Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

To be honest I listened to his press conference, and I am no more knowledgable after than before on any topic. Most of the time I had no idea what he was saying.

I normally 'hang on every word' that our managers say, even the Poch double act with his amusing looking interpreter when each interview took twice as long.

So far I don't think that I have got to the end of some quite short Puel interviews without losing interest and hitting the stop button.

As others have said as long as the team do well who cares.

I just hope that the players don't lose focus and start daydreaming when he is talking to them!

Based on his press conference, Puel's laying the grounds for one huge backlash from the supporters if he doesn't quickly get the results. At least Pochettino via the translator was interesting and fun to watch. Just hope he can inspire the players better than he inspires me.

It's not his job to inspire you, so belt up.

It doesn't matter who we sign, they won't be playing on Saturday. So of course he's happy to start the season with what we've got.

That is true although what is the deadline though to get players signed and playing, isn't it Friday at noon to play on Saturday? If we buy someone who has had a full preseason somewhere it's not out of the question they could be on the bench.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 4m4 minutes ago

#saintsfc fans asking about in-comings, I'll reiterate what I said b4. Puel has �� to spend, but currently he is happy to start season as is

Not sure how much he knows. Hopefully not a lot!

Even if we signed 3 players today we would start the season "as is". I think Puel is firmly in the school of public positivity and backing his players. By saying anything other than he is happy as is, consequently has a negative effect on the squad as human nature is to specualte as to who he might not be. And by signing any players does not automatically mean that he is not happy with any other player, merely that he wants someone else in the squad. In this age of instant communication controlling any bit of opinion about players is huge.

Inspirational he aint

I imagine it would be pretty difficult to appear inspirational when he can't speak the language. You can see he is having to use all his brain power just speaking basic English. Must be tough.

However, I don't know him or have any inside knowledge as to what his character is like...so maybe he is a bit like that anyway.

As mentioned above, as long as the players do what's required I couldn't care less.

Good list of candidates but a reminder of what EBS1980 said on Sunday:

So, I think we can eliminate the more well known players from the list, i.e. the likes of Berahino, Depay, Januzaj and Oxlade-Chamberlain, for example.

:)

I wonder how many of the lesser-known/non-PL names on that list would also cost more than our record fee to sign?

I wonder how many of the lesser-known/non-PL names on that list would also cost more than our record fee to sign?

At today's prices? Probably a fair few. The rise in transfer fees this summer must make our £10-12m bracket even harder to sign quality players now.

Wait till you see him on the touchline. He's a classy manager. Calm when he needs to be... passionate and motivation when he needs to be.

This is one reason I don't worry about not being able to listen to his interviews. It seems like he does it all where it matters. I hope that's the case, anyway!

Edited by Ohio Saint
accidentally posted in elvish

We are all entitled to our opinions , okay fittzhugh finds our new manager uninspiring , that's his view , I have a different view to his . I don't find FF inspiring just an old grump like me but I do enjoy reading the books he and others put together for us fans to enjoy , aAs for the manager I hope he can take us to new heights in the coming years , and a trophy or two

Puel is nearly as mundane as Adkins......lets hope he's a better manager.....and we win something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adkins was a great manager. I seem to recall he took us from League 1 to Prem in two seasons?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk