Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Just flicking through the last few pages or so and one or 2 posts certainly jump out.

The situation with this guy is best described as pretty precarious (at best), the circus around this guy from what

I know and have seen is pretty unbelievable all things considered, you'd think we were signing Lionel Messi the amount

of ping pong back and forth as far as what I'm aware of and what it's taken to get it to this point, around 18 months.

And we are NOT the only Premier League club in for him. (and we are in for more than one player, I'm expecting 2)

In short, anybody who comes out and out right names a player fall in to one of 3 brackets:

1. They've been authorised to release it, definitely after the player has signed, players can sign days

before it's released, especially at SFC.

2. A lucky guess.

3. Are not close enough to the club where the risk of "blow back" is anything above zero, so what they say probably means it's

category 2 (a lucky guess, friend of a friend of a friend) or some Journo got lucky.

It's risky, the club is a stone wall now, that might sound ridiculous but it is in no way an exaggeration.

I haven't said enough to drop myself and the club right in it but others have said a lot more than I would have, and most of what has been said

by them certainly "tallies" with everything I have seen, know and understand.

Gutted, Thought it was Messi. No ambition. On the assumption you are "close" to the club (and as much as I prefer some verifiable facts when posters like your good self write things like this) this is an interesting post. "Circus" and "18 months" are both intriguing comments so clearly the "circus" is not putting us off plus the interest for "18 months" strongly suggests we are very very keen to sign him.

Are you able to give away current "league"?

Thanks for the posts.

Just flicking through the last few pages or so and one or 2 posts certainly jump out.

The situation with this guy is best described as pretty precarious (at best), the circus around this guy from what

I know and have seen is pretty unbelievable all things considered, you'd think we were signing Lionel Messi the amount

of ping pong back and forth as far as what I'm aware of and what it's taken to get it to this point, around 18 months.

And we are NOT the only Premier League club in for him. (and we are in for more than one player, I'm expecting 2)

In short, anybody who comes out and out right names a player fall in to one of 3 brackets:

1. They've been authorised to release it, definitely after the player has signed, players can sign days

2. A lucky guess.

3. Are not close enough to the club where the risk of "blow back" is anything above zero, so what they say probably means it's

category 2 (a lucky guess, friend of a friend of a friend) or some Journo got lucky.

It's risky, the club is a stone wall now, that might sound ridiculous but it is in no way an exaggeration.

I haven't said enough to drop myself and the club right in it but others have said a lot more than I would have, and most of what has been said

You say other premier league club(s) are also after him. Would you say we are front runners?

Could it be that lad spurs are looking at!?

I can't believe this has been going backwards and forwards for nearly 18 months and there is no sniff of it in the papers so it must be a player that has been mentioned and linked before. Just because saints have a wall of silence doesn't mean the players clubnir entourage does.

2. A lucky guess.

I am intrigued as to whether this deal would break our transfer record should saints pull it off? Its being bigged up to suggest it would shatter the record.

do you think it be januzaj?

Tello - been a lot of stuff with us linked with him

At this stage? It's possible. 18 months would have Ronald involved. Heck, even Depay might not be out of the question at this stage (We know he loved him).

A lot depends on if the "left sided" thing means left footed, or their position. Boufal still in the mix IMO. (But is neither left footed, or a left winger).

Boufal I reckon. Joined Lille 18 months ago so may have set the black box off on one then. We know there has been concrete interest from Prem clubs (Watford). Seems to have been a bit of back-and-forth in media reports linking him to us as well. Maybe links to bigger clubs has (Chelsea, Arsenal) has gone to his head.

Seems to fit the profile we look for better than most of the other targets we've actually been linked with (can see someone like Praet being back-up choice, for instance, as hasn't done quite as much in an inferior league).

Probably wrong.

At this stage? It's possible. 18 months would have Ronald involved. Heck, even Depay might not be out of the question at this stage (We know he loved him).

A lot depends on if the "left sided" thing means left footed, or their position. Boufal still in the mix IMO. (But is neither left footed, or a left winger).

think depay could be a very good shout

Boufal I reckon. Joined Lille 18 months ago so may have set the black box off on one then. We know there has been concrete interest from Prem clubs (Watford). Seems to have been a bit of back-and-forth in media reports linking him to us as well. Maybe links to bigger clubs has (Chelsea, Arsenal) has gone to his head.

Seems to fit the profile we look for better than most of the other targets we've actually been linked with (can see someone like Praet being back-up choice, for instance, as hasn't done quite as much in an inferior league).

Probably wrong.

As good a punt as any, I reckon.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I understand that the club can keep everything underwraps. But surely if you are signing a player who is highly rated (who we clearly must be looking at) the club who is selling will just leak it to try and get others on the bus and bump up the price. I mean if we are going after players that we are paying a good price for and there might not be a lot of interest from other clubs obviously the club we are buying from won't risk squealing and jeopardising the deal on the table. But if the player we are after is being watched by other prem teams I wonder what keeps the selling club leaking it and trying to up the price?

saido berahino?

I would've thought he would run through a brick wall to sign for us though.

Certainly fits the bill over there being other Prem clubs being in for him.

Not sure he fulfils Guan's criteria of being a left sided attacker though.