Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Haha thats gold !

Welcome to Saintslist, abuse won't be tolerated . Our motto is ' **** you and **** your opinion ' !!

Its actually impressive how bad a job the mods do on here ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

My bro - I quote you the rules of The Saints section of SaintsWeb; "We ask that supporters of other clubs do not post on this forum."

In all seriousness I'm not being a **** for no reason. I'm being a **** because we have one month to go until the end of the window and the very thing you are getting angry about is in the first place your own invention (your idea that the club are not going to make any additional attacking transfers). If you think about what you are doing, it is completely pointless. Not as pointless as me responding to you, but that's a different story...

Believe me I'll be calling 606 or the equivalent to air my grievances about saints if it goes tits up come the new season, but let me tell you pre season and transfer window open is just not the time to be making any kind of reasonable analysis on which to base your frustrations.

Edited by eddie

My bro - I quote you the rules of The Saints section of SaintsWeb; "We ask that supporters of other clubs do not post on this forum."

In all seriousness I'm not being a **** for no reason. I'm being a **** because we have one month to go until the end of the window and the very thing you are getting angry about is in the first place your own invention (your idea that the club are not going to make any additional attacking transfers). If you think about what you are doing, it is completely pointless. Not as pointless as me responding to you, but that's a different story...

Believe me I'll be calling 606 or the equivalent to air my grievances about saints if it goes tits up come the new season, but let me tell you pre season and transfer window open is just not the time to be making any kind of reasonable analysis on which to base your frustrations.

I've not said that we are not going to make signings . I only said that as yet I'm only really excited about our new midfielder.

My opinion is that I will wait until Redmond is revealed as a world beater seems to irritate some fans .

And I do support Saints thanks . Bertrand is my favorite player . We tend to sell off my other favorites.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

You weren't on here 2004/5, 05/06, 06/07, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13 and 13/14 then?

Expectations are higher, money is everything and people want to see some ambition, but beyond that I'd say the majority are very happy and know that even a 'bad' season compared to recent years wouldn't actually be all that bad.

What even is a "bad season" these days? 15th?

...we've come a long way since the 90s!

For us 10th would feel like it, lot of losses, but ultimately isn't that bad. All depends on how it ends and what hope there is for the following season. Plus the cups, we'd all take 10th and a cup win.

Even more so if that cup is the Europa.

Ziyech and Sadio from West Brom get it done!

Sadio - he's gone. Saido, he hasn't. All strange but it seems that Stoke aren't as appealing to him as all that. 2 days ago, we heard that it was going to be resolved one way or another in the following 24 hours. Still nothing. Who knows what is going on. Are Spurs out of the equation? Maybe that is what he is waiting for.

Sadio - he's gone. Saido, he hasn't. All strange but it seems that Stoke aren't as appealing to him as all that. 2 days ago, we heard that it was going to be resolved one way or another in the following 24 hours. Still nothing. Who knows what is going on. Are Spurs out of the equation? Maybe that is what he is waiting for.

I personally think he's waiting for Spurs, but failing that we should be second favourites for him if we were interested. Nathan Redmond tweeted him earlier wishing him happy birthday, hopefully he's had a word....

I personally think he's waiting for Spurs, but failing that we should be second favourites for him if we were interested. Nathan Redmond tweeted him earlier wishing him happy birthday, hopefully he's had a word....

Everton linked with him too

Probably good on football manager, that's where most of these random transfer rumours seem to originate these days.

Or the fact he had 17 goals / 11 assists last season in a crap Twente team and has been touted as a prospect for a few years , A CAM for less than £10m, the black box must have something on him

It appears Puel agrees with me according to the post match interview tonight....should have done more in the final third of the pitch......in other words we we remain impotent in that part of the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly surprising when you sell Mane and Pelle and replace them with 6 goals Redmond. The club will sign someone else to address it.

Islam Silmani linked to us and Everton.

Not sure there's any truth given his age and the cost but looks like the type of player we're in for position-wise

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1553658/islam-slimani-hands-in-transfer-request-after-sporting-boss-jorge-jesus-believes-he-would-score-double-the-goals-of-jamie-vardy/

Very impressive scoring record. Shame European mega giants Everton are linked too.

Not sure there's any truth given his age and the cost but looks like the type of player we're in for position-wise

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1553658/islam-slimani-hands-in-transfer-request-after-sporting-boss-jorge-jesus-believes-he-would-score-double-the-goals-of-jamie-vardy/

Well it say unnamed English club so that won't be Everton as they like to unsettle in the media

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

His current manager reckons he would double Vardy's goal tally from last season.....:poundit: sign him up....:lol:

In today's market that price is reasonable for a proven goal scorer (admittedly not in the prem) as to age - 3 year contract and then off load while preparing for his replacement- just like pelle

28 year old striker & they want £25m - chance of this happening is close to zero.

We are going to sign 20-25 year old with a couple of international caps and a good grounding in football from a top club academy. Boufal/Ziyech/Zaza etc..

28 year old striker & they want £25m - chance of this happening is close to zero.

We are going to sign 20-25 year old with a couple of international caps and a good grounding in football from a top club academy. Boufal/Ziyech/Zaza etc..

25? The artical above quotes 16.75 or am I reading this wrong?

The Independent state he has a 63 million release clause...how cheeky is too cheeky?

Thats the first I heard of that, a cheeky bid would be up to 20 million, doubt Wolfsburg would accept that.

Back on topic and I would like to see the club look in the lower leagues for English talent. Having good English players would mean clubs interested have

to pay big bucks, and others wouldnt be interested. The careers of AOC, Walcott and Chambers might also put some players of leaving the club early.

Thats the first I heard of that, a cheeky bid would be up to 20 million, doubt Wolfsburg would accept that.

Back on topic and I would like to see the club look in the lower leagues for English talent. Having good English players would mean clubs interested have

to pay big bucks, and others wouldnt be interested. The careers of AOC, Walcott and Chambers might also put some players of leaving the club early.

30 year old Ross McCormack cost £12m. There is little to no value in the Cahmpionship compared to Europe...