Liverpool Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Welcome to the mother city :) The outages are on a rolling schedule, there are areas of the city with power, just head to a pub in an area that's unaffected for the game.

Wish it were that simple, have family logistics (brai etc..) leading up to it, so am in the hands of the electric bods and they never seem to favour us whichever way we turn !

Already have visions of missing a superb winning goal or a devastating kick in the goolies !

Chatted to a "Liverpool" fan at work yesterday, worked with him for nearly a year now and have never heard him mention he supported them before, he wanted to tell me all about how their season has turned and how they will definitely get champions league place again. Can't stand the arrogance of big club charlies like this.

Really looking forward to the game , hope we find form and have Alderweireld back, will be watching Liverpool v Besiktas on Thursday night in the hope the Turks give them a very tough physical game.

Forster

clyne

fonte

Alderweireld

Targett

wanyama

schneiderlin

Davis

Mane

Pelle

Elia

Targett played at home to Chelsea already, I'd expect him to be the first choice ahead of Yoshida if fully recovered.

We lacked serious balance on the left side with Yoshida there. Although he did a good shift, our 'style' requires the full backs to get involved in the attacking area's. Yoshida was required to do that and it didn't really work, what with the additional requirement for Elia to provide slightly more protection due to his lack of pace. We did miss a natural left back there, totally. I think we'd have looked a lot more fluid with Bertrand.

The reason I say it is because Yoshida hadn't played at left back this season for Koeman before, and did a very decent job. Admittedly he didn't get forward much, but nor has Targett when I've seen him.

Targett played at home to Chelsea already, I'd expect him to be the first choice ahead of Yoshida if fully recovered.

We lacked serious balance on the left side with Yoshida there. Although he did a good shift, our 'style' requires the full backs to get involved in the attacking area's. Yoshida was required to do that and it didn't really work, what with the additional requirement for Elia to provide slightly more protection due to his lack of pace. We did miss a natrual left back there, totally. I think we'd have looked a lot more fluid with Bretrand.

I'd go for

Forster

Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Targett

Morgan Vic

Davis

Tadic Mane

Pelle

Subs

Davis, Toby, JWP, Elia, Reed, Djurcic, Gardos

The Toby/Yoshida is the only one i'm really 50/50 on, just cause Yoshida's played well and Toby's been out for a while.

After the way we've played in recent week's i'm not particularly confident. Just hoping we can step back up and expose the weaknesses in the Liverpool team, that are there to be exploited.

If Alderweireld is fit, he plays, it's as simple as that (as a former manager used to say).

There seems to be a complete obsession with playing Pelle on here...

Unless the coaches seriously get at him to change the lazy, predictable way he plays with back to goal standing right in front of his marker like a statue where he offers no threat... He needs to be told to change the way he plays. He has to FACE the opponents goal and make runs dragging the defence around. Our coaches need to be analysing the players and games much more thoroughly.

IF we allow this style of his to continue the least we can do is get our players around him when the ball is humped to him with the regularity it is!

Fluidity is lacking with the current 'system' and Pelle is a large part of the issue.... I hope we see something a lot different against Liverpool and the coaches start working out what is happening....

If Pelle is not doing as he is told or can't then we might as well play with a smaller more mobile player there who can face the direction of play, create space and lose their marker....

You should really try watching some matches. Against QPR his role was to drop into midfield and win the ball early, lay it off and then get forward after Mane who by then was running into the space he'd vacated with their defence all over the place. He did that repeatedly, and very well. Static he wasn't.

Palace are doing well. Their wide players are staying wide when attacking.

we will surely do that. But we tend to do everything via the middle, which will suit liverpool completely

We spent plenty of time not crossing the ball from plenty of wide positions against West Ham.

Anyone got any idea why the kick off is at 16.15 ? (Normally 16.00)

I'm in Cape Town and it's live on TV but there is a planned electricity outage at 18.00 (UK time) which probably means that it'll cut off just before injury time which is a real barsteward particularly if it's a tense draw at the time !

Grrrr.....

They've been 16:15 kick offs on Sunday all season, having moved backwards from the 16:06 kick offs previously, presumably as a result of a couple of 2pm kick offs having 10+ minutes' injury time and messing with their ability to show both and a bit of build up.

They've been 16:15 kick offs on Sunday all season, having moved backwards from the 16:06 kick offs previously, presumably as a result of a couple of 2pm kick offs having 10+ minutes' injury time and messing with their ability to show both and a bit of build up.

4.15pm kick offs are only used when there's 3 live matches on a Sunday. When there's only 2 live matches they start at 4pm.

It really wasn't. Excellent ball. Had to be quick and spotted his target well.

Other than it being a yard behind Mane, who had to halt his run, change his balance and throw his back leg out to get the ball under control, making his job that much more difficult than for something in his path. And Yoshida was unmarked too. He put it in with pace, and we scored from it, so it was just about good enough, but that was mostly Mane's doing, not Yoshida's.

No Morgan or Toby in training although Shane Long is there. Bit worrying that the former two are not recovering as quickly as was expected. Anybody have an insight on their condition?

Alderweireld is at a 'meet the fans' event at the stadium shop this afternoon. Hopefully someone from here who went along asked him the obvious question and will report back shortly :)

Hi Saints fans. My son (16) and I have been following the premier leage and special Southamton since Pelle and the Koeman brothers are playing and coaching the Saints. We are Dutch and visiting next weekend Southamton and we'd love to visit the important match against Liverpool. We have done everything to get tickets on a legal way for this great match, unfortunately this was not successful. Can you tell us if there are tickets sold just before the match by the St.Mary's stadium? Other tips are also welcome. When we have no tickets we will watch the game at the pub. In which pub near the stadium are the real fans watching the match. Thanks for reading and wish you all a great match.

Adrie van Kampen

adrievankampen@ziggo.nl

Hi Andrie,

Don't know if it's any good for you but I have seen that there are still some places available in hospitality (off-site, but included is a ticket for the match) for Sunday. Major problems for you are that only people on the data-base can purchase tickets (so you would need some nice volunteer from here to help you out) and tickets are around 200 Euro each.

Good luck with what ever you do. Enjoy your time in Southampton. Hope you will be cheering as loud as the rest of us when we stuff the Scousers...

Hi Saints fans. My son (16) and I have been following the premier leage and special Southamton since Pelle and the Koeman brothers are playing and coaching the Saints. We are Dutch and visiting next weekend Southamton and we'd love to visit the important match against Liverpool. We have done everything to get tickets on a legal way for this great match, unfortunately this was not successful. Can you tell us if there are tickets sold just before the match by the St.Mary's stadium? Other tips are also welcome. When we have no tickets we will watch the game at the pub. In which pub near the stadium are the real fans watching the match. Thanks for reading and wish you all a great match.

Adrie van Kampen

adrievankampen@ziggo.nl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2957392/Win-tickets-Southampton-vs-Liverpool-courtesy-Barclays.html

Might be worth a punt

Need another ticket for Sunday, if anyone has a spare let me know. Concession or adult, anywhere in the ground.
Whereabouts in the ground are the seats being offered by the club as part of this additional/external corporate package? Additional to the seats normally allocated for corporate hospitality?

By my reckoning, this is the most important match we've had since the Coventry one in 2012?

Unless someone can think of one in the meantime? QPR away in November 2012 I suppose but this is bigger because of the context and the value of the 3 points

How do you work that out? This match isn't more or less important than the vast majority we've already had this season. Nothing is decided from it, and its only February.