Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

For those who wouldn't want Depay, based on how Puel turned Hatem Ben Arfa around I wouldn't be entirely dismissive.

Pfff, Ben Arfa went back to his level, that's the difference. PSG and Lyon apart the French league is Championship mediocre.

Depay is a bust and will be so until he returns to his level of ability.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I'd be surprised if it's any of the big names mentioned on here out of the blue. Think could be a lot of underwhelm.

Probably someone most haven't heard of but some think is great on football manager. Happening wrong but last time guan said don't worry two signings soon it was two reserves.

I've got a feeling Pied will start this weekend.

On the way down? He's 22! Maybe he needs some decent management behind him, he was playing for Van Gaal last season who didn't get the best out of anybody. Did you say the same about Bertrand being on the way down when we bought him?

I know he's 22, but he was very poor for Utd last year and struggled in the league, not to mention his attitude seems poor, he talks a good game and is very flash, but doesn't actually show it on the pitch.

Let's also remember LVG managed him at international level for tow years so he can hardly moan about the manager or bad management. He just wasn't very good.

he'll think he's way way too big for us anyway.

I'd be surprised if it's any of the big names mentioned on here out of the blue. Think could be a lot of underwhelm.

Probably someone most haven't heard of but some think is great on football manager. Happening wrong but last time guan said don't worry two signings soon it was two reserves.

? He was still right with two signings.

I think it'll be a big one, actually. The time spent on it, the hushness of it all. McCarthy was leaked, Pied we knew we had a bid in even if we thought he wasn't coming in the end.

I'm not sure it's going to be one of the names mentioned here as in Ox, Depay etc. I'd be surprised if it would be such a mammoth task to get Ox back. Depay never sure about his attitude, but hey. Seems we've had a couple slip through recently.

From the comments made by AR-10 "we aren't the only PL club in for him" made it sound distinctly like it was going to be from the continent rather than a player we know from the prem.

All speculation though. I for one am fairly chuffed that ITKs have given us the thumbs up for 1-2 more signings. It's exactly what we need, and I think the squad could look rather tidy, good amount of youth, unproven manager but a pre season to whet the appetite.

Just ordered my #23 Hojbjerg away shirt. Feel a bit ridiculous wearing a 20 year old kids name on my back, but hey.

That's football. The things we do.

That's what makes me think it won't be him. Clasie has been played there a lot through pre-season and was at the bilbao game too when he came on for Tadic.

I still reckon it will be Boufal, but Munian seems interesting too.

I would LOVE it to be Munian. This is again another player who was tipped for the very top but hasn't quite reached that potential. Be a very able replacement for Mane.

Pfff, Ben Arfa went back to his level, that's the difference. PSG and Lyon apart the French league is Championship mediocre.

Depay is a bust and will be so until he returns to his level of ability.

Perhaps, but I personally wouldn't write someone off at 22.

Yeah let's take a punt on Ravel Morrison.

Wasn't aware that he had been capped 24 times for his country. ;)

I take your point, but if we judged everyone by the worst point of comparison a lot of potential would be thrown away.

Amazingly, Morrison still appears to be at Lazio.

Whoever the signing and new contract is, would appreciate the news announcements this morning so we can all get on with our lives and I may actually get some work done today

Would be great to be 8 hours behind and find all signings announced by the time you go for your lunch.

I'm an hour ahead.

Would be great to be 8 hours behind and find all signings announced by the time you go for your lunch.

I'm an hour ahead.

I've always been confused by time zones. So does that mean those that are further east get to hear about the signings first? That sounds crazy.

Test match is on, which progresses at the pace akin to developments on this thread. So work, cricket on in the background, glance at cricket/this thread, nothing happening, work, glance at cricket/thread, nothing happening, work, etc

Ad infinitum

Wasn't aware that he had been capped 24 times for his country. ;)

I take your point, but if we judged everyone by the worst point of comparison a lot of potential would be thrown away.

Amazingly, Morrison still appears to be at Lazio.

I just think dangerous thinking we are ones capable of nurturing potential in these players who don't have right attitude.

Yeah assuming finding it hard to make mates with the mafia.

Anyone else of the opinion that is maybe too quiet for this signing to be happening today? Usually there is some sort of whisper the day before and there has been nothing. The Pierre deal had snippets that come out the evening before..........
Pied was out of nowhere really, I know it was rumoured a few weeks before but it had gone quiet and then there was the half 10 at night announcement. I'm thinking it'll be someone who has been in the papers as a rumour at some point. I would be very surprised if it was a player we weren't even rumoured with.

W Ham has pulled out of the race to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette - could this be our guy? Just guessing here to brutaly honest : )

if we signed him there would be jizz everywhere on here.

I would be very surprise if it was depay, not one aspect of him fits saints.

Can someone give a quick update of why this is thread is suddenly at fever pitch and something may happen today? Thanks from all the people just logging in now.

Now this is a story all about how,

Our lives got flipped, turned upside down,

And I'd like to take a minute,

Just sit right there,

I'll tell you how we became the princes of forum refresh stare.

In west quay shopping centre born and raised

On the twitter was where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shooting some bullcrap arguing with fools

When a couple of itks who were up to no good

Started making rumours in my neighborhood

I got one little sight and my eyes got snared

They said, "Saints are signing someone, left sided with flair"

I begged and pleaded with them day after day

But they sealed their lips and sent me on my way

They gave me a snippet and then gave me my ticket.

I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well click it."

I've always been confused by time zones. So does that mean those that are further east get to hear about the signings first? That sounds crazy.

No, those West of UK hear about a signing earlier (earlier obviously only in relation to their own days..).

3pm kick offs happen at 8/9am or so. Not very convenient

ESB has been told by his friend in a sports management group that a signing is happening today. But could drag out longer if not sorted.

I said likely weds/thurs but with everything when it will be announced is another matter, as often contracts are signed and then promotional work is done ready for the announcement. I would like to say Guan and AR-10 have also confirmed this, so it is happening guys, just gotta wait.....

Now this is a story all about how,

Our lives got flipped, turned upside down,

And I'd like to take a minute,

Just sit right there,

I'll tell you how we became the princes of forum refresh stare.

In west quay shopping centre born and raised

On the twitter was where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shooting some bullcrap arguing with fools

When a couple of itks who were up to no good

Started making rumours in my neighborhood

I got one little sight and my eyes got snared

They said, "Saints are signing someone, left sided with flair"

I begged and pleaded with them day after day

But they sealed their lips and sent me on my way

They gave me a snippet and then gave me my ticket.

I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well click it."

:lol:

I said likely weds/thurs but with everything when it will be announced is another matter, as often contracts are signed and then promotional work is done ready for the announcement. I would like to say Guan and AR-10 have also confirmed this, so it is happening guys, just gotta wait.....
I guess once the contracts are signed then the leaks will flow as can't back out then?