Liverpool Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Can see us losing this one - disliking the 'Pool and everything they stand for is not enough - we've got to score goals to beat a team like them and we're not doing that. It's going to be 1-3 and a really big wake-up call...the start of the slide down to 7th? Maybe.

We won't concede 3 goals with Toby and Morgan back behave.

Man City was harder than both.

i thought we played well. offered a bit up front, just missed a few......

where as against chelsea, it was a proper defensive display. they had much more of the ball than us that is for sure and few teams (if any) do that at SMS

Edited by Batman

Just checked this site http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Southampton.html

It says that a win would increase our title chances to 1.5% and also confirms that (presumably thanks to our point against Wham) we have a 0% chance of relegation, which should be comforting news for Dalek :-)

The site predicts Southampton gets third place; with a 74.1% chance of Champions League after 248 million simulations. It also rates Southampton's "Strength" to be second in the league. Really don't know what to think of it.( Link for some of these numbers.)

Hi Saints fans. My son (16) and I have been following the premier leage and special Southamton since Pelle and the Koeman brothers are playing and coaching the Saints. We are Dutch and visiting next weekend Southamton and we'd love to visit the important match against Liverpool. We have done everything to get tickets on a legal way for this great match, unfortunately this was not successful. Can you tell us if there are tickets sold just before the match by the St.Mary's stadium? Other tips are also welcome. When we have no tickets we will watch the game at the pub. In which pub near the stadium are the real fans watching the match. Thanks for reading and wish you all a great match.

Adrie van Kampen

adrievankampen@ziggo.nl

We're at home. Atmosphere will be great. Team will be motivated. We have the best defence in the league . No bus parking so every chance of scoring. Why the pessimism? Very winnable this one.

The atmosphere will be rubbish from a Saints fan POV largely because our most vocal support will be spread across other parts of the ground while Pools away supporters will be grouped as one. If we score first, then we might experience some noise and passion - if they score first I suspect SMS from a Saints perspective will turn somewhat quiet...it's what happens.

We need a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions go against us in the first few minutes to get the crowd riled or a stonking tackle from Wanyama on Lallana and that should get the atmosphere going ,although I'd love to see the 3 amigos spend all match on the bench watching us beat them!

The atmosphere will be rubbish from a Saints fan POV largely because our most vocal support will be spread across other parts of the ground while Pools away supporters will be grouped as one. If we score first, then we might experience some noise and passion - if they score first I suspect SMS from a Saints perspective will turn somewhat quiet...it's what happens.

Ffs man lighten up. You're meant to enjoy this football malarkey.

Don't know why I'm bothering to reply but what do you mean our most vocal support will be spread out? This isn't a cup game with fans being Moved. Atmosphere hasn't been great recently at St Marys but hopefully we'll be up for this one. Helps not being an early ko.

Hi Saints fans. My son (16) and I have been following the premier leage and special Southamton since Pelle and the Koeman brothers are playing and coaching the Saints. We are Dutch and visiting next weekend Southamton and we'd love to visit the important match against Liverpool. We have done everything to get tickets on a legal way for this great match, unfortunately this was not successful. Can you tell us if there are tickets sold just before the match by the St.Mary's stadium? Other tips are also welcome. When we have no tickets we will watch the game at the pub. In which pub near the stadium are the real fans watching the match. Thanks for reading and wish you all a great match.

Adrie van Kampen

adrievankampen@ziggo.nl

It's very unlikely you'll get tickets now although you could try hanging around outside St Mary's an hour or so before kick off in case anyone has a spare. (I'd say the chances of getting tickets together would be nigh on impossible but you may be lucky)

The nearest pubs to the ground are the Chapel Arms and the Joshua Tree. They will be full of fans before and after and I'm pretty sure both will show the game. Alternatively find a pub in town although there would probably be a mixture of fans in these as there's plenty of glory hunting locals who support Liverpool plus students who would too. Sadly Southampton doesn't have a great amount of decent pubs that show football. I'd suggest The Alexandra on Bellevue Road as one of the best. The Varsity is just up the road from The Alex and has plenty of screens. Both of these pubs are 10-15 minutes walk from St Mary's.

If you have the time I'd suggest turning up to St Mary's about 4 hours before kick off to meet the players coming in. Go to the Chapel end of the ground by the car park and wait by the barriers. Even if you don't manage to get tickets you can at least get some autographs and have something to remember the day by.

Anyone got any idea why the kick off is at 16.15 ? (Normally 16.00)

I'm in Cape Town and it's live on TV but there is a planned electricity outage at 18.00 (UK time) which probably means that it'll cut off just before injury time which is a real barsteward particularly if it's a tense draw at the time !

Grrrr.....

I'm in Cape Town and it's live on TV but there is a planned electricity outage at 18.00 (UK time) which probably means that it'll cut off just before injury time which is a real barsteward particularly if it's a tense draw at the time !

Grrrr.....

You'll be able to hear the roar in Cape Town when we win!

Grrrr.....

Welcome to the mother city :) The outages are on a rolling schedule, there are areas of the city with power, just head to a pub in an area that's unaffected for the game.