Palace FA Cup Round 4 build up

Shroppie

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "We'll put out the strongest team that we can. We've had some days off this week and the players are back in freshness." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman expects @AlderweireldTob, @VictorWanyama and @SchneiderlinMo4 to return in "around two weeks" after injuries. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman on @JayRodriguez9's recovery: "It's going well, but he's not close to [rejoining] the group. He needs more time." #saintsfc

Does anyone know if this is being shown live anywhere in the world... ie will there be a stream? Cheers

It currently isn't being shown in the USA (either live or on delay). It's not an exact science but often this means it ain't on anywhere else.

Hopefully the Radio Solent commentary will be available again (like it was for the Ipswich home game). Way better than nothing.

Koeman: "There is nothing serious in the John Guidetti rumours. At the moment we are not looking for another attacker"

Okay but I am not sure why. Most "top" teams have 4 strikers. I don't see Long as an out and out striker so we have.....one. If we still get goals from elsewhere this is not a problem but another proven goal scorer would be good.

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "We'll put out the strongest team that we can. We've had some days off this week and the players are back in freshness." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman expects @AlderweireldTob, @VictorWanyama and @SchneiderlinMo4 to return in "around two weeks" after injuries. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman on @JayRodriguez9's recovery: "It's going well, but he's not close to [rejoining] the group. He needs more time." #saintsfc

Am I alone in thinking that JRod is nowhere near returning yet and that at best we wont see him until the end of the season?

Okay but I am not sure why. Most "top" teams have 4 strikers. I don't see Long as an out and out striker so we have.....one. If we still get goals from elsewhere this is not a problem but another proven goal scorer would be good.

Mane will be back in a few weeks, Mayuka hadn't been injured at the time of the interview and Elia looks physical enough to do a job up top IMO. We will be looking at another striker in the summer that's almost definite, but we're not about to spend beyond our means.

Mane will be back in a few weeks, Mayuka hadn't been injured at the time of the interview and Elia looks physical enough to do a job up top IMO. We will be looking at another striker in the summer that's almost definite, but we're not about to spend beyond our means.

The last time Saints were pushing for glory in the League Lawrie Mac reckoned we were one player short and set up a deal to buy Jim Bett, a Scottish midfielder. For the first time ever the Board did not back him and when Woodford told Lawrie he had doubts about Bett's tackling ability the deal fell through. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for Lawrie who decided to leave. Sometimes that one extra player can make a big difference in the final run in and I hope we don't lose a good chance to make a name for ourselves because of over prudence or a let's wait until the summer attitude. We may never have a better chance.

Koeman: "There is nothing serious in the John Guidetti rumours. At the moment we are not looking for another attacker"

He said that about right backs/additional defenders in the summer. I believed him. Then he pulled Toby out of the bag.

The last time Saints were pushing for glory in the League Lawrie Mac reckoned we were one player short and set up a deal to buy Jim Bett, a Scottish midfielder. For the first time ever the Board did not back him and when Woodford told Lawrie he had doubts about Bett's tackling ability the deal fell through. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for Lawrie who decided to leave. Sometimes that one extra player can make a big difference in the final run in and I hope we don't lose a good chance to make a name for ourselves because of over prudence or a let's wait until the summer attitude. We may never have a better chance.

Don't kid yourself Lawrie Mac left for the big money sunderland were offering him at the time but all he got them were relegations

Toby should be back by then. Also quite likely Koeman might stick with Gardos now he's had a run of games.

I think Maya will start if he is fit. Will have been kept sharp over past weeks and is much more refined than Gardos.

New contract will make him one of the most prestige players at the club!!

Don't kid yourself Lawrie Mac left for the big money sunderland were offering him at the time but all he got them were relegations

Well strictly speaking he didn't. They were relegated to 2nd division before he joined, and he left in the March before they were relegated again to the 3rd division. But you're right, he was the highest paid manager in English football, so yes of course he left for the money.

I think Maya will start if he is fit. Will have been kept sharp over past weeks and is much more refined than Gardos.

New contract will make him one of the most prestige players at the club!!

Gardos is better and will play.

Looking forward to this but imagine it's gonna be chaos coming from the east with the roadwork's on Northern Bridge!

If you're coming in from the east then best to avoid 'Northam' Bridge altogether. Park in Woolston and walk over the Itchen Bridge.

Another warning for today, watch out, there's "hundreds in the home ends" http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=150554&page=10 :p

Poor lad, seems to be suffering with p*rtsmythitis.

Entire broadcast section of the press conference here...

[video=youtube;KKF-qcjnZYw]

Thank you. Bloody just hangs in Tapatalk and new version doesn't even seem to have setting to open using YouTube not within the App. So sh1t

Still loves and admires us. Fair play.

Some slightly ill informed questions there, always bugs me. Things like "you took over at the club after administration, after the likes of Bale and Walcott had gone"...Walcott left 2 and a half years before we went into administration ffs.