Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Boufal, there is so much circus around him.

Boufal I reckon. Joined Lille 18 months ago so may have set the black box off on one then. We know there has been concrete interest from Prem clubs (Watford). Seems to have been a bit of back-and-forth in media reports linking him to us as well. Maybe links to bigger clubs has (Chelsea, Arsenal) has gone to his head.

Seems to fit the profile we look for better than most of the other targets we've actually been linked with (can see someone like Praet being back-up choice, for instance, as hasn't done quite as much in an inferior league).

Probably wrong.

According to this 3 hours old article, Watford are the only concrete bidders for Boufal so far. http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/watford-table-opening-offer-for-lille-winger-sofiane-boufal-4141711 How true it is is anyone's guess. I suppose if we were doing things on the quiet they wouldn't know about our bid.

I don't know why, but I have a nagging recurring feeling it might be Mata - which would be amazing - one of our biggest transfers of all time - but I highly doubt it. Only 28 which isn't bad but it would cost too much in wages. Still, I can dream.

Tello was my initial thought, but it seems he's bound for Fiorentina. I suppose there could be substance to this Gabbiadini link. Also someone mentioned Odegaard - it is true we've been interested in him for some time...

Exciting times.

I am going to write down a load of LMs and LWs from fairly big European Leagues. My bet is Sofiane Boufal but I'll write the list now:

Nani

Shatov

Bonaventura

Boufal

Mertens

Rafa

Kostic

Sansone

Brahimi

Volland

Vitolo

Piatti

Llajic

Perotti

Felipe Anderson

Paulo Ntep

Caliguri

Bifouma

Giaccherini

Bruma

Carlos Mane

Diego Capel

According to this 3 hours old article, Watford are the only concrete bidders for Boufal so far. http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/watford-table-opening-offer-for-lille-winger-sofiane-boufal-4141711 How true it is is anyone's guess. I suppose if we were doing things on the quiet they wouldn't know about our bid.

I don't know why, but I have a nagging recurring feeling it might be Mata - which would be amazing - one of our biggest transfers of all time - but I highly doubt it. Only 28 which isn't bad but it would cost too much in wages. Still, I can dream.

Tello was my initial thought, but it seems he's bound for Fiorentina. I suppose there could be substance to this Gabbiadini link. Also someone mentioned Odegaard - it is true we've been interested in him for some time...

Exciting times.

Would love mata, everton would go ****ing mental.

You're being spectacularly unimaginative again. Think of it as publicity and pacification: giving the fans a sense of community, generating interest, expectation and discussion, helping the bed-wetters and depressed as soon as possible, and why not? As long as the deal is over the line and signed we can know a bit before the official photographs and interview videos.

At the moment Guan et al. are just in pacification and reassurance mode. ;-)

That's what it feels like, yes!

Guan.

Would you prefer to have no legs and deaf or no arms and blind?

Just asking

No legs and Deaf. I would hate to have my sight taken from me.

I understand that the club can keep everything underwraps. But surely if you are signing a player who is highly rated (who we clearly must be looking at) the club who is selling will just leak it to try and get others on the bus and bump up the price. I mean if we are going after players that we are paying a good price for and there might not be a lot of interest from other clubs obviously the club we are buying from won't risk squealing and jeopardising the deal on the table. But if the player we are after is being watched by other prem teams I wonder what keeps the selling club leaking it and trying to up the price?

I believe we have previously threatened to pull out of deals if the selling club leak it - and have been true to our word.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Absolute guess, but Memphis Depay? Would fit the bill as left sided attacker, were linked with him back in the early Koeman days and would fit the profile of players we would sign. Seems not to be wanted by manure.

Also would explain the Messi like fanfare around the signing which has been hinted at?

Absolute guess, but Memphis Depay? Would fit the bill as left sided attacker, were linked with him back in the early Koeman days and would fit the profile of players we would sign. Seems not to be wanted by manure.

Also would explain the Messi like fanfare around the signing which has been hinted at?

For no real reason, I doubt this one. It has been suggested that the selling club are delaying while they agree terms on a replacement. Depay won't be replaced.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

saido berahino?

This is my guess, not really left sided but that info could be given to us as a curve ball.

He has been wanting away for say 18 months, Brom won't release until replacement in place, record fee, England under 21 which fits with new criteria, other prem clubs after him ie Stoke and Crystal Palace.

Would Depay be an amazing signing? I'd be pretty underwhelmed to be honest after seeing him play.

Can't write a player off after a year of course, but he's been a pretty big flop so far.

I doubt Utd would need to replace him either.

Behrahino fits on the need replacing and other premier league clubs involved, plus he's the right age, but he's not really left sided.

I'd say the 'needs replacing' thing is more common on the continent than in the Premier league, you often see deals in Spain and Portugal that are all linked together.

So I'm going for Muniain, Boufall, or Rafa Silva.

Have a sneaky suspicion about Muniain just because there is no press news around it, plus his injury would have meant we might have been watching him for a long time, plus we seem to be fairly friendly with Bilbao.

But just guessing.

The curious thing about Rafa Silva is (like Tadic) his primary position is one that doesn't exist within the diamond formation, so I'm guessing he would be used at the tip, behind the strikers.

That's what makes me think it won't be him. Clasie has been played there a lot through pre-season and was at the bilbao game too when he came on for Tadic.

I still reckon it will be Boufal, but Munian seems interesting too.

Exciting times, nice to see the transfer thread actually discussing a transfer! Hope it's someone good and high profile to annoy the Everton fans whilst they are signing £30 million Bolasie

Who gives a toss about their 'profile'? They have to terrorise opposition defences, score and create a ton of goals which will be especially important this year as lots are likely to be scored by the Manc teams as well as others, stay many years, not be an arse, etc.

I can't believe those saying Depay would not be an outstanding signing - roughly a 1 in 3 strike rate is better than most other names mentioned. I can't see it happening because of wages etc, but I for one would be very excited to see Saints sign this calibre of player, as much to see what we could do for him as what he could do for us. Mind you, if the stories of entourage etc are to be believed - well who knows?

I can't believe those saying Depay would not be an outstanding signing - roughly a 1 in 3 strike rate is better than most other names mentioned. I can't see it happening because of wages etc, but I for one would be very excited to see Saints sign this calibre of player, as much to see what we could do for him as what he could do for us. Mind you, if the stories of entourage etc are to be believed - well who knows?

Because he was woeful for Utd last year?

He's a big club reject, but not like say Hojberg where he hasn't got the opportunities, but instead he got plenty of opportunities and showed he wasn't good enough.

Not sure how that is an exciting signing? I'd rather sign someone on the up than someone on the way down.

Because he was woeful for Utd last year?

He's a big club reject, but not like say Hojberg where he hasn't got the opportunities, but instead he got plenty of opportunities and showed he wasn't good enough.

Not sure how that is an exciting signing? I'd rather sign someone on the up than someone on the way down.

On the way down? He's 22! Maybe he needs some decent management behind him, he was playing for Van Gaal last season who didn't get the best out of anybody. Did you say the same about Bertrand being on the way down when we bought him?