Who do you want to go Up and Down?

Lighthouse

7 rounds of Premier League fixtures remaining and 5 in the Championship, things are starting to take shape.

At the bottom of the Prem I'd say the likes of Palace and Newcastle are pretty much safe with West Brom almost there. That leaves

Sunderland

Hull

Villa

Burnley

QPR

Leicester

Out of that lot there is only really Burnley I'd want to stay up in particular, for family reasons. I almost want QPR to stay up just to prove that Redknapp isn't the great manager the media think he is. The rest I'm not bothered about.

At the top of the Prem it looks like two from Bompey, Watford, Norwich and Boro to go up automatically. For me Bompey and Watford would be best as they are down South and grounds I've never been to. Also Bompey in the Prem :lol:

It also looks like 2 more from Derby, Wolves, Brentford and Ipswich joining them in the playoffs. I'd quite like Brentford from that lot, again just for lols and because it's local. There only team I wouldn't want is Boro as I've been there already and it's a long drive (and a sh*t hole).

Who I want to go down: Sunderland, Villa, QPR.

Who I think will go down: Burnley, QPR, Leicester.

Who I want to go up: Bournemouth, Norwich, Brentford.

Who I think will go up: Bournemouth, Watford, Derby.

Still think Bournemouth will come up just short. Which is a shame, but they have been the most entertaining by far!

Desperately wanted Derby to do it but they've blown automatic promotion over the last few weeks. They'll make the play offs which they choked last season but we'll see. Happy with Bournemouth and maybe Norwich to come up.

QPR and Leicester are down whether I'd like it or not (Leicester not, for the same selfish reasons as Derby up). Villa or Sunderland down would be funny but probably will be Burnley.

Edited by CB Fry

I want Hull City to stay up for selfish reasons (away game 20 mins up the road). Quite like Burnley, so I'd like to see them survive. Can't stand QPR or Sunderland so they can go for me. Of the others in the scrap, don't care one way or another.

Bournemouth to come up. although I won't have a hope in hell in getting a ticket for the away game. Norwich and Watford for the other two although for me, Boro would be more convenient.

Desperately wanted Derby to do it but they've blown automatic promotion over the last few weeks. They'll make the play offs which they choked last season but we'll see. Happy with Bournemouth and maybe Norwich to come up.

QPR and Leicester are down whether I'd like it or not (Leicester not, for the same selfish reasons as Derby up). Villa or Sunderland down would be funny but probably will be Burnley.

So no hard feelings about how they screwed us in the playoffs in Whiskey George's days?

I'd like QPR, Leicester and Hull to go down

Bournemouth, Watford and Brentford to come up please. Would be fantastic entertainment seeing how many goals they'd let in between them

Those exact three to come up, Bournemouth because it would be cool and the other two because it's easy for me to get to away games!

Though I wouldn't wish this on any fans, I would choose QPR, Sunderland to go down and don't care who else, though I'd want Burnley to stay up.

So no hard feelings about how they screwed us in the playoffs in Whiskey George's days?

No, and nor should anyone else.

By "screwed us" you mean "beat us on penalties after two legs" and "finished the league season fully nine points clear of us" then I think I'm over that "screwing" of us.

Relegation

I want QPR, Villa and Sunderland to go down

I think it will be Leicester, Burnley and Hull

Promotion

I want Bompey, Brentford and Norwich to go up

I think it will be Bompey, Norwich and Derby

How did they screw us? They beat us fair and square because Idiakez and Best ****ed up their penalties. It could be argued their penalty in the first leg was outside the box but what were they supposed to do, beg the referee to reconsider on our behalf?

Honestly don't get how you came to the conclusion that they screwed us.

To go down.... QPR, Leicester, Sunderland (or if not Sunderland...Hull or Villa).

To come up..... B'mouth, Brentford and not sure about the other. Don't want Watford. Maybe Wolves, but would like to see a play off final between Norwich and Ipswich.

How did they screw us? They beat us fair and square because Idiakez and Best ****ed up their penalties. It could be argued their penalty in the first leg was outside the box but what were they supposed to do, beg the referee to reconsider on our behalf?

Not forgetting Peles woeful defensive performance in the first leg and the oddest own goal you'll ever see in the second. They beat us over two legs and finished above us in the table, not sure how anyone can say they screwed us.

I seem to remember people saying Derby fans were acting like kn*bs after the 2nd leg but I wasn't there so it could just be sour grapes from a few of our fans. I didn't like Billy Davies and his dirty tactics but that's part of football and Burley was too clueless to deal with them. Davies did an excellent job with limited resources whilst Burley blew large amounts of cash and just barely scraped into the playoffs. We only really have ourselves to blame.

Anyway, they got relegated the following year with one win and a record low points total, I think that's punishment enough.

I seem to remember people saying Derby fans were acting like kn*bs after the 2nd leg but I wasn't there so it could just be sour grapes from a few of our fans. I didn't like Billy Davies and his dirty tactics but that's part of football and Burley was too clueless to deal with them. Davies did an excellent job with limited resources whilst Burley blew large amounts of cash and just barely scraped into the playoffs. We only really have ourselves to blame.

Anyway, they got relegated the following year with one win and a record low points total, I think that's punishment enough.

I was there, and they were a load of knobs. We just want to get home but were made to wait in the stands whilst they invaded the pitch and gave all sorts of sh*t. I have never liked Derby since.

I was there, and they were a load of knobs. We just want to get home but were made to wait in the stands whilst they invaded the pitch and gave all sorts of sh*t. I have never liked Derby since.

I was there. They'd just got to Wembley and were celebrating.

Presumably if we'd won you would have just shuffled off home politely applauding the Derby fans in a respectful manner?

I was there. They'd just got to Wembley and were celebrating.

Presumably if we'd won you would have just shuffled off home politely applauding the Derby fans in a respectful manner?

Yes I would, I'm like that. I certainly wouldn't be trying to goad them into a reaction. Shuffling off home would have been far more preferable to being kept behind just so that they could try to wind us up

Yes I would, I'm like that. I certainly wouldn't be trying to goad them into a reaction. Shuffling off home would have been far more preferable to being kept behind just so that they could try to wind us up

That's why we were kept behind. That's exactly why.

No, and nor should anyone else.

By "screwed us" you mean "beat us on penalties after two legs" and "finished the league season fully nine points clear of us" then I think I'm over that "screwing" of us.

No, I meant them kicking Bale off the park in the first leg, and him leaving the ground on crutches.

See above.

No, I meant them kicking Bale off the park in the first leg, and him leaving the ground on crutches.

Boo hoo. Still don't see how they screwed us but carry on the bitterness, it not quite been a decade since it happened so I imagine it must still be very raw for you.

Heaven knows how the innocent victim in all this, fragile little Gareth Bale, reflects on that day now. I imagine he's struggled to put his life back together since that horrific experience.

Boo hoo. Still don't see how they screwed us but carry on the bitterness, it not quite been a decade since it happened so I imagine it must still be very raw for you.

Heaven knows how the innocent victim in all this, fragile little Gareth Bale, reflects on that day now. I imagine he's struggled to put his life back together since that horrific experience.

He has been slumping recently--maybe that is the reason.

Oh yes, not getting promoted to the PL had no bearing on what happened to the club subsequently.

/sarcasm

This.

all football fans are like this. including saints fans

Who I want.

Villa can't stand Em

Burnley so we can steal Ings

Hull coz it's ooop north

Who I think

Hull QPR Leicester

who I want to come up. don't really care except borough as it's a long way want to see Bournemouth come up but think it affects the stature of the league with them only having such a small ground but it is a local game and for some reason they hate us.

Edited by Brizzie Saints
formatting

Oh yes, not getting promoted to the PL had no bearing on what happened to the club subsequently.

/sarcasm

I would sacrifice everything that has happened to our club over the last eight years just to have gotten to contest a play off final against West Brom.

Not actually get into the Premier League, of course, because let's remember winning a play off semi doesn't promote you. Just the chance to have played West Brom in 2007. If. Only.

Time is a great healer. Give it another eight years and see if you've got over it by then, poppet.

Edited by CB Fry

Who I want.Villa can't stand EmBurnley so we can steal IngsHull coz it's ooop northWho I thinkHullQPRLeicesterwho I want don't really care except borough as it's a long way want to see Bourne mouth come up but think it affects the stature of the league with them only having such a small ground but it is a local game and get or some reason they hate us.

Think you dropped these:

'. . . ? , , , . .

I would like Burnley to stay up as Dyche has shown 2 seasons running that he can make a silk purse of sorts out of a Sows ear.

QPR to go down if only to see the turmoil they will fall into under the FFP rules that the Championship will hit them with, lots of money swilling around the owners of the club for years and a lot of average players bought, although a bit of a shame for Ramsey.

Leicester not too fussed about either-way.

Sunderland if only because their players let down Poyet (who despite the hatred for him on here is not a bad manager) and they deserve the blight on their CVs.

Villa in the mix too as it might do them some good to go down and start again.

Leicester - QPR - and Sunderland/Villa scrapping it out on the last Sunday

Coming up

Bournemouth - The huge injection of the parachute payment alone if they went straight back down you feel they would make good use of it to come back stronger. There is no great expectation to be a super club at Bournemouth and this season has been a bit of a wheeze for them so the bag of money that comes with the Premiership would be a just reward.

Norwich - They have quietly come up on the rails whilst no one is looking, I don't want them in the Prem as they have always been a pain in the backside for us over the years.

Brentford to beat Boro in the play offs: shares the wealth about a bit more.

Not overly fussed. But wouldn't mind QPR, Villa and Burnley going down, as there's some quality in their attacking players we could then perhaps target. Plus I don't care much for Rangers in general.

Probably be clubs with bigger pockets chasing Austin, Benteke, Ings etc, but we might be able to benefit.

The fact a club of Villa's size is even in the position they're in is pretty bad. Seems to be some bad decisions over many years at that place.

I also have a bit of a dislike for Sunderland, so wouldn't mind them getting relegated either. Not that they have much in the way of player quality we could target, aside from maybe their keeper.

Hope Burnley stay up.

I was quite impressed by them at St Marys a few weeks ago. They gave it a real go and there was no diving or rolling around on the floor and no moaning to the Ref.

A good honest team with a good manager.

Who I want to go down: Sunderland, Villa, QPR.

Who I think will go down: Burnley, QPR, Leicester.

Who I want to go up: Bournemouth, Norwich, Brentford.

Who I think will go up: Bournemouth, Watford, Derby.

You must have read my mind, that is exactly what I was about to post !

I want Burnley to stay up, they've played better than their position suggests and they have no funds but a high spirit, like us in our days of relegation battles. And I would like Villa to go down because they are the opposite, loads of facilities and good players but with no spirit and a manager I can't stand. However what I want in football seldom happens!

Up

Bournemouth - They've been exceptional this season, and it would be nice to have a local fixture in the Prem. Sure they'd be chuffed they get to play their biggest rivals too..

Norwich - I like Alex Neil and Norwich have a decent team with some good youngsters in it.

Derby - Similar to Norwich in that I like their manager and their team is packed full of good young players. Both them and Naaarch are traditional Prem teams as well.

Down

Sunderland - Purely for their record of hiring absolute c*nts for their managers and the fact that their squad is dogsh!t. Oh, and they have an (alleged) paedo on the books.

QPR - As above regarding managers. They need to rebuild their team which they can't do in the Prem, get rid of the mercenaries and get in some good young players.

Leicester - Don't particularly want them to go down, but it looks like a foregone conclusion. Relegation may ease the pressure on Jack Torrance impersonator Nigel Pearson as well.

Hope Burnley stay up.

I was quite impressed by them at St Marys a few weeks ago. They gave it a real go and there was no diving or rolling around on the floor and no moaning to the Ref.

A good honest team with a good manager.

Against us, the 11 players starting plus 3 subs were ALL British (and yes, Lukas Jutkiewicz counts as British)

I love the Championship for these end of season nerve-shredders. Such a competitive league with a lot of quality.

I did fancy Derby as nailed on, but they're totally lost their way. Play offs for them now at best.

It's 2 from 4.....Norwich, B/mouth, Boro, Watford. My personal preference would be Bournemouth and Boro, 2 good sides who play the right way. I'd like to see Watford come up via the playoff's.

Exciting end to the season though for the neutral! Reminds me of our L1 run-in, where we were being relentlessly hunted by Huddersfield.

Sunderland need to go, that club needs to be flushed out and they need to start again, every season is the same and it's boring watching them. QPR, everything that is wrong with modern football in terms of the money they ****ed up the wall on players. I'd like to see WBA go, but they won't - that's more of a personal preference than anything football related.

QPR, Sunderland and Leicester have presented nothing to be able to say they deserve to be in this league. Unlike Burnley, who play much better football, have a less despicable manager (Ramsey is alright, but you can't place those results of 'Arry on him) and do it all with probably less resources than the other clubs. around them.

I'd say Villa before Sherwood came, and as annoying he is, he has brought them around to playing a better game.

Don't mind of the champ sides coming up, as long as Bournemouth are coming up. Probably the only taste of a derby we'll get for a few years.

Stay up Burnley because they're my cousin's club and I watched them a couple of times in the 60s when they were a force at home.

Hull because an away game gives me a good excuse to spend a weekend with above coz, in God's own county.

Go Up-best for me would be Norwich, Ipswich and Watford-three easy aways for me to get to, but I hope Bournemouth go up.

Since my parents moved and passed away, and due to illness it's not practicable to get to home games any more.