Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

yet, would be good business if it was us selling these players?

At least with us selling Mané, Pellé and Wanyama we still have quality in the squad, and have signed what looks like decent players. Swansea have left themselves with no strikers. Even if they sign one or two before the season that is a very risky strategy. Granted they'll get good money for Williams considering his age but he's a good player and has been a mainstay of their defence for years. A quick glance at their forums and they're talking about "asset stripping", which holds echoes of this forum a few years ago. Maybe they'll be ok, but it's a shame as they're seemingly a well run club, or have been until now.

Hugo Scheckter is on his way to London for an exciting appointment apparently.

Obviously could be nothing Saints related....but I'm clinging to the hope that our transfer window may just get a tad positive at some point.

Ever the optimist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously could be nothing Saints related....but I'm clinging to the hope that our transfer window may just get a tad positive at some point.

Ever the optimist.

McCarthy

Ever the optimist.

Reeling one in I'm guessing he is hinting at....[emoji476]

Ever the optimist.

He tweeted earlier he had a day off, so doubt it is anything Saints Related.

Ever the optimist.

Are we supposed to know who that is? Hugo?

Are we supposed to know who that is? Hugo?

He's an example of what S-Clarke would call our "massive emphasis on the backroom setup and bespoke ways of doing things" - basically what stands between us and doing a Pompey and financial ruin.

Leaking contract offers to friendly journos.

Les probably working on his YouTube hair as we speak.

Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

this will be us doing things quietly and away from the media

Ever the optimist.

Launch of an advertising campaign for his old man's buffalo mozarella I expect.

He's an example of what S-Clarke would call our "massive emphasis on the backroom setup and bespoke ways of doing things" - basically what stands between us and doing a Pompey and financial ruin.

What on earth are you on about now?

Getting lots of reported posts on this thread. All, can I remind you this is thread to talk about Summer Transfer Targets.

some of our posters may be positive, some negative, and they each have their own unique way of expressing it. Can we ensure however that discussions stay pleasant and focussed on the subject and not each other. Ta.

Getting lots of reported posts on this thread. All, can I remind you this is thread to talk about Summer Transfer Targets.

some of our posters may be positive, some negative, and they each have their own unique way of expressing it. Can we ensure however that discussions stay pleasant and focussed on the subject and not each other. Ta.

Were they all from Batman?

But still not the cost of 7 players ? Offcourse higher wages has been offered to these with new contracts but still they one´s leaving been a few really high earners to.

You have to take into account the signing on fee's, agents fees and the like. These new contract renewals don't come cheap and a lot of our resource this year has been directed here by the looks of it.

Seeing reports that Everton and United are both after Jose with a £9m bid having been received from Everton and ignored. (Last part does sound rubbish!) It would be disappointing if that happens, hopefully their williams interest will be the end of it.

where has all this replacing 7 players come from? We have lost 3 (2 of which had plenty of bench time last season and 1 who was out suspended for many matches and one who only played well when he wanted to impress) and Juanmi who never really figured.

Who are the other 4 (Steklenburg was only a loan)?

where has all this replacing 7 players come from? We have lost 3 (2 of which had plenty of bench time last season and 1 who was out suspended for many matches and one who only played well when he wanted to impress) and Juanmi who never really figured.

Who are the other 4 (Steklenburg was only a loan)?

I guess people are including Gaston and Kelvin as well.

I think realistically on a like for like basis you could argue we have lost 6 - Stek, Davis, Juanmi, Mane, Wanyama and Pelle (ie those in the 1st team squad last year) - Gaston didn't figure and Juanmi was supposed to replace him. So far we have brought in 2 so we are 4 down.

Counter argument is that Austin was Pelle's replacement - so to have a similar 1st team squad as last year we would need 3 more (2 Gks and an Att Mid). The club have basically said they are after these two positions, with maybe a striker and/or RB as well (depending what you read) rather than 2 keepers (you could use Davis as an emergency 3rd)

The bigger question for me is not numbers but quality and gaps for this season. I think we are two AttMid short and a right back especially if we are going for the formation Puel has been trying (ie full backs almost as wingers, a creative ball player, and two attmid who can run from deep).

I'm also very nervous that we do everything we can to keep Fonte - I think he'll be the biggest miss if he is to leave - we have too much recent form struggling through a season without enough CB cover - and if the cash is no object likes of Everton and Man Utd are sniffing around Fonte, we're going to need something special from our scouts to spot something they haven't.