Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

This has got to be the most inactive transfer thread ever on this forum.

Depressingly worrying.

But there is plenty of time left.

Of course it would be great to have a complete and settled squad for the off.....not always feasible though.

We aren't the only ones by along way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just means we know fck all really. I'm sure loads is happening. The delay for the two attacking signings could be taken to mean they're bigger more expensive deals that always take longer.

Still think we might go for berahino. Even if 20m, we were happy spending 11m on Redmond and he's less proven. Think we've shown we'll spend where necessary especially on British talent.

I'm still not convinced we will be in for Berahino.

I've got a sneaking feeling Boufal might still be a target (still injured so could explain the the delay)

I've not said that we are not going to make signings . I only said that as yet I'm only really excited about our new midfielder.

My opinion is that I will wait until Redmond is revealed as a world beater seems to irritate some fans .

And I do support Saints thanks . Bertrand is my favorite player . We tend to sell off my other favorites.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Here is a tip then my little green amphibious friend. Make sure Les doesn't find out who your favourite players are and then there is less chance that the club will sell them ;)

We need two more attacking signings. Everyone knows that is the case abd presumably so do the club. I'm happy to wait till the end of the window and I'm confident they will materialise.

This. The squad as it is is perfectly good enough to start the season with, but long term we will struggle with the weight of games. However as the ITKs have said the club is aware we need attacking signings and I'm confident we'll see them by the end of the window. If not? Then I'll get worried.

I hadnt realised until last night that Newcastle of the league below have spent £45 million in the Championship. That's insane. We've spent, what, about £25 million so far? Interesting times.

This. The squad as it is is perfectly good enough to start the season with, but long term we will struggle with the weight of games. However as the ITKs have said the club is aware we need attacking signings and I'm confident we'll see them by the end of the window. If not? Then I'll get worried.

I hadnt realised until last night that Newcastle of the league below have spent £45 million in the Championship. That's insane. We've spent, what, about £25 million so far? Interesting times.

It's the quality of player you buy not how much you have spent, that's important. we always seem to find gems somewhere and get them pretty cheap. If the club identify a player that ticks all the boxes we want ticking I don't believe it'll be long before we spend 20m on a player. Talking about Newcastle, didn't do them much good last night.

I've not said that we are not going to make signings . I only said that as yet I'm only really excited about our new midfielder.

My opinion is that I will wait until Redmond is revealed as a world beater seems to irritate some fans .

And I do support Saints thanks . Bertrand is my favorite player . We tend to sell off my other favorites.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Well that's blown it !! Les knows Bertrand's your favorite now, so he'll be sold by the end of the month

I'm still not convinced we will be in for Berahino.

I've got a sneaking feeling Boufal might still be a target (still injured so could explain the the delay)

Spurs are linked with making a bid for Boufal in various sources.

Don't know enough about the player to really comment, but from the Youtube video someone posted he looked quick, nifty... but seemed to go to ground a lot. Thankfully, Puel & our esteemed Black Box team will know a lot more about him in order to make a judgement.

PUEL TALKS TRANSFERS

Southampton boss Claude Puel says he expects to sign at least one player this week.

Speaking after today's friendly win over Athletic Bilbao, Puel also said he expects Jose Fonte to stay.

The defender has been linked with a move away from St Mary's

I think they got that from here: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2F%3Faction%3Dsearchform%26word%3Dsouthampton%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&edit-text=&act=url

Same article suggested that Saints are interested in Manolo Gabbiadini from Napoli as well. Doubt we want either though since tuttomercatoweb tends to be very inaccurate.

PUEL TALKS TRANSFERS

Southampton boss Claude Puel says he expects to sign at least one player this week.

Speaking after today's friendly win over Athletic Bilbao, Puel also said he expects Jose Fonte to stay.

The defender has been linked with a move away from St Mary's

Sky had a comprehension problem...

@
SkySportsLyall

now been removed. confusion over what exactly he was giving positive affirmation to.

Having watched Puel's after match interview and falling asleep half way through, I have to say he's not very inspirational. Koeman did at least have a bit of presence, this guy is like a university professor who has just swallowed a load of valium

So, did Prof Puel say we were signing a player this week or not..trouble is he uses words in a different context - for example, what does a generous player actually mean ?

Putting two and two together and probably making five but this from gossip pedallers sky ... "Hal Robson-Kanu - It is understood that he's close to signing for an unnamed Premier League club. Negotiations over personal terms are at an advanced stage and it is hoped he will sign before the start of the season. Robson-Kanu was all set for Hull City last month, that deal is definitely OFF."

Might fit with us. Attacking signing, close to being wrapped up and 'unnamed club' could well be us as we tend to play cards close to chest.

Putting two and two together and probably making five but this from gossip pedallers sky ... "Hal Robson-Kanu - It is understood that he's close to signing for an unnamed Premier League club. Negotiations over personal terms are at an advanced stage and it is hoped he will sign before the start of the season. Robson-Kanu was all set for Hull City last month, that deal is definitely OFF."

Might fit with us. Attacking signing, close to being wrapped up and 'unnamed club' could well be us as we tend to play cards close to chest.

I would be delighted if we could pull this one off. Would be a real sign of our intentions and ambition and would be two fingers up to the bed wetters on here!! Come on Saints please..... We need some good news and this would really lift the spirits at the right time

I would be delighted if we could pull this one off. Would be a real sign of our intentions and ambition and would be two fingers up to the bed wetters on here!! Come on Saints please..... We need some good news and this would really lift the spirits at the right time

Jesus Nooooooo. He is not that good.

7.5/10.

We were linked with him pre-Euro's, he's just a poorer, older version of Redmond though. If we were to get him, we'd still news at least one more attacking player of the required calibre to maintain last seasons form.

Just spent the evening with a couple where the husband works for a sports management agency. A couple of bits of info:

Contract offers are progressing, Cedrics the most positive so far.

Hopeful of a signing being completed this week, likely by Wednesday. Would be our most expensive in terms of transfer fee of the summer. Attacking player, who if they do as well for us as they have done for their current team then we will have another gem. I didn't know much about them (but had heard of them) but seems to fit our "signing type"

Just spent the evening with a couple where the husband works for a sports management agency. A couple of bits of info:

Hopeful of a signing being completed this week, likely by Wednesday. Would be our most expensive in terms of transfer fee of the summer. Attacking player, who if they do as well for us as they have done for their current team then we will have another gem. I didn't know much about them (but had heard of them) but seems to fit our "signing type"

Thanks for the info EBS. I take it he is from a foreign league then?

Do you have a sniper laser pointer on you? or can you name names?

Cheers. What nationality is he?

We were linked with him pre-Euro's, he's just a poorer, older version of Redmond though. If we were to get him, we'd still news at least one more attacking player of the required calibre to maintain last seasons form.

I would agree but to be fair we have developed a rep for bringing players on a level and the pre-euros rumours are what made me consider us as a possibility. Not sure he is the signing we are crying out for but could possibly fit into Puel's tactics and would be a good freebie to help give us a bit of squad depth at worst.