intelligence allowed us to still play well even though the faces showed the strain of the 3 games in a week, the Intelligence shows in the team spirit, in the way Elia went to RK to thank him for having faith in him. There ain't no billy big bollix in our family and we don't want any either. Praise the Black Box team & Academy coaches for that.

Intelligent footballers because even missing so many "big names" players came in and did the job they were asked to do.

We REALLY are one of the teams of the Century let alone the Season, not the best, not the most expensive and we won't win the League, but when they come to write Hostory books this squad are a unit and play for each other.

Brilliant night, gutted for Gardos that Forster made the error of communication, he is going to become a legend "Foot-in Gardos" how many times did he do that today? How good is Fonte making him look?

Elia? Inspired signing. Harry Reed? Awesome. MotM? The hwole bloody lot of them

A great night in the Pub made better by being joined in celebrations of the goals by a new "honorary" Dubai Saint (ie a Sunderland Supporter) Paul Collingwood who chatted to us at HT and (randomly) by us lot having a SENSIBLE conversation with a drunk member of the 657 crew at the final whistle. Our League position may be a weird miracle to many but that last conversation shows us the planet must be severely screwed at the moment.

What a bloody fantastic week

I just like to give a shout out to someone who has made a major contribution to this fantastic season. Someone who made a selfless sacrifice, someone I'll be eternally grateful to...Mauricio Pochettino. Yes to Mauricio Pochettino for giving up his coveted post at Southampton FC and allowing Ronald Koeman to take us to a higher plane.

Cheers, you're a gent.:toppa:

Lol!