Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I said earlier that Hojberg looked so competent going forward in pre season that I did wonder whether there was any bite to all these links for another central midfielder, with him being moved up the pitch.

I imagine it's not the case. At least we know from his showings that he's capable of playing in multiple positions

The problem with our box to box players are they panic when having a pop at goal.

We will struggle to get 8 goals between JWP, Romeu and Davis.

As they managed 9 between them last season, with JWP & Romeu only playing about half the season each, I'd be disappointed if they didn't.

When we were last linked with a player by a credible outlet? Feels a long time ago. very quiet.
Who is credible? We found out about Hojbjerg because he agent told a reporter the day before, otherwise we wouldn't have known anything until he signed.

When we were last linked with a player by a credible outlet? Feels a long time ago. very quiet.

Didn't Alan Nixon 1st link us with Alex McCarthy?

(But in the same article had is linked with Bastien at Anderlecht, which seems to have gone quiet.

Or sign them before we sell, as with Cedric, or replace quickly as with Bertrand or Pelle or Tadic.

Everton have been after Williams for weeks and weeks. City have been after Stones for a year or more. Let's not pretend Saints delay deals just for a laugh.

I swear if Saints started killing babies you'd say the King Herod formation was extremely under-rated.

Monk really liked him and wanted us to sign him.

Fair enough, could probably have used common sense to work that one out

More wondering whether there was some behind the scenes frustration at the way we lost out on him, or the like.

Never heard of him myself

Sometimes I do envy a day like Everton have today. Sell Stones at 10am and the replacements are already on their way for medicals so things happen really quick. For us we sell Mane ,,,,,, then nothing - nothing and more nothing : /

I'm pretty sure you would be livid if we sold VVD and replaced him with Ashley Williams on the same day...

They all seem to have suddenly realised how big the war chest really is. They'll be suicidal when they replace Lukaku with Bony - haha.

Italian Journo in Twitter: Agreement reached for Hakim Ziyech to Roma from Twente for about €10m last night: the announcement is expected after the sale of Iturbe.

Twente director who himeslf used to be a journalist said the story is completely made up, there were interested a few months ago but nothing since or concrete :-)

#ziyechwatch

Sometimes I do envy a day like Everton have today. Sell Stones at 10am and the replacements are already on their way for medicals so things happen really quick. For us we sell Mane ,,,,,, then nothing - nothing and more nothing : /

It really isn't a case of "nothing and more nothing".

The club operate on almost Military levels of secrecy to avoid bidding wars being one factor and that's not by any means an exaggeration and what I know of

it wouldn't be anywhere close to the full extent of the lengths the club go to be relatively under the radar..

So whilst you might be envious of Everton, you're probably about to see them sign Ashley Williams whom is 31 for probably the best part of £15M,

because I do not for one second believe that now it seems he's "available" Everton are going to be the only ones targeting him, at least not now they've opened their mouths..

There is a signing on the way for us here (SFC) but it's not quite over the line yet. :p

The club operate on almost Military levels of secrecy to avoid bidding wars being one factor and that's not by any means an exaggeration and what I know of

it wouldn't be anywhere close to the full extent of the lengths the club go to be relatively under the radar..

So whilst you might be envious of Everton, you're probably about to see them sign Ashley Williams whom is 31 for probably the best part of £15M,

because I do not for one second believe that now it seems he's "available" Everton are going to be the only ones targeting him, at least not now they've opened their mouths..

There is a signing on the way for us here (SFC) but it's not quite over the line yet. :p

Thanks for the update, how close is it? Any details on the player, striker?

Duly noted.

#ITK_Watch

Almost Military Levels of Secrecy... care to quantify this or is it FYEO?? Maybe you could divulge the specific level you refer to?

I love it, is Le Carre an advisor to Les?

Edited by notnowcato

Almost Military Levels of Secrecy... care to quantify this or is it FYEO?? Maybe you could divulge the specific level you refer too?

I love it, is Le Carre an advisor to Les?

I can't quantify it because I don't know anywhere close to the full extent, I wish I did.

If the club don't want something out there, it doesn't get out there.

But there is a lot going on for sure.

With due respect mate if you want people to take you a bit seriously you need to give more info than a player is on his way..... It is pretty likely we and everyone else in the league (maybe even country) are going to sign at least one more player each.

If you know anything I am sure you can give a bit more info than that. You don't even need to say their name. Maybe their age, a club they once played for, a nationality, the month of their birthday, the first letter of their name and so on. It really doesn't have to be that hard.

With due respect mate if you want people to take you a bit seriously you need to give more info than a player is on his way..... It is pretty likely we and everyone else in the league (maybe even country) are going to sign at least one more player each.

If you know anything I am sure you can give a bit more info than that. You don't even need to say their name. Maybe their age, a club they once played for, a nationality, the month of their birthday, the first letter of their name and so on. It really doesn't have to be that hard.

I'd rather respect the secrecy.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'd rather respect the secrecy.

Then you will never know if someone is really itk or just playing. To have any form of credibility in regards to things like this there has to be proof of actual knowledge behind the scenes. Saying we are trying to buy a player isn't itk. Anyone can say that. All I am saying is if he/she wants to be taken serious tell us something that doesn't leak the name of the person, or the club. But is something we can then say they were right after the player is announced. A date of birth or something will obviously do that.

AR-10 seems to be a bit like a psychic medium, giving away bits of faux-information which are actually just common assumptions most of us have guessed already. All he has told us so far is that Tadic is considering a contract offer and we have another signing in the pipeline. I could have told you that, seems like another of Charlie's alter-egos to me.

AR-10 seems to be a bit like a psychic medium, giving away bits of faux-information which are actually just common assumptions most of us have guessed already. All he has told us so far is that Tadic is considering a contract offer and we have another signing in the pipeline. I could have told you that, seems like another of Charlie's alter-egos to me.

Seems like a watered down "jack schitt"!! As someone else said an ITK needs to provide some sort of verifiable fact prior to the event that can prove ITK! Come on AR-10 give us something concrete.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But there's no information either from the known ITKs. So we can assume the lockdown is pretty tight. No, I don't know that this is a new ITK. But I suspect that the club would be quick to take action against anyone leaking unauthorised info. In that situation, would you put your job on the line?

I can't quantify it because I don't know anywhere close to the full extent, I wish I did.

Same as what I am hearing. Fonte staying and 2 more signings. One of them Deffo a quality striker

Apologies, it's just when you said it was almost military level I was keen to understand which level, so intriguing.. but then if you don't know anywhere close to the full extent then *taps nose, knowingly* it's a NTKB - roger that. As you were, soldier.

But there's no information either from the known ITKs. So we can assume the lockdown is pretty tight. No, I don't know that this is a new ITK. But I suspect that the club would be quick to take action against anyone leaking unauthorised info. In that situation, would you put your job on the line?

Look at Guan and his info he gives. He at least gives us a bit of info on players etc. He told us we would sign two players the day before we announced Pied and Mccarthy. He has on many occasions told us who is on our shortlist for players/managers. In todays world of the internet and multiple people involved in a deal it would be impossible to tell who leaked the info. Look at the Stones deal today. It was actually first seen on their CL squad list before it was announced officially. Keeping things quiet in the digital age is not very easy.

Kbilly is the only one that can be relied upon for me, and we get his info an hour or so before the announcement. These other ITK people are saying a signing in the next day or so, I don't think there will be, hope I'm wrong but let's keep an eye out for Kbilly then we know it's near.